Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Apr 3, 2009, 2:16pm   #46
Pinkdancer
Want. Want. Want.
I just wanted to say that I went to another Zumba class last weekend. Since it was at 8:30 in the morning on Saturday, there were less than 10 of us in the class (as opposed to the 60+ people in the Monday evening class).

What I really like about Zumba is how much it differs depending on who is teaching it. Sometimes you get an instructor who teaches a really intense/semi-difficult routine (choreography-wise) and other times you'll get an instructor who focuses more on the same repeated movements in more of a low-impact aerobics style. Generally I prefer the really intense complicated stuff, but it's nice to mix it up!

I think I'd like to get trained to become an instructor...
Apr 3, 2009, 8:16pm   #47
truegem
OH YEAH... I am in!!!! Just went to my first Zumba class and I am dripping in sweat. Just think dancing your butt off for an hour. How fun. I now have a constant Friday night date...ZUMBA!!!
Apr 3, 2009, 8:26pm   #48
twochubbycheeks
..just KEEP swimming
wooohoooo!!! I just received my Zumba package!!! my gosh.. waiting is such a torture, seriously!!! I bought this off ebay.. and later found out that the seller only goes to the PO once a week!

so yeah, 2wks later.. got my package.. at least he sent it Priority! WOOT WOOT!!!

I'm so ready to ZUMBAAAA!!!! LOL
Apr 4, 2009, 1:31am   #49
Charlie
Right on!! Tell us what you think after you've tried it Twochubbycheeks
Apr 4, 2009, 5:41am   #50
l
loladahling
Pandoralicious
I am so jealous of you guys having regular classes to attend! I have googled it over here and I think only a handful of gyms around London seem to have caught onto Zumba yet. I am going to have to start a UK Zumba Revolution!!
Apr 4, 2009, 12:01pm   #51
sara999
RIP Daddy...
Originally Posted by loladahling
I am so jealous of you guys having regular classes to attend! I have googled it over here and I think only a handful of gyms around London seem to have caught onto Zumba yet. I am going to have to start a UK Zumba Revolution!!
i've been trying to locate some myself...found a few in london but they are about £12/class!!!
Apr 4, 2009, 6:28pm   #52
twochubbycheeks
..just KEEP swimming
Ladies, just purchase the dvd set. =)

I got mine off ebay, where AmourCouture got hers. It contains dvd set, set of weights and a few extra cds/dvds to for $60.

It might be cheaper on other websites, just google it. =)
Apr 5, 2009, 4:52pm   #53
Charlie
Originally Posted by loladahling
You can do anything you set your mind on!!
Apr 7, 2009, 10:13am   #54
Bag&ShoeLover
I am signing up 4 one that starts in June
Apr 7, 2009, 11:43pm   #55
truegem
I have been obsessed with finding good Zumba videos on Youtube and I have found some good ones. If you don't have a class to go to just create a playlist of your fav videos and there you have it.
Apr 7, 2009, 11:52pm   #56
twochubbycheeks
..just KEEP swimming
Originally Posted by truegem
I have been obsessed with finding good Zumba videos on Youtube and I have found some good ones. If you don't have a class to go to just create a playlist of your fav videos and there you have it.

awesome!!! would you mind posting the videos you found here?

I got the dvd set, it's fun.. I did the beginners dvd.. but I want to do a continuous zumba set too ... TIA~
Apr 8, 2009, 12:48am   #57
Bag&ShoeLover
Can u burn the utube ones 2 a cd?
Apr 8, 2009, 6:53pm   #58
truegem
I have watched a lot on youtube and these are the ones that seemed pretty good to me. Everyone's taste is going to be a little different of course so it may not suit you. I was looking for more dance steps than your typical aerboics steps. If that makes sense. All of them have at least 5 (I think) different routines uploaded so you can probably find something you like. Keep in mind these are youtube videos so they may not be the best quality.

Do a search for these usernames:

adrianfreshapes
blilia
bordermex
hrounds73
kpricezumba
zumbacornwall
zumbagirl4
Apr 9, 2009, 8:21am   #59
twochubbycheeks
..just KEEP swimming
thanks! will check 'em out! =)