Home > >

Join me to Lose weight by May 1st?

POST A REPLY

Apr 17, 2012, 6:58pm   #241
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
It's funny how I can gear myself up Monday and Tuesday, then I weigh in Wednesday and fall off the wagon. I haven't done too bad the last week but I have not exercised in the slightest. Gotta keep that metabolism UP!!!!
Apr 17, 2012, 7:07pm   #242
hermes_lemming
my little etoupe
My motivation: online window shopping, cute guy in three weeks and my friend's wedding in 3 1/2 months.
Apr 17, 2012, 7:22pm   #243
IcansPotaFake32
Originally Posted by buzzytoes
It's funny how I can gear myself up Monday and Tuesday, then I weigh in Wednesday and fall off the wagon. I haven't done too bad the last week but I have not exercised in the slightest. Gotta keep that metabolism UP!!!!
That is hilarious (And TRUE). Seriously Monday and Tuesday in particular are torture. I was thinking to myself I just need to carry this through and be extra good Wednesday night, Thurs, etc and I will really be on the right track.
Apr 17, 2012, 7:44pm   #244
k
karagiselle
Dammit, why am I not losing weight anymore? Is it cos my period is nearing or is it like some of you, low carb = stagnant weight? Gosh, I'm do demoralized. I try to squeeze in some exercise but I thought of the 3:7 rule. Exercise only helps 30% but diet is the key. Maybe I should do something to my diet.. >:(
Apr 17, 2012, 9:13pm   #245
may3545
Happy living
^Exercise will not help you lose weight if diet is not controlled. Here is an old Time article that has stuck with me:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...914974,00.html

It's so true, and the reason why I wasn't losing weight even though I was exercising 7 days a week was due to my eating. I burn 200-500 calories, but consume 2000-4000 calories on a given day. That won't help me lose weight.

Now I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and eat 1500-2000 calories a day, max. I'm seeing results, finally. And a classmate said I looked thinner. I was over the moon.
Apr 17, 2012, 9:37pm   #246
IcansPotaFake32
That's encouraging ^^ Thanks for sharing. I read that article too awhile ago but can't say I have 100% put into practice. Need to make some changes and stick to it.
Apr 17, 2012, 9:42pm   #247
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
The last two days I have been super good eating, but I am already thinking "Ok tomorrow if I've lost weight I will have Mexican for dinner."

I saw a pin on Pinterest that said "Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog." I totally do that!!! I need to find something else instead. Maybe purchasing a new nail polish every week or something.
Apr 17, 2012, 10:52pm   #248
LeeMiller
Originally Posted by buzzytoes

I saw a pin on Pinterest that said "Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog." I totally do that!!! something.
Omg best quote ever!!!
Apr 18, 2012, 1:44am   #249
q
qiuqiu
yay!! back on track. I've lost 3.2lbs this week. Gotta keep this up or not I wont reach my goal on time
Apr 18, 2012, 4:53am   #250
hermes_lemming
my little etoupe
Originally Posted by qiuqiu
yay!! back on track. I've lost 3.2lbs this week. Gotta keep this up or not I wont reach my goal on time
You will make it.
Apr 18, 2012, 9:02am   #251
LexLV
Originally Posted by may3545
^I was just like you! I would half-heartedly exercise or eat consciously, and I don't know how to encourage you, but for me, it was the time crunch! In two months I have a bachelorette weekend and a wedding in 2.5 months-- so I NEED TO GET CRACKIN'. You can do it!!! Hopefully the personal trainer will also help with setting a good routine. Being accountable is great though. Even if it's not through this forum, but with actual friends or coworkers would help make you accountable for your actions. :) Good luck!
I know, nothing gives you a swift kick in the behind like the reality that you only have X amount of time! Procrastination at its finest Good luck to you as well!
Apr 18, 2012, 9:15am   #252
may3545
Happy living
Originally Posted by LexLV
I know, nothing gives you a swift kick in the behind like the reality that you only have X amount of time! Procrastination at its finest Good luck to you as well!
I'm still going! The weekend will be a challenge, but I'm planning ahead and avoiding foodie events except for one brunch. I need strength and accountability. Thanks for everyone's support!
Apr 18, 2012, 11:37am   #253
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
I am at exactly the same as last week - not even a tenth of a pound of difference. I guess that is better than going up but I was hoping to be down another pound.
Apr 18, 2012, 12:03pm   #254
clu13
Shoe and Bag Addict
Cranky and crampy this week - but stuck with it. I'm down 3 pounds this week. I ran a little and walked this week, plus the pushups.
Apr 18, 2012, 6:24pm   #255
IcansPotaFake32
Wow! Congrats to being down three pounds. I am at same weight. :( Being very good next few days.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >