ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Recommendations for a good vitamin supplement

POST A REPLY

May 18, 2010, 7:18pm   #1
m
memory
I am looking for a good quality multi-vitamin/mineral. Quality is more important then price, so suggest your best and favorites here!
May 19, 2010, 11:07pm   #2
marina230
Personaly, I like women's ultra mega energy vitapak from GNC.
May 20, 2010, 12:43am   #3
miss_ritz
I take one a day.
May 20, 2010, 7:50am   #4
Bradysmum
Carter and Evan too!
I second the GNC suggestion. However One a Day is a good cheaper alternative.
May 21, 2010, 6:38am   #5
m
memory
Thanks for the suggestions - is one a day the same as Centrum?
May 23, 2010, 6:22pm   #6
SarahSeattle
Rainbow Light Prenatal One is my favorite. It's recommended frequently by doctors and it does not nauseate me as cheaper vitamins do. I pay about $25 per 150-pill bottle.
May 23, 2010, 6:53pm   #7
emcosmo1639
I take the GNC Be Wholesome vita pak and LOVE IT! It has a combination that covers skin & nails, multi, fish oils and I think something else. I do take the 2 fish oils at night though because of the fishy after taste. I had a nutritionist recommend the GNC brand and I've been very pleased. It's about $50 I think for one month (maybe $59). But if you join their rewards program you get 20% off. Also you can purchase them online and if you go through various rebate sites you can get as much as 15% back (that's how I tend to do it).
May 25, 2010, 4:31pm   #8
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
I've read that there is no advantage to the more expensive brands. *shrugs*
Feb 21, 2012, 3:55pm   #9
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
I got these GNC vitapack things a week or so ago and OMG I feel like death. The first 2 days I was fine but lately I have stomach aches and bad headaches, to the point that I can't even bring myself to work out. I read that I should break up the vitamins - taking half in the AM and half in the PM. Hoping someone can share their experiences.
Feb 21, 2012, 4:49pm   #10
GingerSnap527
I take One A Day, but NEVER on an empty stomach. If I take that thing on an empty stomach I feel horrible for hours.
Feb 21, 2012, 5:03pm   #11
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
I take my vitamins with food but UGH, I feel like death.
Feb 21, 2012, 9:00pm   #12
ashdir103104
10-31-04 <3
I take Alive! Daily Energy. I also take fish oil, vitamin B-12, glucomannan, and bioton. I feel really energized when I wake up
Feb 24, 2012, 2:00pm   #13
j
joansie
i like the "New Chapter Organics" brand sold at whole foods...i use many of their other supplements as well...they r pricey but i buy online at http://www.thdv.com - Total Health Discount Vitamins - free ship if u spend $85 - they carry all better brands at about 30% less than Whole Foods...i think Oprah recommended this one...
Feb 24, 2012, 4:56pm   #14
DC-Cutie
Originally Posted by joansie
i like the "New Chapter Organics" brand sold at whole foods...i use many of their other supplements as well...they r pricey but i buy online at http://www.thdv.com - Total Health Discount Vitamins - free ship if u spend $85 - they carry all better brands at about 30% less than Whole Foods...i think Oprah recommended this one...
I take new chapter as well, mainly because they are not full of additives like some other brands.
Feb 26, 2012, 8:00am   #15
A
Adrena
CL Newbie
I've switched to a jelly/gummy form of multi-vitamin.

Pretty sure that it doesn't contain all the stuff from the GNC pack, but I'm tired of taking "several pills" a day.

I buy it a Costco and they are called: MultiVites Gummy Vitamins for Adults, made by VitaFusion.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >