ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Whats your weekly exercise routine?

POST A REPLY

May 22, 2012, 4:21pm   #16
KayuuKathey
Be a Shoobie
I go to fitness classes at some boutiques like Exhale or Refine Method here in NYC and have my Insanity program and huge collection of fitness dvds and equipment for my home gym!
May 28, 2012, 10:50pm   #17
lolitablue
Happy Place!!
Gym five nights a week!! I do weight training and so far this is where I have seen the best results. Three days a week, I do Body Pump but I also do the regular free weights and machines afterwards. Today was legs, triceps, abs. Tomorrow, chest, biceps and abs, Wednesday Body Flow and CXWorks, then some back, calves and lats. Thursday will be whatever I did today. Friday, off. Saturday, Body Pump, CXWorks and free weights. Sundays, off.

The days that I don't do the class, I do 30 minutes of Stairmaster. I try to include abs everyday.

Coronita is right! Weight training is the best for women. Toning muscles now will prevent injuries in the future! Also, I found myself a workout buddy who not only knows what he is doing, he is also pushing me to my limit and the difference is showing on my thighs and abs!! Working with partners create accountability and makes you more responsible about your role in your own well-being!!
May 29, 2012, 3:47pm   #18
Saviola
My dog= My world
As of lately: jogging 2 miles on the treadmill about 4 x weekly. I also play basketball with SO every Sunday.
May 29, 2012, 7:25pm   #19
paelaf
semi-banned
I do...

2x/week 20 min HIIT followed by 25 min moderate cardio
2x/week 30-45 min cardio (the arc trainer is the only cardio equipment I enjoy using)
2x/week upper body and 2x/week lower body weights/resistance (heavy-ish)
1-2x/week 30 min Pilates floor routine
No extra ab work at the moment

mellecyn I definitely recommend trying out lifting! I never really enjoyed the gym before getting into weights--it makes a big difference.

Originally Posted by beachy10
I am doing Brazil Butt Lift and it's 50-80 mins a day for 6 days. I am on week 4.
How is this, beachy?
May 30, 2012, 9:05am   #20
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
Originally Posted by lolitablue
Gym five nights a week!! I do weight training and so far this is where I have seen the best results. Three days a week, I do Body Pump but I also do the regular free weights and machines afterwards. Today was legs, triceps, abs. Tomorrow, chest, biceps and abs, Wednesday Body Flow and CXWorks, then some back, calves and lats. Thursday will be whatever I did today. Friday, off. Saturday, Body Pump, CXWorks and free weights. Sundays, off.

The days that I don't do the class, I do 30 minutes of Stairmaster. I try to include abs everyday.

Coronita is right! Weight training is the best for women. Toning muscles now will prevent injuries in the future! Also, I found myself a workout buddy who not only knows what he is doing, he is also pushing me to my limit and the difference is showing on my thighs and abs!! Working with partners create accountability and makes you more responsible about your role in your own well-being!!
Well, I didn't mean to quote your whole reply, but I do bodyflow also. I do it every Friday at my gym. I started out very inflexible and clumsy and now I can't wait for Friday nights. It feels so good!

Another thing about lifting is that it can get quite addcting. Once you see what your body is capable of, you'll want to keep pushing yourself!
May 31, 2012, 12:56pm   #21
lolitablue
Happy Place!!
Originally Posted by coronita
Well, I didn't mean to quote your whole reply, but I do bodyflow also. I do it every Friday at my gym. I started out very inflexible and clumsy and now I can't wait for Friday nights. It feels so good!

Another thing about lifting is that it can get quite addcting. Once you see what your body is capable of, you'll want to keep pushing yourself!
Totally addicted here!! Today, I am doing legs and I am already functioning at 200% at work because just picturing what I am going to do today and how the results are starting to show, is just the best energizer medicine that I could ask for!!
I am pressing 300lbs on the leg press machine. Never, ever, I could have imagined doing that!
May 31, 2012, 3:30pm   #22
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
Totally addicted here!! Today, I am doing legs and I am already functioning at 200% at work because just picturing what I am going to do today and how the results are starting to show, is just the best energizer medicine that I could ask for!!
I am pressing 300lbs on the leg press machine. Never, ever, I could have imagined doing that!
Hmm, well I meant to say addicting. Haha. 300 on leg press? Impressive. I haven't done that machine in ages, so I don't know how much I could do.
May 31, 2012, 4:11pm   #23
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
I do power yoga DVDs two days a week, and a pilates dvd 2 days a week.
Jun 1, 2012, 5:05pm   #24
lolitablue
Happy Place!!
Hmm, well I meant to say addicting. Haha. 300 on leg press? Impressive. I haven't done that machine in ages, so I don't know how much I could do.
Keep in mind that your legs are the larger muscle group so aim high!!
Jun 1, 2012, 11:13pm   #25
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
Keep in mind that your legs are the larger muscle group so aim high!!
I just haven't tried any machines in a couple of years. I mostly do free weights. I am trying to deadlift high though, so we will see!
Jun 4, 2012, 12:53pm   #26
redskater
bags,books & Kitties
I've been doing Chalene Extreme now for 2 years, love the weight workouts, and I'm in my mid 50's and I'm stronger than I ever was in my 20's! I do her turbo fire or turbo jam for cardio 2 to 3 days a week, her weights 3x wk and I golf at least 3x a week. I totally agree on the weights, wish I'd started years ago, it's kept my weight steady without really trying,
Jun 4, 2012, 4:08pm   #27
lolitablue
Happy Place!!
I just haven't tried any machines in a couple of years. I mostly do free weights. I am trying to deadlift high though, so we will see!
Leg presses, hamstrings!! All those machines do wonders!!!
Jun 23, 2012, 4:51am   #28
Mette
rêveuse
it can vary slightly from week-to-week, but it usually looks something like this:
Monday - 60 mins aqua resistance
Tuesday - 90 mins yoga
Wednesday - 1km swim, 60 mins ballet
Thursday - nothing!
Friday - 1km swim
Saturday - 60 mins yoga (and sometimes a 60 min ballet or tap lesson)
Sunday - 90 mins yoga

I think I am going to give up my Sunday morning yoga class. I am finding it hard not having one morning when I can just sleep in and recharge.
Jun 23, 2012, 11:07pm   #29
p
pigpink
It's supposed to be weight training and cardio... but I can never get myself to do the cardio part. For weight training, my fav exercises is the dead lift, squat and for arms bicep curls and rowing :)
Jun 24, 2012, 9:56am   #30
DenimShopaholic
My happy place!!
I usally hit the gym 4 times a week for 45 minutes or so. Do a mix of cardio and weights.

I also take a Zumba class every Saturday and take Sunday 'off'.

I am looking to change my routine up a bit - either add another day of Zumba or find a yoga class. My gym offers personal training sessions, so I might add one or two of those soon just to get some pointers on how to change it up.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >