Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Seeing darker in one eye than the other!

POST A REPLY

Dec 22, 2009, 4:46am   #1
m
materialgurl
in a material world
I'm hoping someone here would have an answer for me...

About a couple months ago, I started noticing something strange with my eyes. They do not see very well in the dark... when the lights are turned off and I am on the comp, and I look to somewhere dark, my right eye just feels.. WEIRD! I can't explain it, but it is not as good as my left eye. When I cover my right eye to see in the dark... my left eye does pretty well, I can see colors/shades and in general it is much brighter. Now when I cover my left eye.... right eye does not do as well in the dark! I would say it is about 30% dimmer than my left eye!! Anyone have this issue? Or knows what it may be?

This only happens when I see in the dark... when the lights are on I am completely fine.

Also wanted to add that if I wear my glasses (in the dark) I do not have this problem.
Dec 22, 2009, 8:09am   #2
Northergirl
It would be to hard for anyone on the forum to able to tell you what the problem is. Go to your eye Dr. ASAP!! You only have two eyes - take care of them.
Dec 22, 2009, 8:13am   #3
JetSetGo!
JGM ♥ PMG
I totally agree! Make an appt, and get this checked out.
Dec 22, 2009, 6:05pm   #4
l
lovehermes
Does your right eye get better with time seeing in the dark?
I have the same problem and asked my ophthalmologist last year and he didn't make a big deal about it, but it's good to check it out.
Dec 23, 2009, 6:30am   #5
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
I would go to a doctor and get it checked out, better be safe than sorry.
Dec 23, 2009, 9:06am   #6
Love my Tanos
You need to see an opthalmologist ASAP. This could be a sign of a neurological problem. Tell them exactly what's going on so they can schedule you in ASAP.
Dec 23, 2009, 9:31am   #7
v
vhdos
Agree with the other posts. Go to the doctor. I wouldn't take any chances with your eyes. Hopefully, it will turn out to be nothing. Keep us posted OP and happy Holidays!
Dec 23, 2009, 11:16am   #8
bagaholic85
my left eye always saw colors dimmer than my right. well maybe more blue tones, and my right more red tones, and in the dark, blue tones make things look darker. i thought that was completely normal -- and the reason that the 3D glasses are red and blue.

regardless, if this is new to you, it couldnt hurt to have it checked out
Dec 23, 2009, 11:31am   #9
k
karmenzsofia
TBH I'm surprised you would ask that here hoping someone would have an answer about an issue that clearly calls for medical attention. That can be caused by any of a number of conditions. As they others said: Go to the eye doctor as soon as you can!
Dec 23, 2009, 2:32pm   #10
macska
Go to the optometrist - stat!
Dec 26, 2009, 4:46pm   #11
boxermom
This is too important to delay. Please call your ophamologist and get in right away. Let us know how it goes. Good luck! I only have one good eye and if anything comes up with my eyes, I'm on the phone to the dr. right away.
Jan 11, 2011, 9:15pm   #12
E
Edith_t
hey, I know it was a while ago but just wondering what your optician said as
I am experiencing the same sensation. thanks, Edith
Jan 12, 2011, 8:00pm   #13
u
urologist
This happens to me too, and one of my friends who is an ophthalmologist says it is nothing to worry about, just fatigue of the cones (some of the cells in the eye that see color). That said, this is obviously not medical advice (as I am a urologist and know next to nothing about the eye!). I am still going to see an ophthalmologist (not my friend--he only does retina surgery), and I would encourage you to do the same.
May 8, 2012, 12:05am   #14
e
emmaleighton1
Heyaa, I suggest you go to the hospital because i have the same thing but i didnt notice it was so bad until i went for a eye test.

Its called Idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Its basically where you have pressure on your brain and it causes a brain tumor kind of thing but it isnt as bad. Untreated it can lead to blindness. If you have bad head aches, a swishing sound in your ears, darkness or double vision you more then likely will be diagnosed with this. Its pretty easy to treat so its not that bad but i think you should go see a doctor and just ask about it if you think you have anything that sounds like this.
May 25, 2012, 11:56am   #15
ashleyroe
back from a hiatus!
its normal. ive always seen two different colors.

one eye actually catches more red and the other more blue (like 3D glasses).

so colors are alittle different hue in each eye. it's very subtle. but its there.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >