Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Apr 19, 2012, 9:16pm   #16
f
foodjunkie8
I <3 Shopping!
Originally Posted by sophiamitchell3
Planking is the best! I just read something about it at a site about diet solutions, then researched more about it. It's the best one i think for those who just had babies. Since the body is a little heavy. It's really the fitted one to do. Just do it. 30 secs, 60 secs, then 90 secs. Do it every other day and get ready to get results.
Just youtube'd "planking" and will def have to give this a try! I like how it doesn't seem like it will strain your neck like crunchs do. Thanks for posting!
Apr 20, 2012, 10:36am   #17
Bag Fetish
Iphone Addict!
that loose skin is going no where!
I lost about 30 pounds that baby bell was gone like so flat but the skin is there to stay. Only way to tighten that up is a tummy tuck..
with working out (lots of cardio), and cutting starchy foods, LOTS of water.. you will keep control of so called fat in that area but also keep in mind that mine be a problem area for you... so you may have to work harder...

so even though you are maintaining weight(getting toned) that skin isnt going to go back to the way it was before kids.. if its loose skin...

:( I hate that part of losing weight. You feel good about how you look but you have to deal with that :( at least for me.
May 10, 2012, 10:35am   #18
J
Jesssh
I just dug out my old abslide and started doing 50 reps in the morning when I get out of bed, as part of a 2 minute yoga warmup. It's an easy fast way to build up strength in abs and shoulders, which makes other exercises easier (including planks). It makes you want to do more exercise.

There are some short workouts on cable On Demand. I tried a couple of the yoga shows and they were intensive enough for a 15-20 minute workout when you have limited time. The Pilates was a little boring but it's probably the way to go.

For cardio, I run with the dog. (He needs it or he'll go crazy.) I think I need to add turbokick.
May 10, 2012, 9:15pm   #19
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bag Fetish
that loose skin is going no where!
I lost about 30 pounds that baby bell was gone like so flat but the skin is there to stay. Only way to tighten that up is a tummy tuck..
with working out (lots of cardio), and cutting starchy foods, LOTS of water.. you will keep control of so called fat in that area but also keep in mind that mine be a problem area for you... so you may have to work harder...

so even though you are maintaining weight(getting toned) that skin isnt going to go back to the way it was before kids.. if its loose skin...

:( I hate that part of losing weight. You feel good about how you look but you have to deal with that :( at least for me.
How depressing! I was hoping I could tone the skin somehow. I guess I'll have to learn to live with it.
May 14, 2012, 3:51pm   #20
Jahpson
one word: insanity
May 15, 2012, 10:04pm   #21
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jahpson
one word: insanity
Just curious, what's insane?
May 15, 2012, 10:09pm   #22
Jadeite
Mental Discipline
I woke up one day and found I have middle age spread. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant.

is cardio the only way? Because it burns fat throughout the body and usually I lose fat at the (already small) boob area first. Beginnign to look more and more pear-shape if I carry on.
May 15, 2012, 10:27pm   #23
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jadeite
I woke up one day and found I have middle age spread. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant.
LOL -- I can relate! I recently lost 10 pounds but before that, I looked like I was in my first trimester of pregnancy. I've lost some fat, but nothing I've done so far has helped with the gross flap of skin on my abdomen.
May 15, 2012, 10:52pm   #24
CuTe_ClAsSy
Originally Posted by HermesNewbie
Just curious, what's insane?
Insanity is a workout program. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
May 16, 2012, 10:31am   #25
coronita
Sipping ginger ale
70% diet, 30% exercise. You can do all the exercises you want, but if you are still eating poorly, it isn't going to help!
May 16, 2012, 1:35pm   #26
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by CuTe_ClAsSy
Insanity is a workout program. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
Ahhhh.... OK! I knew I was missing something but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks, Jahpson for the recommendation!
May 30, 2012, 11:28am   #27
s
sammiefields
You can't spot-reduce, so there's no point in doing sit-ups. Your best bet would be to do lots of cardio and full-body weight training. The most important factor however, is your diet. Cut down on your sugar intake, and increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables.
Jun 6, 2012, 2:09pm   #28
raiderette74
Originally Posted by vhdos
If your ab muscles are covered by a layer of fat, then all the toning exercises in the world aren't going to make much difference. You need to do cardio to burn fat. With that said, you probably also have some excess skin and no amount of toning and/or exercise can tighten skin.
This - ABs has a lot to do with diet. You can have a super strong core from exercising but only diet will make that layer of fat go away.
Jun 13, 2012, 1:48pm   #29
A
Astrid K
Doing sit ups on a plastic ball is excellent work out for abs :) Never tried better and I train a lot!
Jun 21, 2012, 8:39am   #30
A
Arthur74
Crunches are a good way to tone your abs, particularly when coupled with diet and aerobic fitness exercise. Add these crunches to your exercise for flat, lean, rippling abs.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >