Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Has anyone seen a nutritionist?

POST A REPLY

Jul 19, 2012, 9:49pm   #1
Chanel522
I have an appointment to see a nutritionist because I want to start doing yoga and pilates again along with walking daily just for overall health and well being and to try to regain some balance and decrease stress and anxiety. I feel like I don't eat great and want to get it sorted out before I start to add exercise to the mix. Has anyone ever been to a nutritionist and do you feel that it was worthwhile and beneficial?
Jul 20, 2012, 1:19pm   #2
ophousewife
Originally Posted by Chanel522
I have an appointment to see a nutritionist because I want to start doing yoga and pilates again along with walking daily just for overall health and well being and to try to regain some balance and decrease stress and anxiety. I feel like I don't eat great and want to get it sorted out before I start to add exercise to the mix. Has anyone ever been to a nutritionist and do you feel that it was worthwhile and beneficial?
I have been and its only as good as you make it. Do yourself a favor and start a food journal if you haven't already. It will get you off to a good start. And be honest about what you eat and how much. The goal is to get a better handle on your diet so be ready to get healthy. A nutritionist helps me with planning my diet because I have medical issues and need to be careful. Its worth it! Good luck!
Jul 22, 2012, 2:43pm   #3
e
eurasiangirl
Definitely beneficial. I have to avoid gluten, dairy, soy and corn so it's especially important for me but I feel like seeing a nutritionist is beneficial for everyone. Love my two nutritionists, I've learned a LOT from them (one is a holistic nutritionist, other a sports nutritionist) and it's really open my eyes to food and it's important role in total wellbeing. So many people eat things that are processed or genetically modified or "low fat" and full of sugar and wonder why they feel so bad. Over the past few years I've made a complete change in what and how I eat and learned so much about proper nutrition, exercise and physiology it's been sososososossososo beneficial. That being said, nutritionists are much like doctors or therapists or hairdressers - one size does not fit all. You need to find someone you're comfortable with and someone you'll look forward to seeing! :)

I've also picked up many books to learn more about nutrition and different views/philosophies on nutrition....lol I'm a dork. I just find it fascinating.
Sep 13, 2012, 3:22pm   #4
sedgewick
Sedgewick
I've seen a nutritionist numerous times but I'm afraid my problem was that I wasn't eating enough :) I would say that they will be very careful about giving rules and "good and bad" foods as people with EDs can latch onto any rule and take it to the extreme. Hope you find it useful :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >