Home Premier Designers Hermès Hermès Shopping

Treatment in Hermes Stores

POST A REPLY

Mar 29, 2008, 4:30am   #46
^^^ Good for you! These stores won't learn how if no one tells them their service is lacking
Mar 29, 2008, 6:29am   #47
Originally Posted by rollinsband2002
When I was in the Palm Beach store a couple of weeks ago I was completely ignored by the sales staff. There was a gorgeous Kelly I was almost talking DH into getting but I wasn't about to go chasing down SA's to purchase a $7k bag. I was so mad that I wrote a complaint letter...within a week I received an email and a handwritten apology letter form the store manager...she also sent me an H catalog, scarf cards, a bottle of Caleche' and some other goodies. I thought this was a really good example of good customer service...all stores have their "off"days, but she didn't want to lose a customer over it. I say well done! I'll definitely stop in the store again...although I'll ask for her next time.
That's great that you lodged a complaint!
Mar 29, 2008, 8:19am   #48
♥ Always H ♥
Originally Posted by Jane225
January 2008 and there is a stool behind the desk/exhibit box right in front of the door on which this fellow was sitting (or maybe he's just very short?...). Yes it's probably more than 15 years since I shopped at Hermes in Philly. Sorry to hear they closed they were great. The SA would call me whenever any new towel or scarf design came in.
Don't take my criticism too personally Janney, maybe the guy had a bad day. It was right after xmas after all!
I'm wondering if maybe the fellow at the door was just there for security and was not an SA. The H on Madison in NYC has someone like that. When I was there it was a woman and she pretty much was just watching to make sure there were no problems, etc. She was clearly not an SA.
Mar 29, 2008, 9:25am   #49
Sus
When I was in the Palm Beach store a couple of weeks ago I was completely ignored by the sales staff. There was a gorgeous Kelly I was almost talking DH into getting but I wasn't about to go chasing down SA's to purchase a $7k bag. I was so mad that I wrote a complaint letter...within a week I received an email and a handwritten apology letter form the store manager...she also sent me an H catalog, scarf cards, a bottle of Caleche' and some other goodies. I thought this was a really good example of good customer service...all stores have their "off"days, but she didn't want to lose a customer over it. I say well done! I'll definitely stop in the store again...although I'll ask for her next time.
Bravo! The Palm Beach store can be a bit much IMO.
I have several wonderful SAs & SM at my store but there is one SA who still is less than friendly not snooty just comes across as not caring. I've spent lots of money there so I just ignore her generally. She obviously sells to others because I learned that she is going to Las Vegas as are any SAs who sell somewhere over a million in the US.
My suggestion is hold your head high and pick the Hermes salesperson most deserving of yourattention and money!
Mar 29, 2008, 9:27am   #50
Sus
Bravo! The Palm Beach store can be a bit much IMO.

I have several wonderful SAs & SM at my store but there is one SA who still is less than friendly not snooty just comes across as not caring. I've spent lots of money there so who know what her reasons are. I just ignore her generally. She obviously sells to others because I learned that she is going to Las Vegas as are any SAs who sell somewhere over a million in the US.

My suggestion is hold your head high and pick the Hermes salesperson most deserving of your attention and money!

Oh and P.S. always be friendly to the security guard!
Mar 30, 2008, 4:10am   #51
J
Originally Posted by Kallie Girl
I'm wondering if maybe the fellow at the door was just there for security and was not an SA. The H on Madison in NYC has someone like that. When I was there it was a woman and she pretty much was just watching to make sure there were no problems, etc. She was clearly not an SA.
Nope. I had a conversation about Herbags with him. He seemed to know what he was talking about. Never got up.
Mar 30, 2008, 9:47am   #52
Well I had such a great time yesterday with my SA, don't know her all that well and even turned down a Birkin but she showed me soo much in 1 hour, I think I know the store inventory! On the other hand the other SAs there were horrid, even to my SA! So it really depends on the person. After my playtime at Hermes, I got my china AND 4 Hermessence samples, the scarf knotting cards, the scarf booklet and the Le Monde magazine. WOW!
Mar 30, 2008, 3:53pm   #53
If you're ever in Glasgow, Scotland - most of the SAs are really lovely. The is a French lady there at the moment who is wonderful - really helpful. Chrisopher is nice as well.

The last time I was in there though there was an older lady with short hair that did the "look you up and down" thing that I absolutely hate (she looked like one of the more senior staff as well).

It really shouldn't matter whether you are dressed from head to toe in Chanel or jeans and trainers from Gap.
Mar 30, 2008, 5:33pm   #54
all i want is bags
I think it's completely hit-or-miss, depends on the day, the SA, the weather, what I'm wearing, what I'm feeling, how high I'm holding myself

I've been into H stores from NYC to Florence, and in some instances, the SAs have been overly helpful, even obnoxious (NYC Madison, Bal Harbor), to entirely removed and unresponsive (London Sloane Street, NYC Wall Street), and somewhere in between (Bordeaux, London Bond St.). And, I have never purchased anything at Hermes, so that can be a reference point as well...

I think that if you know what you're looking for or what you're looking at (names of leathers, colors, bags, etc.) that seems to help with warming the cold heart that can be an H SA, and also just ignoring their snottiness when it comes out

Overall, I would say not any different from other brands and stores. I get terrible service at Louis Vuitton stores sometimes, even when I have purchased things there before, and am wearing multiple visible LV items...(so random and bizarre if you ask me).
Apr 1, 2008, 7:14pm   #55
Hermès Rouge
I get better service in Dubai than I do in Sydney. Sydney is a 'hit or miss' but usually it's not bad.
Apr 1, 2008, 11:24pm   #56
homme des merveilles
i've only been to the south coast plaza hermès

2 out of the 3 Sas i have interacted with were very very nice and "chill"
im 17 . so that must mean something. they showed me all the choice i could possibly like. very light in approach and took their time - but not too long.

the only one i had "weird feelings" from was this one european heavy accent woman
who was inviting and asking me if i had question but had that impression that she doesn't really want to deal with you.
but right away i asked for a large bottle of the kelly calèche (i shouldn't assume but)
she almost was shocked that i was actually going to buy SOMEthing....

once i called the Las Vegas boutique to ask for availability of their Clarisse.
you man in his mid 20s similar to the scotland person calling king of prussia - very informative, nice, and respectful.

don't be afraid, its only a test the SAs are required to give quesitonable customers. hahahaha
Apr 2, 2008, 11:35am   #57
L
there is no law against looking around!!
Apr 2, 2008, 8:59pm   #58
homme des merveilles
Originally Posted by LucysMusicBox
there is no law against looking around!!
exactly
Apr 4, 2008, 9:06pm   #59
I've been in two H stores so far, one is San Francisco and other one I'm going often is KOP. Always a pleasure.
Apr 4, 2008, 9:17pm   #60
r
i had gone to the hermes store on bond street. the staff was terrible. extremely in attentive and when someone did attend to me i bought a belt and she was a bit surprised but a couple of other european sas totally snubbed me. and i thought i was pretty well dressed- carried a chanel bag and chanel flats.
and i think skin colour matters. Since i was an indian they would have bracketed me into a total waste of time tourist. dont know just guessing but i felt terrible at the isr service inspite of buying something they snubbed me. anyways sorry for the rant .
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Hermès Hermès Shopping