Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How bad is it to wear daily contacts for 2 days?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 19, 2007, 8:59pm   #1
s
Thread Starter
sheishollywood
LiveLaughLove
I wear daily contacts, but I just realized that I was on my last pair!! and I forgot to pick up my next month's order and will have to do that tomorrow.

Should I wear my daily contacts for one more day? How bad can it be? My nice glasses broke and I'm waiting for my new pair... But I do have extremely hideous pairs.

Just want to get some opinions before I take the plunge and wear my uglies! haha.
Jun 19, 2007, 9:02pm   #2
lv-lover's Avatar
lv-lover
Member
Just wear them for the extra day and make sure you clean and store them correctly for overnight. I'm sure your eyes aren't going to fall out or anything.

I do this all the time.
Jun 19, 2007, 11:48pm   #3
kallison's Avatar
kallison
wake up.you're alive
it's not good, but it won't hurt if you only do it occasionally.

do you have solution, since they're only dailies? if you do, take them out and at least clean them for a minute.
Jun 20, 2007, 4:58pm   #4
DanielleNY's Avatar
DanielleNY
Member
i honestly dont think it would hurt......im sure people do it all the time.........mine say 2 weeks, but i have kept them for almost a month
Jun 20, 2007, 10:02pm   #5
cupcake's Avatar
cupcake
♥ 5.29 ♥
Originally Posted by lv-lover
Just wear them for the extra day and make sure you clean and store them correctly for overnight. I'm sure your eyes aren't going to fall out or anything.

I do this all the time.
I agree. I wear daily disposables, as well. I've never had to do this but if you follow these directions you should be fine for a day. I wouldn't wear them longer than an extra day, though.

BTW, I am not sure what kind you wear, but Focus Dailies have an AWESOME rebate going until the end of the month - get an eye exam and buy a year supply of contacts and get a $200 rebate!

http://www.dailies.com/rebate/
This is for a $100 rebate but you can submit two forms.
Jun 20, 2007, 10:05pm   #6
cbetht's Avatar
cbetht
Member
Originally Posted by mokoni
I agree. I wear daily disposables, as well. I've never had to do this but if you follow these directions you should be fine for a day. I wouldn't wear them longer than an extra day, though.

BTW, I am not sure what kind you wear, but Focus Dailies have an AWESOME rebate going until the end of the month - get an eye exam and buy a year supply of contacts and get a $200 rebate!

http://www.dailies.com/rebate/
This is for a $100 rebate but you can submit two forms.
I did this last month! It's a great deal. I got a 6 month supply for $40. Usually $140!
Jun 20, 2007, 10:09pm   #7
missmustard's Avatar
missmustard
Prima Donna Assoluta
I don't think it should be too bad if you only do this for one more day. I wear contact lenses and though mine are monthly, sometimes I'll make them last for 2 months. Just make sure you clean them thoroughly!
Jun 20, 2007, 10:12pm   #8
Bags4Bubbles's Avatar
Bags4Bubbles
Bubbles luvs Bbags
Originally Posted by DanielleNY
i honestly dont think it would hurt......im sure people do it all the time.........mine say 2 weeks, but i have kept them for almost a month
I do this too....
Jun 21, 2007, 6:00pm   #9
lv-lover's Avatar
lv-lover
Member
haha, i didn't know other people did this too!!! i usually wear my two week contacts for a couple extra days...think of all the money we'll save!
Jun 22, 2007, 12:04am   #10
frannita's Avatar
frannita
Member
I wear dailies too... and have kept them on for more than a day as well. I still have a box of 90, and I got these last year. I know, I'm terrible

Thanks for the link to the rebate mokoni!!! I'll be getting an exam and changing my ways. LOL!
Jun 22, 2007, 3:25pm   #11
socalgrl86's Avatar
socalgrl86
Mommy Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by missmustard
I don't think it should be too bad if you only do this for one more day. I wear contact lenses and though mine are monthly, sometimes I'll make them last for 2 months. Just make sure you clean them thoroughly!
Me too. :-]]
Jun 22, 2007, 4:51pm   #12
MiuLouisChoo's Avatar
MiuLouisChoo
Member
Originally Posted by DanielleNY
i honestly dont think it would hurt......im sure people do it all the time.........mine say 2 weeks, but i have kept them for almost a month
Same here. And I used to wear dailies for extended periods without removing them. I know you're not supposed to but I never had trouble and my doc didn't faint when I told him...lol. I eventually had lasik cause I was an irresponsible contacts user...lol. Highly recommend it!
You should be fine.
Jun 22, 2007, 5:07pm   #13
Liz_x3's Avatar
Liz_x3
Member
Well it won't kill you. But it dehydrates your eyes after a period of time.

Have you ever heard those horror stories about people leaving their contacts in while sleeping and then in the morning when they pull their contacts off their cornea comes off along with it???!?!?!? My eye doctor freaked me out lol!!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools