Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Best Size for Everyday Kelly?

POST A REPLY

Apr 8, 2009, 8:53pm   #16
I think Flossy Figaro posted comparison shots of different sized birkins and kellys, and ILML had action shots in the reference section. I find a 28 sellier perfect for me, but I am 5'2" (medium build - size 42/44 dolce -- Mooks I lost a little weight since we last chatted :) and wear jeans.

I'm in the minority on tpf but I think retourne kelly in a 32 looks (this is my opinion only - please no one flame me) a little conservative; and in a dark color, the 35 kelly can look briefcase like in either retourne or sellier. But nothing beats trying on for yourself in real life.
Apr 8, 2009, 8:54pm   #17
e
english3222
I am 5' 6" and 140 lbs and prefer a 32 cm kelly for everyday. I don't carry a whole lot. I have attached pics of 32 cm retourne choc togo, 32 cm sellier bdp epsom and 35 cm rg clemence birking for comparison.

Attached Images

Apr 8, 2009, 9:17pm   #18
bagmoma
GREAT pix English......its super to see side by side comparisons and you look gorgeous too!

Lovely H family you have there!
Apr 8, 2009, 9:49pm   #19
e
english3222
Thanks bagmoma! I am not a fancy person and use my bags very casually. I am about the same size as the OP bagshopr and thought it might be helpful to see the different options.
Apr 8, 2009, 9:51pm   #20
miss oinky
Oy, gorgeous pics english
Apr 8, 2009, 10:06pm   #21
e
english3222
Thanks miss piggy, was just a regular gal dressing to go to Safeway or sumthin' like that. When I am out in the yard scooping up after the dogs I sometimes wonder why I am wearing an Hermes scarf. Who am I tryin' to kid??? But back to original topic (I didn't mean to interrupt this thread), for me the 32 kelly is most comfortable for daily use, I find the 35 birkin a bit big because it is wider at the bottom. Maybe the 35 kelly is narrower than the birkin and would not feel as big.
Apr 8, 2009, 10:25pm   #22
miss oinky
How about getting in and out of a 32 Kelly in a jiffy ?
Apr 8, 2009, 10:30pm   #23
e
english3222
Originally Posted by miss piggy
How about getting in and out of a 32 Kelly in a jiffy ?
The 32 togo kelly is fairly easy for me to get in and out of. I keep everything in an organizer, so I know where everything is, and I use the shoulder strap when I want to get into the bag quickly without having to set it down. The 32 sellier epsom is a bit more stiff and annoying. I don't use the epsom as much for that reason.
Apr 8, 2009, 10:32pm   #24
miss oinky
Thanks
Apr 8, 2009, 10:36pm   #25
Bijouxlady
A 35 Kelly is the best! I have two and plan to get another when I go to Paris in May!
Apr 8, 2009, 11:40pm   #26
n2chanel
Clutching the Pearls
Do the 35 kelly as long as you aren't thinking about it for evening!
Apr 9, 2009, 3:42am   #27
s
sac-a-main
Bgshpr,

For your stature, 5'7" (140#), I think u could go 32 or 35; best to try B4 U Buy!

While yur there, make sure to try on a 28cm too, just as a comparison. I know it's not what u had in mind, but good to try all 3 sizes IRL so you see for yourself.

Also, when u try on the 35 or 40 Kelly, also make sure to try on a 35Birkin too, just as a comparison.

IMO, the 35Birkin is what u should get if u want a large capacity everyday bag. I think 35/40 Kelly bags are proportional for folks like ... Shaquille O'Neil, or to average height women who want a briefcase look (hey 880, I know at least 1 person won't flame me for sayin' that!)

have fun trying on all those bags!
Apr 9, 2009, 7:00am   #28
bagshopr
Ooh, you ladies have been so helpful with your suggestions and the beautiful pics. I really value your opinions.

I tend to dress casually, even for work. On the weekend it is jeans, on workdays it is a skirt and jacket, no suits. I hardly ever have formal occasions. So this bag would be my everyday, everywhere bag.

I like the Kelly more than the Birkin, somehow it looks more finished to me. I think it bothers me when I see a stuffed Birkin with its closure flapping open. But of course I would not carry mine that way and I am hoping to try a Birkin when I am shopping. English, your red Birkin gives me palpitations it is so lovely!!

Leather? Something casual, grained, and not heavy.

Color? Etoupe, raisin, rouge H, any of the darker blues, perhaps black- I am fairly conservative but have a feeling that something will grab me when I see it.
Apr 9, 2009, 7:24am   #29
spenry
I have a 32 and a 35. I am a slim 5'9. I use the 35 size more.
Apr 9, 2009, 7:52am   #30
piperlu
Definitely a 35 for me. I liked the 32 Kelly's, but I had to arrange everything in the bag to get it to fit.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >