Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Dry cleaning a plisse?

POST A REPLY

Jan 17, 2007, 11:16pm   #16
G
Grands Fonds
Alive and Kicking
I sent one of mine to the dry-cleaners here (the recommended one) - they did a great job - came back the same as it went in.
Jan 17, 2007, 11:20pm   #17
avandome
Oscar is a star!
Originally Posted by hermesgroupie
NYC will send it to Tiecrafters' for cleaning, but the price went up to $23.00 for cleaning a regular scarf.
good to know, I have been afraid to buy a plisse for the above listed reasons.
Jan 17, 2007, 11:24pm   #18
Serenity Now
Insanity later
Originally Posted by Grands Fonds
I sent one of mine to the dry-cleaners here (the recommended one) - they did a great job - came back the same as it went in.
Oh K! That's great news! I did ask my SA if H had any recommended drycleaners for plisses here but he said no. Hmm.. yeah right! K, do you know of any recommended ones in my state?
Jan 17, 2007, 11:33pm   #19
G
Grands Fonds
Alive and Kicking
No - but if you want to send it here, it's called Blue & White Dry-cleaners in Neutral Bay...Greg recommended them to me.
Jan 17, 2007, 11:37pm   #20
Serenity Now
Insanity later
Thanks K!!! Lol @ the name..... Sure it's not Black & Gold? Sounds like quality!
Jan 17, 2007, 11:40pm   #21
G
Grands Fonds
Alive and Kicking
He, he - I know!!

Actually they have a website - they are considered the best in Sydney! They always do my beaded Collette dresses.....and they packed my wedding dress. They also leave the hems plump and rolled, and fold the scarf with the correct folds if you send in a normal silk-twill.

Methinks the owner collects Hermes? LOl!
Jan 17, 2007, 11:47pm   #22
Serenity Now
Insanity later
Just "once-over" their website. Man, it's a huge operation! Driveway service?? Now we need this kinda thing here! I don't like getting out of my car, lol, how lazy am I? Good to know they treat H scarves so well. I know some drycleaners really don't pay attention to detail particularly when it comes to folding the H scarves the right way. Thanks again, K! Now I can relax while eating tomato-based pasta or drink Tom Yam soup while wearing my plisses, hehe.
Jan 18, 2007, 12:57am   #23
gracekelly
The Red Queen
If you girls never want to clean a plisse, then just wear them around my DH. He is like dining with a policeman LOL! "Take off that scarf, tuck in that scarf Yada, yada yada... You are going to get a $350 scarf dirty with a $5 tuna fish sandwich?" I think you get the picture I just look at him and roll my eyeballs and remind him that I have yet to get one dirty in all these years of wearing them. Meanwhile, I am always cleaning his neckties. LOL!
Jan 18, 2007, 1:29am   #24
CobaltBlu
^^^$5 sandwich, love it!
Jan 18, 2007, 5:56am   #25
hermesgroupie
Orange crush
^^^^Mizzle, even if you send the plisse for cleaning at Tiecrafters, some of the pleating can come undone. I have been told eventually most plisses, if you have them long enough, will need repleating.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >