Home > > >

Bearn vs Kelly wallets

POST A REPLY

Apr 29, 2012, 2:22pm   #1
Pandada
I am new to Hermes and looking to buy a wallet...So excited! Visited my local store and the SA told me the Kelly wallet is hard to get (that was what I originally asked for) and she asked me if I would be interested in the Bearn wallet. I also like the Bearn wallet but my first choice is the Kelly. I am curious how long is the usual wait time for a Kelly wallet? I am looking for a bright color like rose or purple or elect. blue and prefer gold hardware. What is the price difference between Bearn and Kelly? Should I get the Bearn wallet without the wait? Is the Kelly wallet even offered to new customers like me with no buying history? Especially those colors i wanted? For those who own either wallet, what are the pros and cons of these two wallets? Which leather would you recommend? I would love to hear your advice. Thanks so much!
Apr 29, 2012, 2:31pm   #2
Midge S
I meant to do that.
I love the kelly wallet, especially over the bifold bearn which for me does not hold enough. However, I find the kelly irritating to get in to. I think the bearn is more practical.
Apr 29, 2012, 2:39pm   #3
I am Vincent
Love Leathers
I'm guy , so I think Bearn 10 cards is better for me
Apr 29, 2012, 4:19pm   #4
jmen
Ever think of leaving the staps to the KL wallet undone while shopping? I love mine and it holds all my bank cards, etc, cash without a problem.

DH found mine in London; it's bouganvillea. If you are in the States, pm me if you decide that's what you want.
Apr 30, 2012, 2:13am   #5
pond23
steph
I have been waiting more than 1 year for a Kelly long wallet in a shade of blue. :(
Apr 30, 2012, 4:10am   #6
elva1989
it depends on the color you want for kelly. bearn is also hard to come at least in my local store.
Apr 30, 2012, 4:26am   #7
Noneeta
I have both the Kelly and the Bearn and I find that I use the Bearn much more than the Kelly. I hate having the Kelly Straps undone, so it is rather cumbersome for a daily wallet. I like the Kelly wallet for its "spaciousness". The Bearn is really easy to use, but just does not stuff as much as the Kelly can. If you are a neat person, then the Bearn is a good bet.
Apr 30, 2012, 5:45am   #8
c
cr1stalangel
Bearn is more practical to use daily. The Kelly wallet is pretty but I cannot imagine using this daily as opening and closing it will be too troublesome.
Apr 30, 2012, 7:39am   #9
hopiko
Hi! I have a Tri fold bearne and it is great for size and convenience:-). I think the Kelly is gorgeous but would be better as a clutch because the turn lock may dent your bag and the straps are a bit of an inconvenience. Either way, both are wonderful wallets. Have fun looking:)
May 1, 2012, 1:28am   #10
Pandada
Thank you all for your great input! I think I am going with the Bearn. Now the thing is I really want one with goldware and a bright color. This seems not easy to come by. I will keep everyone posted what I end up getting if I am able to get a hold of one. My SA told me there will be a shipment on this coming Saturday! Fingers crossed!
May 1, 2012, 1:43am   #11
ReneH
M snubbing the croc
I've had both, my suggestion on the Kelly wallet is to open the wallet then hook the side straps and leave them connected all the time. Then I just open the top when I need it. You can easily access everything that way and it's a lot less hassle when you are shopping
May 2, 2012, 12:26am   #12
T
Tamarind
I have a Bearn wallet with gusset and it holds just the right amount for me. I don't carry a lot of cards and don't overstuff it. I also empty out receipts daily to file them.
I was offered a Kelly wallet when it first came out. I decided I preferred my Bearn because it was streamlined.

Many people like the Kelly wallet for doubling as a clutch. I prefer my Kelly Pochettes to the Kelly wallet as a clutch (the KPs hold a lot more), so in the end I thought the Kelly wallet costs more and is more bulky and not worth it to me.

Also, while I don't mind the Kelly turnlock mechanism at all for my Kelly bags (I only use Kellys and am very used to opening/closing them), I don't think I'd want to deal with that also in a wallet.
Jul 8, 2012, 1:26pm   #13
T
T.O.A.O.
I recently got the Kelly long wallet in the classic Orange with goat skin. Absolutely fabulous. I was curious if it could be carried as a clutch? Thoughts?
Jul 9, 2012, 1:11am   #14
c
cr1stalangel
Originally Posted by T.O.A.O.
I recently got the Kelly long wallet in the classic Orange with goat skin. Absolutely fabulous. I was curious if it could be carried as a clutch? Thoughts?
Most definitely. Other than the necessities like cash, credit cards, you can put your phone in there. And if you use a twilly or long necklace, you can have a shoulder strap too.
Jul 9, 2012, 1:25am   #15
loves
i'm loving it
I like both. I love the bearn, mine is a tri-fold and due to the lack of the turnkey, I find it much easier to fit it into my trim or bags with narrower openings.

However I find the kelly long wallet holds a lot more, gives me easier access to my cash and also holds a phone and I can even stuff in a small lipgloss.

This is my box klw used as a clutch
Last edited Jul 9, 2012 at 1:37am.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >