Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How bad is it to wear daily contacts for 2 days?

POST A REPLY

Jun 19, 2007, 8:59pm   #1
s
sheishollywood
LiveLaughLove
I wear daily contacts, but I just realized that I was on my last pair!! and I forgot to pick up my next month's order and will have to do that tomorrow.

Should I wear my daily contacts for one more day? How bad can it be? My nice glasses broke and I'm waiting for my new pair... But I do have extremely hideous pairs.

Just want to get some opinions before I take the plunge and wear my uglies! haha.
Jun 19, 2007, 9:02pm   #2
lv-lover
Just wear them for the extra day and make sure you clean and store them correctly for overnight. I'm sure your eyes aren't going to fall out or anything.

I do this all the time.
Jun 19, 2007, 11:48pm   #3
kallison
wake up.you're alive
it's not good, but it won't hurt if you only do it occasionally.

do you have solution, since they're only dailies? if you do, take them out and at least clean them for a minute.
Jun 20, 2007, 4:58pm   #4
DanielleNY
i honestly dont think it would hurt......im sure people do it all the time.........mine say 2 weeks, but i have kept them for almost a month
Jun 20, 2007, 10:02pm   #5
cupcake
♥ 5.29 ♥
Originally Posted by lv-lover
Just wear them for the extra day and make sure you clean and store them correctly for overnight. I'm sure your eyes aren't going to fall out or anything.

I do this all the time.
I agree. I wear daily disposables, as well. I've never had to do this but if you follow these directions you should be fine for a day. I wouldn't wear them longer than an extra day, though.

BTW, I am not sure what kind you wear, but Focus Dailies have an AWESOME rebate going until the end of the month - get an eye exam and buy a year supply of contacts and get a $200 rebate!

http://www.dailies.com/rebate/
This is for a $100 rebate but you can submit two forms.
Jun 20, 2007, 10:05pm   #6
cbetht
Originally Posted by mokoni
I agree. I wear daily disposables, as well. I've never had to do this but if you follow these directions you should be fine for a day. I wouldn't wear them longer than an extra day, though.

BTW, I am not sure what kind you wear, but Focus Dailies have an AWESOME rebate going until the end of the month - get an eye exam and buy a year supply of contacts and get a $200 rebate!

http://www.dailies.com/rebate/
This is for a $100 rebate but you can submit two forms.
I did this last month! It's a great deal. I got a 6 month supply for $40. Usually $140!
Jun 20, 2007, 10:09pm   #7
missmustard
Prima Donna Assoluta
I don't think it should be too bad if you only do this for one more day. I wear contact lenses and though mine are monthly, sometimes I'll make them last for 2 months. Just make sure you clean them thoroughly!
Jun 20, 2007, 10:12pm   #8
Bags4Bubbles
Bubbles luvs Bbags
Originally Posted by DanielleNY
i honestly dont think it would hurt......im sure people do it all the time.........mine say 2 weeks, but i have kept them for almost a month
I do this too....
Jun 21, 2007, 6:00pm   #9
lv-lover
haha, i didn't know other people did this too!!! i usually wear my two week contacts for a couple extra days...think of all the money we'll save!
Jun 22, 2007, 12:04am   #10
frannita
I wear dailies too... and have kept them on for more than a day as well. I still have a box of 90, and I got these last year. I know, I'm terrible

Thanks for the link to the rebate mokoni!!! I'll be getting an exam and changing my ways. LOL!
Jun 22, 2007, 3:25pm   #11
socalgrl86
Mommy Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by missmustard
I don't think it should be too bad if you only do this for one more day. I wear contact lenses and though mine are monthly, sometimes I'll make them last for 2 months. Just make sure you clean them thoroughly!
Me too. :-]]
Jun 22, 2007, 4:51pm   #12
MiuLouisChoo
Originally Posted by DanielleNY
Same here. And I used to wear dailies for extended periods without removing them. I know you're not supposed to but I never had trouble and my doc didn't faint when I told him...lol. I eventually had lasik cause I was an irresponsible contacts user...lol. Highly recommend it!
You should be fine.
Jun 22, 2007, 5:07pm   #13
Liz_x3
Well it won't kill you. But it dehydrates your eyes after a period of time.

Have you ever heard those horror stories about people leaving their contacts in while sleeping and then in the morning when they pull their contacts off their cornea comes off along with it???!?!?!? My eye doctor freaked me out lol!!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >