Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Jillian Michael: 30 Day Shred

POST A REPLY

Feb 6, 2009, 12:37pm   #16
wordbox
so in love!
^ Hope your Target has it! Mine didn't, so I had to order online. Totally worth the wait, though.
Feb 6, 2009, 1:34pm   #17
ghall
It's Purdy...
yeah i had to get mine at amazon, but i got 2 day shipping!
Feb 6, 2009, 2:16pm   #18
g
gee
i got this from amazon.com. i have only tried level 1 so far and it's a great workout...this coming from a girl who loves step and turbo kick boxing!
Feb 6, 2009, 2:29pm   #19
wordbox
so in love!
What I like is that you can modify it so much. Even if you're in shape, you can focus on more intensity, use the more advanced moves all the time, increase the weight of your hand weights, etc. but you can also start out slow and still get a great workout.
Feb 6, 2009, 2:54pm   #20
alexis77
Adopt a Greyhound!
If you can't find it at target, check your grocery store. I found mine at Wegman's.
Feb 13, 2009, 4:53pm   #21
xanderbsb
After reading the reviews on this DVD, I decided to buy it. I got my copy from Wal Mart and started it on Tuesday the 10th. When I weighed myself this morning I was down 2lbs! I couldn't believe it.

There are some exercises I struggle with like the last minute of abs on the level one work out but overall I think it's a great DVD. I don't expect to have all the moves down perfect in the beginning.
Feb 13, 2009, 5:13pm   #22
missydarla
CHANEL is love!!!
This is good! I should get one too
Feb 13, 2009, 6:38pm   #23
*Jennster*
Yeah I'm gonna have to check this out as well. I love working out at home!
Feb 13, 2009, 9:59pm   #24
glamgirl84
uh oh seems like its even sold out on amazon! you can only purchase through other sellers at this point. im intrigued! it must be good~!
Feb 13, 2009, 10:09pm   #25
glamgirl84
Ok i just ordered it! A question: does the dvd give you any idea of what number weights to use? I don't have any so I'll have to buy some. Do you guys use 2, 3, 5, 8, 10? Any thoughts? BF will prob do this too since he likes the biggest loser- I'll have to get him some weights too but no clue how heavy!
Feb 15, 2009, 10:23am   #26
glitterglo
I just got this DVD last week and WOW!! I, too, went into it thinking that Level 1 would be very easy for me (I run 3 miles several times a week and also do Body Pump, etc.) To my surprise, level one was very challenging! GlamGirl, to answer your question, I would start off with light weights (between 3-5 lbs.). Some of the exercises feel impossible toward the end even with 5 lb. weights lol
Feb 15, 2009, 10:31am   #27
nova_girl
I've finally ordered mine! I'm looking forward to trying it.
Feb 15, 2009, 11:52am   #28
wordbox
so in love!
Originally Posted by glamgirl84
Ok i just ordered it! A question: does the dvd give you any idea of what number weights to use? I don't have any so I'll have to buy some. Do you guys use 2, 3, 5, 8, 10? Any thoughts? BF will prob do this too since he likes the biggest loser- I'll have to get him some weights too but no clue how heavy!
I started off each level using 2 pound weights, then worked up to 5. I finished my 30 days and restarted the cycle, and am beginning with 5 pound weights and plan on using heavier weights on the moves that are less challenging for me (meaning, I don't feel my muscles as much when I'm doing them).

I think it's best to just start out low and figure it out as you go. Some moves are challenging even with lower weights, but others I feel like I could use much heavier ones. I like to have a variety to pick from, depending on the moves.
Feb 15, 2009, 9:39pm   #29
glamgirl84
^Thanks ladies! I think I'll buy a couple different kinds of weights then. I want to be all ready to go when the dvd comes in the mail!
Feb 18, 2009, 10:55pm   #30
I
I_nadia_K
i received my dvd 3days ago and yet to try it out..
need to get my lazy butt off the couch!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >