Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Stretch marks on calves would you still wear knee high dress?

POST A REPLY

Mar 6, 2012, 6:54am   #1
MNinVA
Hello all,
This is my first post asking question, if I posted in wrong section please remove it. I was trying to find out about the stretch marks and couldn't fine it so here is the question.
I am 5'1" and 120 lbs. I have had stretch marks on my calves ever since I was teenager and 98lbs. I never wore anything short to knee high so I can hide my stretch marks. But now my husband bought me few summer dress all knee high. I love them but I am not sure should I were them outside in public? What do you all think about visible stretch marks on calves?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Mar 6, 2012, 9:13am   #2
nc.girl
Girly Gear Head
I think that if YOU feel comfortable in the dresses you should wear them. I bet your stretch marks aren't near as bad as you think they are. We're women; we pick ourselves apart sometimes over things that aren't really THAT big of a deal.

I would think there are still some spray-on products out there that help hide stretch marks too...similar to self-tanners, but with more masking abilities. Maybe you could try something like that on your legs?
Mar 6, 2012, 11:35am   #3
MNinVA
Originally Posted by nc.girl
I think that if YOU feel comfortable in the dresses you should wear them. I bet your stretch marks aren't near as bad as you think they are. We're women; we pick ourselves apart sometimes over things that aren't really THAT big of a deal.

I would think there are still some spray-on products out there that help hide stretch marks too...similar to self-tanners, but with more masking abilities. Maybe you could try something like that on your legs?
Thanks for your reply. I like the idea of self tanner spray I will try to find... I have olive complexion and stretch marks are nasty white color. I want to think that they are not as bad, but you can see them from far. :(

Mar 6, 2012, 11:38am   #4
MNinVA
Originally Posted by nc.girl

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will try to find some self tanners that's great idea. I want to believe that stretch marks are not that bad but you. An see them from far. I have olive skin and stretch marks are nasty white color. :(

Mar 6, 2012, 1:21pm   #5
s
shopaholism
Account Deactivated
They're probably not nearly as noticeable to everyone else as they are to you, but if you're really not comfortable going bare-legged (and it's too warm for nude hose), you might try Dermablend--it's a very thick concealer-type makeup that makeup artists use to cover up tattoos on actors, and it also helps with severe blemishes and discolorations.

For what it's worth, I have a lot of stretch marks everywhere and have since age 11-12 (no kids/pregnancies)...my skin is quite thin and obviously doesn't stretch well. I'd say at least half of women without kids/pregnancies have stretch marks that they feel self-conscious about.
Mar 6, 2012, 1:45pm   #6
v
vhdos
This really isn't about what everyone else thinks - it's more about what you think, OP. It sounds like you are not comfortable showing them, so if you wear an outfit that exposes them, you may feel uncomfortable and lack confidence. Maybe try it out and see how you feel? I really don't think that stretch marks are that big of a deal.
Mar 6, 2012, 6:12pm   #7
MNinVA
Originally Posted by shopaholism
They're probably not nearly as noticeable to everyone else as they are to you, but if you're really not comfortable going bare-legged (and it's too warm for nude hose), you might try Dermablend--it's a very thick concealer-type makeup that makeup artists use to cover up tattoos on actors, and it also helps with severe blemishes and discolorations.

For what it's worth, I have a lot of stretch marks everywhere and have since age 11-12 (no kids/pregnancies)...my skin is quite thin and obviously doesn't stretch well. I'd say at least half of women without kids/pregnancies have stretch marks that they feel self-conscious about.
Thanks for your reply... I didn't know about dermablend, I will try that.

It's true that I am self conscious about them, but I am ready for the change and want to wear short dressed, just wanted some inputs and suggestions . Thanks guys for helping.

Mar 6, 2012, 7:09pm   #8
Charles
Sucks at budgeting
Who cares? If other people don't like your stretch marks, the can eff themselves. :)
Wear the dresses!
Mar 7, 2012, 6:26am   #9
Sternchen
+1 Charles!
Mar 7, 2012, 6:33am   #10
bisousx
No one notices your stretch marks, dear. I'm clumsy and always have scratches/bruises from bumping into stuff, but no one's ever said anything when I wear shorts.

If you want to try to cover it up though, there are some nice shimmer bronze creams (LORAC used to make a great one, I think it's discontinued though) available. I only wear them on special occasions because it's such a hassle to slather on.
Mar 7, 2012, 6:02pm   #11
MNinVA
Thanks a lot guys... Just wanted to know what people think when they saw bad stretch marks visible, you guys gave me confidence to wear what I want. I will post some pics with dresses :) and I think I will try to cover up my stretch marks for formal occasions :)
Thanks a lot

Mar 7, 2012, 7:00pm   #12
buttercup784eve
No wire hangers!
I say wear the dress. I've never noticed stretch marks on anyone's leg's before, but even if I did I wouldn't think anything of them. I have a couple of varicose veins on the backs of my knees (Thanks, kids! ), and sometimes I feel sort of self conscious when I wear shorts. But I tell you what, when it's 90 degrees outside I forget about those veins pretty quick.

Everybody has something that they're not particularly thrilled with, and some of us would have to wear a burka to cover them all.
Mar 10, 2012, 10:07pm   #13
McLoverly
I'm just going to join in to those who say... wear and enjoy! If you like the dresses you should wear them. Your hubby bought them for you because he obviously wants to see you in them (I'm sure he has seen your stretch marks and doesn't care). Who else's opinion of your legs is even important? That said, I doubt anyone will even notice your marks.
Mar 13, 2012, 10:24am   #14
sedatedrainbow
I too have a few stretch marks on my calves and the back of my thighs. I have scars on my knee from surgery as well. When I was younger a lot of ppl would tell me to hide my knees bc of the scars, but I really didn't give a crap. My scars are a part of me and I will enjoy my clothes and make sure I feel comfortable. It just motivated me to get even more beautiful clothes and shoes to feel confident and happy with the way I looked! I'm also olive skin colour btw.

Moral of the story: Wear what you want and be confident with who you are, flaws and all.
Mar 13, 2012, 10:25am   #15
sedatedrainbow
Originally Posted by McLoverly
. Your hubby bought them for you because he obviously wants to see you in them (I'm sure he has seen your stretch marks and doesn't care). Who else's opinion of your legs is even important?
I also agree with this comment as well!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >