Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Which Dip Dye Are you - Ode to the Dip Dye!

POST A REPLY

Apr 27, 2011, 9:59am   #946
lily25
UNMUTUAL
Originally Posted by Roo Cambonne

Apols to those who have seen this before in the scarves thread, but this is the closest representation of this green that I have seen posted (thank you Nankali) There is also a cafe version that is not unlike the brown BdG from the first collection. The pale pink and khaki is so subtle that it is a quiet contender for most complexions.

I love the way the 140s are soft enought to drape and fold in a smiliar way to the cashmeres - becoming (albeit reluctantly) quite a fan.
Originally Posted by BHmommy
hi ladies! ^^ ask and you shall receive! here are mod pics of my new dip-dye ex libris shawl in the vieux rose/khaki colorway! it's a pretty mauve in real life and it's offset nicely by the neutral khaki border. sorry for the awful lighting in the picture.

it's my first 140cm in all-silk and must say the silk is soooo soft and wearable.

Lovely scarves ladies, I tried both of them a few days ago but were not my colors I looked very ashen/swallow colored.

Originally Posted by capulet
Always happy to enable!

Speaking of enabling (or not)...I got a bee in my bonnet about the Astrologie dip dye in rouge h/vermillion and figured my best bet at this point might be Bergdorf Goodman, since it's a couple seasons old, they tend to have some older scarves in stock, and I vaguely remembered it seeing it in the case the last time I was in NYC (although I didn't try it on, since this was before I fell so hard for dip dyes). I called the SA to see if they still had it in stock and she was very helpful and sent the one that sounded like the colorway I wanted, but since describing color can be subjective and BG doesn't use the Hermes stock tags with the colorway name and number, the one that sounded over the phone like what I was looking for ended up being this one, which is parme/vie de lin (I think) and more purple/berry than red. I am surprised how much I like this colorway, but I know I won't get the rouge Astrologie out of my head until I find it. So the question is whether I should keep it. What do you all think? (I know, probably stacks the deck to ask a bunch of enablers....)

I'm trying to be disciplined about my scarf purchases, especially the same design in different colorways, because it's so easy to wear one and let the other languish in the drawer. But if money and space (and, um, self-control) were no object I'd keep both. For reference, here is the lovely cayenne-pepper in her red Astrologie dip dye (I hope she doesn't mind if I repost):

Looks very nice dear!
Cayenne's pic enabled me for the red dip dye!

Originally Posted by capulet
Just got the red Astrologie! This one is definitely much more "me" - I love it!

Awesome, it is my favorite!
Jul 31, 2011, 3:13pm   #947
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
A huge thank you to miacillan for posting these mouthwatering shots in here reveal thread hope she doesn't mind them being shared here. Bienchen would you oblige with one of your marvellous modelling shots? TIA

Jul 31, 2011, 3:22pm   #948
Bienchen
H_appy
^ Roo, you made me laugh. Not sure about marvellous but a modelling shot nonetheless from the SOTD archive. It's too warm here to think of big silk items but I try to come back some other time.

Attached Images

Jul 31, 2011, 3:31pm   #949
lolakitten
I just realised I never posted my green BdG here

Jul 31, 2011, 5:04pm   #950
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
Bienchen - 'tis marvellous - thank you for sharing - and a very very pretty way of wearing the shawl.

Lolakitten That green BdG is purrrfect for you!
Aug 5, 2011, 8:19pm   #951
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
So late checking out the A/W 11 scarf offerings as I missed them when originally posted - but if anyone else like me has missed them - they can be found here:

90cms

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/pr...l#post19096861

Giant

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/pr...l#post18988738

Yet to find any that have budged me from my 'I think I'm done' stance (well, after one or two from Spring/Summer still in my sights ) but a little open to persuasion. Has anyone fallen/see or even acquired any of the new seasons dip dyes?
Jun 14, 2012, 8:15am   #952
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
It's been a while since I've visited this thead, and glad to be back with some pictures of my burgeoning 140cm dip dye collection. (I discovered that the latest collection of animal prints or the very subdued colours didn't appeal to me as much as I hoped for the 90s even though I love the texture).

I remember being very wary of this size initially, until I had an opportunity to play with different drapes and knots and now am devoted to them. (Please excuse the creases, they appear to show up far more in the pictures than I'd anticipated.)

ExLibris L-R Army/Iris, Vieux Rose/Olive, Cobalt/Encre

Third picture: ExLibris Green/Bronze (sorry don't have colourway name) and Bouclerie d'Attelage in orange (the 'blue' details are actually a khaki-like green)
Attached Images

Jun 14, 2012, 9:08am   #953
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
And a couple of serving suggestions with prune and etoupe:
Attached Images

Jun 14, 2012, 10:40am   #954
d
duna
Hi Roo, good to see you around! I have the same army green/purple EL, isn't it gorgeous?!? What colour is your purple Birkin?
Jun 14, 2012, 2:52pm   #955
Roo Cambonne
'H'-Firenze
Originally Posted by Roo Cambonne
And a couple of serving suggestions with prune and etoupe:

Hi Duna lovely to 'hear' from you too! Unexpectedly the iris appears to be the most versatile during the winter months, (greys, black, navys) and the old rose great at this time of year with creams, greyish taupes and mossier greens.

The blue just makes me smile every time I see it - and best of all with powder blue and white. The green is far yellower than the picture suggests.

You weren't kidding about the chameleon nature of that leather - devilishly difficult to capture particularly as the light reading was to capture the shimmering tones of the dip dyes - but prune it is and it seems to love the dip dyes almost as much as I do!
Sep 1, 2012, 2:21am   #956
bags to die for
Pavois dipdye with and without flash.

malabar/corail/rose colourway 08
purple/bleu klein/bordeaux colourway 04
Attached Images

Sep 3, 2012, 12:40am   #957
sparklelisab
Originally Posted by bags to die for
Pavois dipdye with and without flash.

malabar/corail/rose colourway 08
purple/bleu klein/bordeaux colourway 04
Holy Camole. Those are absolutely gorgeous twillies!! Crazy beautiful!! I would tie one around each wrist.
Oct 6, 2012, 1:27pm   #958
alundpr
Name:  image-2488547103.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  628.1 KB
Oct 16, 2012, 11:11am   #959
lafayette
LES CLES
by
Cathy Latham

http://cdn01.trixum.de/upload2/33400....jpg?rand=6487

Oct 16, 2012, 2:03pm   #960
frou frou
perfection is boring
My first dipdye , Brides de Gala .
Love the way the muted colours seem to glow , and the understated way it ties .
I'm not sure of the colourway , the background is a taupe and the border is bordeaux.
Seems to crease much more than the regular twills, but that won't detract for me ...I plan to wear it a lot.
Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >