Home > >

How can I gain 10 pounds in 2 weeks?

POST A REPLY

Aug 29, 2008, 8:44pm   #1
NicolesCloset
sassy mama!
I don't get it. I have worked so hard at losing 10 pounds. It took me about 1 year and half. I have not changed anything in my diet or exercise routine, and I weigh myself every other day in the morning at the same time. At first, I noticed I gained a pound. No biggee. After all I fluctuate here and there 3-4 pounds especially when I am PMSing. Then today I can't believe when I weighed myself AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 10 pounds in two weeks. HOW ? WHAT? Has anyone ever been through this?
Aug 29, 2008, 9:27pm   #2
HauteMama
Depending on the time of day and what I've eaten or had to drink, I've had variations as large as 7 lb in 24 hours (not from stuffing myself, but perhaps water retention?). I would doubt that you actually gained the full 10 lb in only 2 weeks. Have you had a lot of salt or were you dehydrated?

I'd give yourself another week or two to stabilize or lose the weight, but if it continues you might want to see a dr. Rapid weight loss or gain without a significant change in habits can indicate a medical issue instead of a control issue.
Aug 29, 2008, 9:33pm   #3
C
ChristyR143
Really?
I highly doubt that you've gained 10lbs of fat. I read somewhere once that up to 10lbs of our body weight at any given time of the day can be bloat/water weight. So, if you've consumed a lot of salt, or if you haven't been drinking as much water as usual, that could be what's going on.

I second what HauteMama recommeded. Give it some time, and if it contines to rise, you should see your dr.

good luck!
Aug 29, 2008, 9:45pm   #4
BagLadie
Got a handle on it
Do you have your period? Sometimes that can tack on a full 5 lbs on me. It also could be WHEN you're weighing yourself. I weigh a lot more at night than I do in the morning.
Aug 29, 2008, 9:54pm   #5
ArmCandyLuvr
Hormones do it to me too. I can gain 5 pounds of water easily at the right time of month. Also, eating usually adds on 2-3 pounds. If I get, ahem, irregular, I can gain 3-4 pounds. Knowing this, I find it hard to believe that you gained 10 pounds of fat in 2 weeks. Even in my worst eating habit times, I don't gain that much.
Aug 29, 2008, 10:08pm   #6
NicolesCloset
sassy mama!
HI everyone thanks for all the responses. I dont have my period, and I barely eat salt. I drink lots of water. The only difference in my life is a fiber supplement. But can Fiber really make you gain weight?
Aug 30, 2008, 11:07am   #7
ArmCandyLuvr
^^^ Interesting. I noticed that I gained a few pounds after starting a fiber supplement as well. I think the fiber made me retain water or something. The labels on fiber supplements do often say that they can cause bloating as you get accustomed to the extra fiber. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
Aug 30, 2008, 1:25pm   #8
NicolesCloset
sassy mama!
I hope that is what it is. I think I am going to cut it in half.
Aug 31, 2008, 11:02pm   #9
xi_captain
Mika Luv!
Originally Posted by ArmCandyLuvr
^^^ Interesting. I noticed that I gained a few pounds after starting a fiber supplement as well. I think the fiber made me retain water or something. The labels on fiber supplements do often say that they can cause bloating as you get accustomed to the extra fiber. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
Hmmm, I started taking fiber supplements and haven't gained any weight (thank god!). But then again, I started taking the supplements at the same time where I decreased my calorie intake. Anyway, I hope bloating due to extra fiber is just temporary since fiber is actually supposed to be super helpful with digesting food...
Sep 1, 2008, 12:14am   #10
ShimmaPuff
Sentient IMBUSILE
Be me.
Sep 1, 2008, 12:20am   #11
azhangie
Piggy Fajita
Dont worry! Its just water retention from your fiber supplements! I doubled my fiber supplement because my doctor recommended it and my weight went up about 5 pounds. But every morning I'M BLOATED, and its obvious too. You can see it on my face that there's too much water in me. hahaha.

Are you feeling bloated in the mornings? I would cut the fiber, but I dont think its actual fat tat you're gaining. Its most likely water.
Sep 1, 2008, 11:00am   #12
ArmCandyLuvr
The bloating from fiber is just temporary. I have been taking Fibersure, and it says it can cause bloating and gas temporarily as your body adjusts. It recommends adjusting the dosage if it becomes too bothersome. If the OP scales back the dose and gradually builds up to the higher dose, that might alleviate any bloating.
Sep 1, 2008, 12:06pm   #13
a
allie06nd
What time are you weighing yourself?

If you're going to weigh yourself regularly, I've found that the best time to do it is first thing in the morning before you've had anything to eat or drink and with a minimal amount of clothing on. Your weight definitely fluctuates even throughout the course of a single day, depending on what you've consumed, and clothing can add a few pounds (particularly if you're wearing jeans or shoes). Since nobody eats and drinks the exact same thing at the exact same time every day, first thing in the morning is the only time you can really count on your body being in the same state day-to-day, so you're way more likely to get an accurate assessment of your weight if you compare the numbers you get in the morning.
Sep 1, 2008, 12:51pm   #14
fiatflux
Originally Posted by ShimmaPuff
Be me.
LOL...this has to be close to the record for the shortest post you've ever made, ShimmaPuff.

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought NC was asking for advice on how to gain 10 lbs in two weeks.

NC - are your clothes all still fitting you fine? If so, then you KNOW that there's NO WAY you really gained 10 lbs!!!
Sep 1, 2008, 2:42pm   #15
D
DamierAddict
Account Deactivated
well i do notice that the difference in my weight from the morning to the night can be anywhere from 3-5 lbs

also if you had a lot of salt or drank a lot of water that can be water retention which can also be 3-5 lbs (if you go into a wallgreens or a cvs they have these pills that take away bloating , ive tried them before)

if your on your period ... deff 5 lbs

and lastly if you havent gone to the bathroom in a couple of days (which happens to me) you can see some weight gain too

p.s when i saw this post i was like grrrrrr skinny girl wants to gain 10 pounds grrrr
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >