POST A REPLY

Mar 24, 2009, 7:52am   #1
a
I just noticed that my left rib cage sticks out a little more than my right. Is this normal?? I don't know how long it's been like this because I haven't noticed this until now.
Mar 24, 2009, 10:27am   #2
UNMUTUAL
Me too, my left ribcage is protruding, while my right is normal, and it makes my left boob seem bigger lol! Maybe because we have big hearts and need more room in there?
Mar 24, 2009, 12:04pm   #3
J'aime coeurs roses
mine are the same...but they stick way out...when i lay on my back and suck in, it looks like i have 2 sets of boobs...hehe
Mar 24, 2009, 12:25pm   #4
Hmm, my left lower ribcage only sticks out after I eat a lot! Otherwise it is fairly even.
Mar 24, 2009, 12:33pm   #5
H
This is not unusual at all. If you were to get breast implants the surgeon would have to compensate for the difference. No one is symmetrical and it is just a matter of degree.
Mar 24, 2009, 1:31pm   #6
My son's ribcage is uneven and when he was a baby (a skinny little peanut so it was really noticeable!) I was terrified it meant something was wrong. The doctor assured me it was common, just more pronounced in some people than in others.
Mar 24, 2009, 4:16pm   #7
Me too! I thought I was the only one!
Mar 24, 2009, 4:27pm   #8
My left ribcage sticks out more than my right.
Mar 24, 2009, 7:50pm   #9
j
Account Deactivated
The left side of my ribcage sticks out more than the right side. It's noticeable to me only when I'm laying down or if I really "suck it in." Standing up, no one could tell.
Mar 24, 2009, 8:17pm   #10
My left ribcage protrudes a lot more than my right, and it seems like it sits lower too. I always thought it was because I wore corsets a lot but it seems like it's not that unusual at all.
Mar 24, 2009, 10:55pm   #11
really
Mine too, but embarrassingly I never noticed it until I went to a plastic surgeon for a breast implant consult and he pointed it out!
Mar 25, 2009, 3:51am   #12
TV Addict
My left ribcage also sticks out more than my right! It's been bugging me for a while, as it is very obvious no matter if I'm standing up or lying down. All this time, I thought I was a weirdo. Glad to know that there are other people like me.
Mar 25, 2009, 7:39am   #13
Bless your heart :)
Hmm, I can't see my ribs... Maybe in another 10 lbs, lol!
Mar 25, 2009, 8:44am   #14
It is normal. Just like how our face is different on one side to the other. (Use a mirror, and use it to split your face in half...and compare the images of one side of your face w/ the other. You'll see the difference). One side of your body is more dominant than the other.

In advanced sports medicine, it can be quite detailed...looking at issues such as your posture, bone structure, etc. Very fascinating to hear about this stuff...at least for me...
Dec 13, 2010, 8:47pm   #15
K
Mine sticks out too! And it's the left side, it's more sensitive too, and hurts at times but the doctor said it was just uneven and nothing wrong with it because my back was fine. It always bugged me because I noticed it after I had surgery for a ruptured appendix. It's probably been like that though for a while. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with uneven ribs! YAY!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness