Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Thinning out for spring... anyone with me?

POST A REPLY

Feb 19, 2006, 10:49pm   #31
Mariah
count me in! i've been a lazy butt after i got sick like 2 months ago...but crew starts tuesday! and they manage to whip my butt into shape in between running this huge hill 14 times and making my arms and legs go numb on the water, etc. etc.
Feb 20, 2006, 10:41pm   #32
Dani
So. after being too busy to work out since thursday! I put together a little workout schedule for myself. ( I'm crazy about planning things, and sticking to a schedule so this will work for me). I've made time to hit the gym for over an hour tues- fri this week and I'm GOING to do it! :)

I also put together a meal guide-line, I feel this will help so I'm not as tempted to stray ( like tonight, I had pizza and I feel SO FULL bleh!) :) I'm eating enough to be healthy, but I'm making more nutrition conscious choices! :) just thought I'd post to help boost some morale and hopefully encourage others to follow suite.

:) These two ladies are my fitness inspirations, because they both have amazing ( yet healthy) bodies.

http://black.eyed.peas.free.fr/photo..._fergie128.jpg

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/ima...8050614425.jpg

don't give up, it's SO easy to get into the routine of eating well & exercising. :)
Feb 21, 2006, 12:19pm   #33
IntlSet
Bonjour!
Okay girls, how are we doing? I'm determined to stick to a healthy meal-plan today!
Feb 21, 2006, 12:28pm   #34
Tanja
Me, too just 3 latte macchiatos with semi fat milk (as my sin) and for dinner dark bred sandwiches with salat.
Feb 21, 2006, 12:36pm   #35
KK
Originally Posted by Swedie
Oh yess.. wedding coming up QUICKLY! I'm with you guys I am usually a nutrition nazi and a workout queen, but over christmas when FH was here for a month I was a lazy pig And then I got sick for 3 weeks.. so I have a little extra padding I feel.. and for the wedding and honeymoon I want to be fitter than ever

So how are we going to do this? We know what to do, we just need to get to it
From my experience, you will definitely loose the closer you are approaching your wedding especially in the last week, from stress I guess. I was not trying to loose at all for my wedding (whereas everyone around me was, funny) just because there was too much to do than to worry about weight, sort of slipped my mind. I was eating lots because being away from home all those years made me craved for everything. Anyway, I was loosing so much that my tailor/designer had to take the dress in every single day of the last week (that's why I need to go to fitting everyday too) until she said ok you have to stop loosing I can't take anything in anymore. So on the special day I have to keep pulling my dress up, it was kind of sliding so much that it wasn't very appropriate in some of the church pictures LOL. So don't worry, you will loose for sure before the wedding. Just eat healthy in order to promote good skin condition which is more important. Sometimes diet affects your skin condition and makes you look dull.
Feb 21, 2006, 12:37pm   #36
xikry5talix
kry5tal...get it?!:]
Quote:
don't give up, it's SO easy to get into the routine of eating well & exercising. :)
lies all lies!
Feb 21, 2006, 2:51pm   #37
Dani
Originally Posted by xikry5talix
lies all lies!
noooooo!!!

Eating habits are not easy to change, but in comparison to other bad habits ( smoking for example) it's reallly easy to make a change. Your body craves stuff that's good for you anyways, and once you start eating it consistantly you'll actually grow a distaste for certain high-fat things. It's important to not cut out all the good stuff though!

I'm a vegetarian again, and I feel better already ( meat is hard for my to digest, and it makes me sooo fulllll).

SO. I accidently slept through my class this morning( whooops!) and I went to a step class! whoohoo, it was an hour and I definitly feel awesome. I also had a healthy little lunch of cottage cheese w/ fruit, salad ( no dressing or croutons!) and a tiny serving of mac and cheese ( yum!)

See, not so hard!

PS. some helpful hints are to....

never allow yourself too get too hungry, snack on healthy things throughout the day- because if you cut too many calories your body will go into survival mode and you'll overeat without even realizing it!

have a different attitude about food in general! Eat slooooowwwwwllly ( this will make you fill up more) and enjoy the flavors, textures- etc. I used to HATE tomatoes, but now I eat cherry tomatoes plain! They have such a nice juicy flavor. mmmm.
Last edited Feb 21, 2006 at 2:54pm.
Feb 21, 2006, 5:50pm   #38
DRLISA
Here's some inspiration...I started with a trainer on January 2 of this year, she had me lifting weights 2-3 times a week and doing cardio for 30 min 3-4 times a week. She also put me on an eating plan of 5 small meals a day all consisting of lean protein, fruit and veggies. She told me no drinking alcohol, but I drank a few drinkies once or twice a week. By the first week in february I had lost 9 lbs., 4% body fat and 6 1/2 inches!!!!
Im still going strong, sometimes I slack on my cardio, and sometimes I say yes to a few bites of risotto....but seriously, like Dani said, once you get into a routine, its not so bad. And once you start seeing RESULTS its even easier!!!!
Feb 21, 2006, 7:30pm   #39
spiralsnowman
Yes!!! I'd like in on this too! I'd like to lose about 10 lbs.
(I hope I can do it in a month like you, Lisa. Great job:) )

Maybe we should all set goal weights and come up/ w/ fitness plans, and spur each other on?
Feb 21, 2006, 7:39pm   #40
BalenciagaLove
Plisse Me!
I agree! Ediets had this thing where you created for yourself a rewards schedule based on weight lost! (Sorry, I'm laughing already because I can only imagine how expensive that would be in this forum!)....

Anyways, mine went something like this:
5# Lost - Chloe Shoes
7# Lost - Haircut at Frederik Fekkai
10# Lost - MJ Stam
12# Lost - Fendi Spy

Well, you get my drift... Now I have a Spy, instead of the Stam, I got a Paddy.... anyways, it was money well spent and the weight so far has stayed off. I would love to lose another 10#, so I can get the other bags on my wish list.
Feb 21, 2006, 7:42pm   #41
Minnie
I am so upset. I hate the winter. I am sitting at home and i ate, then i decided i want some chocolate half an hour later some tea with jam , then some more chocolate. Its hard to stop when its cold outside.
Feb 21, 2006, 7:47pm   #42
spiralsnowman
Brilliant BL!!!

I guess I will do
5# - Balenciaga mini Makeup bag.
10# - Still undecided, since it's probably going to take me a while to
lose the 5

My plan:
Exercise at least 2 days a week
No eating after 9 pm
Only one sweet snack a day

My target:
March 21

I'll keep you guys updated. Wish me luck!!! :)
Feb 22, 2006, 1:12am   #43
Paisley
Live LOVE Cherish
I say I'm going on a diet and I gain weight, yet the next week when I'm not even thinking about 'diet' I lose 5 pounds...but I have been sick lately( ilose alot of weight when sick) so as of tonight I'm 125, so maybe 5 more pounds and I'll be great!
Feb 22, 2006, 1:18am   #44
IntlSet
Bonjour!
I know everyone says it's easy to lose 5 pounds but it's so hard for me!!! Those last five pounds are killer, I swear... I think it's because I hate working out. I don't mind starving, but I want to shoot myself when I'm on the treadmill! Okay, discipline, darling, discipline!
Feb 22, 2006, 1:34am   #45
pursegalsf
Handbag Connoisseur
Originally Posted by Noriko
I'm definitely down for losing weight~! I've lost a little over 40lbs since March 13th of last year. I really let myself go in my last relationship and felt it was time to take my life back I want to lose like 30 more damn it
Wow! Congrats on losing the 40 lbs. and good luck on the 30 lbs. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >