Home > >

Does anyone own a Vitamix?

POST A REPLY

Feb 22, 2012, 4:43pm   #61
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
UPS just delivered my VitaMix!

I immediately used it to make my kids their usual after-school fruit smoothie (frozen strawberries, mango, & pineapple, nonfat milk & yogurt, and a banana) only I added a bunch of spinach. They loved it! At first my DS was a bit wary because it was green and not pink, but he had to admit that the spinach didn't change the taste at all.
Feb 22, 2012, 7:34pm   #62
cosmogrl5
Originally Posted by HermesNewbie

I immediately used it to make my kids their usual after-school fruit smoothie (frozen strawberries, mango, & pineapple, nonfat milk & yogurt, and a banana) only I added a bunch of spinach. They loved it! At first my DS was a bit wary because it was green and not pink, but he had to admit that the spinach didn't change the taste at all.
Congrats!!!! You will continue to love your VitaMix. They are seriously the best!
Feb 22, 2012, 9:06pm   #63
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by cosmogrl5
Congrats!!!! You will continue to love your VitaMix. They are seriously the best!
Thanks! I am so excited to use it again tomorrow morning!
Feb 22, 2012, 9:56pm   #64
Gabriela73
Got mine yesterday! Had previously been using a ninja... Vitamix is SO much better but harder to clean. How does everyone clean theirs? Also post some of your fav green smoothie recipes plzzz :)
Feb 22, 2012, 10:32pm   #65
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gabriela73
Got mine yesterday! Had previously been using a ninja... Vitamix is SO much better but harder to clean. How does everyone clean theirs? Also post some of your fav green smoothie recipes plzzz :)
Yay!! Congrats!

I just rinsed mine out after using it and everything seemed to come right out.

Yes, let's swap green smoothie recipes -- great idea, Gabriela!!
Feb 22, 2012, 11:19pm   #66
bnjj
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
I don't have a Vitamix - had one but returned it as I just could not justify the price tag. I just got into green smoothies and have been using my Magic Bullet, which works just fine.

Today I had 2 green smoothies, one for brekkie and one for lunch. I used spinach, frozen mixed tropical fruit, a small piece of banana, whey protein powder and water.
Feb 23, 2012, 12:30am   #67
v
vk82
Originally Posted by HermesNewbie

Congrats on your new Vitamix and a toast to your Health .
Feb 23, 2012, 12:39am   #68
v
vk82
Congrats on your new Vitamix ! i normally put water in mine and high speed blend it under 30 seconds and then rinse it under tap water to clean mines.

For green smoothies recipe usually i alternate my frutis and greens weekly so i don't have any particular favorite. It's all about mixing and matching what fruits and greens you like.
some like it sweet and others prefer it not so sweet.

Here's some basic green smoothie recipes from Victoria Boutenko's blog

http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes

Here's the Glowing Green Smoothie everyone is raving about . I think i will give it a try !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3MjDvzNdc
Feb 23, 2012, 1:25am   #69
BellaLuella
Wondering Wandering
Qvc has a showing sat maybe it will be a special value
Feb 23, 2012, 1:46am   #70
v
vk82
Another recipe if you like coconut then you can use the young coconut water to replaced the water for green smoothies. Since coconut water contains high mineral electrolytes and potassium which is good for athletes or anyone who works out. I usually buy it whenever they are in season or if i can get a hold of it where i lived /

http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2...reen-smoothie/
Feb 23, 2012, 5:54am   #71
Gabriela73
Originally Posted by vk82
Another recipe if you like coconut then you can use the young coconut water to replaced the water for green smoothies. Since coconut water contains high mineral electrolytes and potassium which is good for athletes or anyone who works out. I usually buy it whenever they are in season or if i can get a hold of it where i lived /

Oh that's a great idea... Maybe my post gym green smoothie....

Last night I didn't make it home in time for dinner so I made one ( handful of chard, handful of spinach, half a banana and a few frozen peach slice, and water n ice) but I still felt very full at bedtime.. Do u think that was a bad idea?
Feb 23, 2012, 8:41am   #72
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by bnjj
I don't have a Vitamix - had one but returned it as I just could not justify the price tag. I just got into green smoothies and have been using my Magic Bullet, which works just fine.

Today I had 2 green smoothies, one for brekkie and one for lunch. I used spinach, frozen mixed tropical fruit, a small piece of banana, whey protein powder and water.
Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely try this one out.

Congrats on your new Vitamix and a toast to your Health .
Thank you!

I saw that the other day. I can't wait to try it, although the thought of cracking open a coconut is a bit intimidating.

Oh that's a great idea... Maybe my post gym green smoothie....

Last night I didn't make it home in time for dinner so I made one ( handful of chard, handful of spinach, half a banana and a few frozen peach slice, and water n ice) but I still felt very full at bedtime.. Do u think that was a bad idea?
I don't think it was a bad idea at all. You had a healthy meal replacement shake that filled you up -- that's awesome! Around bedtime is when I start to get the munchies. Last week I ate a few Girl Scout cookies right before bedtime. The next time I get the bedtime munchies, I may whip up a small smoothie instead.
Feb 23, 2012, 8:43am   #73
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
This is the smoothie I made this morning:

2 cups spinach
1 apple
1 banana
1 cup water
a large handful full of ice
juice and pulp from one lime

It was very tasty, not too sweet at all.
Feb 23, 2012, 2:05pm   #74
DC-Cutie
I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, but I can't have milk. So instead I made a smoothie:

Frozen strawberries
Frozen banana
Almond milk
Teaspoon of raw wildflower honey
Coconut milk

So creamy and delicious!
Feb 23, 2012, 3:50pm   #75
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by DC-Cutie
I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, but I can't have milk. So instead I made a smoothie:

Frozen strawberries
Frozen banana
Almond milk
Teaspoon of raw wildflower honey
Coconut milk

So creamy and delicious!
This sound delicious! If you don't mind, I am going to post it in the Smoothie recipe thread I just started.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >