Apr 13, 2009, 9:12pm   #62
Scrappy bioch
Originally Posted by Bag&ShoeLover
Can u burn these 2 a dvd?
I am pretty sure you can.

Here is another awesome (super fast) video I found

Apr 13, 2009, 9:53pm   #63
d
Zumba looks fabulous, but I can't dance and have no sense of timing or rhythm whatsoever. I'd make a complete knob of myself.
Apr 14, 2009, 1:16pm   #64
Originally Posted by dallas
Zumba looks fabulous, but I can't dance and have no sense of timing or rhythm whatsoever. I'd make a complete knob of myself.

That is why I am taking this class~ I am hoping it will get me some Rhythm.
Apr 14, 2009, 6:33pm   #65
Originally Posted by dallas

Nobody even cares!!! It's a big party!!! I suck at dancing but if someone is more worried about me messing up than what they are doing that is on them. There were some steps that I couldn't get to save my life but hey just keep it moving. You will have fun!!
Apr 14, 2009, 6:40pm   #66
Stay Gold!
This sounds really fun - wish they have it here too down under..
Apr 14, 2009, 7:10pm   #67
Scrappy bioch
Originally Posted by truegem
Nobody even cares!!! It's a big party!!! I suck at dancing but if someone is more worried about me messing up than what they are doing that is on them. There were some steps that I couldn't get to save my life but hey just keep it moving. You will have fun!!
ITA

You should really give it a try Dallas!
Apr 14, 2009, 8:13pm   #68
Dallas -

I definitely agree with what's been said - in all my Zumba classes, everyone is trying so hard to follow the directions, moves, etc we don't have time to stare at anyone else. Don't worry! You'll love it, I've just started and I do!
Apr 14, 2009, 10:57pm   #69
d
Right. You gals have me convinced. Knob or not, I'm in.
Apr 20, 2009, 11:21pm   #70
patiently waiting
ahh! a thread after my own heart! I need the basic set. Stat.
Apr 22, 2009, 1:14pm   #71
tln
Have a nice day!
I tried this for the first time last week, and I am hooked. So much fun! My everything was sweating. The first half of my class was taught by one gal, and then midway through we got another instructor. That made it pretty fun! Even though there were at least 70 people in that room, I couldn't have told you what anyone was even doing, I was concentrating on learning the moves.
Apr 22, 2009, 6:05pm   #72
patiently waiting
^so cool! I'm desperate to try it live. I know that Tanya teaches a class in Manhattan, but it's SO expensive. It's probably real packed too. :(
Apr 23, 2009, 10:22pm   #73
I am bummed...I haven't had a chance to go back since my first class. One class a week on Friday at 6:30...c'mon now!!!! I sweat waaaay to much to be able to get home and do my hair after that and get out the house for some more partying. Enjoy ladies...I'll let you know how my next class goes when I make it to one.
Apr 25, 2009, 1:10am   #74
Scrappy bioch
Originally Posted by deeliciouz
ahh! a thread after my own heart! I need the basic set. Stat.
Love your signature deeliciouz!

I am glad you decided to give a try. You won't regret it Dallas!

truegem, put up a ponytail and blow dry it at the gym right after your class. I've done it a couple of times and it works great for me. Don't give up Zumba just yet
Apr 25, 2009, 7:46am   #75
In my experience, so much depends on the teacher and the music. I recently tried a new teacher and did not enjoy it very much.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness