Home Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness

What Exercise Are You Doing Today??

POST A REPLY

Aug 3, 2011, 12:06pm   #31
v
Originally Posted by loves
What is iron ballet? Sounds interesting and quite painful
It's a class based on the fundamentals of ballet. Lots of lunges and leg work. It's great for you butt & thighs.
Aug 3, 2011, 12:16pm   #32
Being fabulous
Cardio on my treadmill, I'm an "amateur" compared to you ladies. But I am making the lifestyle change, and starting to be more active and eat right.
Aug 3, 2011, 12:22pm   #33
Sipping ginger ale
Originally Posted by manditex
Cardio on my treadmill, I'm an "amateur" compared to you ladies. But I am making the lifestyle change, and starting to be more active and eat right.
You're doing a great job!
Aug 3, 2011, 12:24pm   #34
J'aime coeurs roses
I'm right there with you!! I have only been working out since the end of April and then at a gym since the end of May early June. I'm loving it so far! :)

I'm most likely going to hit the gym once again today - carido (elliptical- incline 10 resistance between 50-100) I am going to try for 40 minutes today. Then on to weights. Going to focus on my arms.

Everyone have a great work out.
Aug 3, 2011, 12:39pm   #35
o
today i speed-walked 3.5 miles on the treadmill (at an incline and on a random-hill setting) instead of running it as i usually do to add some variety instead of running daily. tomorrow, i should be back to running.
Aug 3, 2011, 12:52pm   #36
e
I did a cardio mishmash today, 20 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical, 10 minutes sprinting on tredmill, 10 minutes of stair climber!
Aug 3, 2011, 4:04pm   #37
Being fabulous
I know to effectively lose weight and keep it off, you need to mix in the weight training with cardio....however for someone like me with no gym membership and no time for a gym, how can I incorporate weight traing at home?? I do 2 sets of 15 squats every day, but I'm not sure what else I can do? Any ideas?
Aug 3, 2011, 4:08pm   #38
J'aime coeurs roses
Use your body weight by doing planks/push ups/lunges - also invest in some hand weights. I have 2's, 3's, and 5's...gonna go up to either 8's or 10's this week. :)

Or there are the stretchy exercise bands that you can get, those are easier to store then a bunch of weights :)
Aug 3, 2011, 9:45pm   #39
Sipping ginger ale
I know to effectively lose weight and keep it off, you need to mix in the weight training with cardio....however for someone like me with no gym membership and no time for a gym, how can I incorporate weight traing at home?? I do 2 sets of 15 squats every day, but I'm not sure what else I can do? Any ideas?
When I first started lifting weights, I bought this book because it taught me all different kinds of exercises.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600780237

The book also shows you ways to modify most of the exercises for a home workouts. Target runs sales pretty often on free weights and you can also invest in some weighted body bars and a exercise ball is key too!
Aug 3, 2011, 10:30pm   #40
J'aime coeurs roses
The hubster and I did some yoga instead of going to the gym, he already went this morning. I'm just sore all over and wanted to do some stretching. He lasted longer than I did...He did the full 20mins, I had to have a break...lol

I also did some push-ups (off the wall) I actually really enjoy them. All that time that I just suffered and tried to do regular ones and I could have been doing them the other way. I did some leg lifts and really worked on my core...I'm going to be hurting oh so good tomorrow. :)
Aug 4, 2011, 9:48am   #41
e
If you can invest in a set of 10 lb weights you can do an entire body workout at home! Lunges, squats, bicep curls, tricep dips, back flies, chest press, dead lift, rows..etc!

I'm about to head to the gym to do a 20 minute cardio warm up and then lift some weighttss
Aug 4, 2011, 10:19am   #42
Sipping ginger ale
Workout 2 of my program:

Bench press
seated row
squats with heels raised on plates
step ups
underhand lat pulldowns

Then I did medicine ball pushups. I want to be able to do one armed pushups!
Aug 4, 2011, 11:17am   #43
J'aime coeurs roses
I've done:

4 sets of wall push-ups 15 reps each
worked on my abs (ball workout for about 20mins)
About to attempt to do some burpees...eeek!
Aug 4, 2011, 12:42pm   #44
J'aime coeurs roses
I was able to do 5 burpees my first time around....will do a 5 more after lunch!

WOW - those guys are killers!!
Aug 4, 2011, 12:43pm   #45
I did Nike Training Club today.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness