Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Does anyone own a Vitamix?

POST A REPLY

Feb 15, 2012, 12:04pm   #46
klj
Originally Posted by klj
Love~Love~Love mine!! It's the best blender I've ever used..hand down.
**Oops...I have a Vitamix..forgot to add**
Feb 15, 2012, 12:34pm   #47
V
Vegas Long Legs
Traveler
Love the machine.

The noise, ugh. Thinking about having a plastic container made like they use on QVC.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:01pm   #48
hermes_lemming
my little etoupe
Anyone regret purchasing a blender?
Feb 18, 2012, 8:31pm   #49
Lanier
Eeek - it's a mouse!
What model Vitamix does everyone have?
Feb 18, 2012, 10:12pm   #50
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by oogiewoogie
New article Vitamix vs. Blendtec:

http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2...-end-blenders/
I saw that article on her Web site. It was very interesting!
Feb 18, 2012, 10:17pm   #51
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tiare
It really shines blending seeds, especially tiny ones. When I was using a regular blender, I had to stop putting fresh or frozen berries into my smoothies because the seeds drove me nuts, (pun intended.) With the Vitatec, it really does create a perfectly smooth end product.
This is good to know -- thanks! I made smoothies for my kids in my old blender using frozen berries and they kept spitting the seeds out!

Originally Posted by Lanier
What model Vitamix does everyone have?
I recently ordered this one:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...lendingMachine
Feb 19, 2012, 6:08pm   #52
Lanier
Eeek - it's a mouse!
I went to Costco today and got the 5200 model. It came with the DVD, cookbook, and blending stick.

I just tried the Glowing Green Smoothie (thanks for posting the link!) and also added a scoop of EAS chocolate whey protein. It was surprisingly pretty tasty and I can't wait to incorporate this into my everyday diet. It will be much easier to consume the daily recommended servings of fruits and veggies.
Feb 19, 2012, 10:25pm   #53
n
nycbagaddict
Originally Posted by HermesNewbie
Awesome! I'd be very interested to hear how you like it!
my love my vitamix! Greatest investment ever. Even my event makeup artist who I haven't seen in months said I looked younger. Been doing the Kimberly Snyder green smoothies every morning.
Feb 20, 2012, 8:46am   #54
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by nycbagaddict
my love my vitamix! Greatest investment ever. Even my event makeup artist who I haven't seen in months said I looked younger. Been doing the Kimberly Snyder green smoothies every morning.
Awesome!! The Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie is the first one I'm going to make when I get my VitaMix!
Feb 20, 2012, 8:51am   #55
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
I went to Costco today and got the 5200 model. It came with the DVD, cookbook, and blending stick.

I just tried the Glowing Green Smoothie (thanks for posting the link!) and also added a scoop of EAS chocolate whey protein. It was surprisingly pretty tasty and I can't wait to incorporate this into my everyday diet. It will be much easier to consume the daily recommended servings of fruits and veggies.
Yay!! I've been researching whey protein powders. Is EAS the brand name of the one you're using?
Feb 20, 2012, 3:22pm   #56
Lanier
Eeek - it's a mouse!

Yay!! I've been researching whey protein powders. Is EAS the brand name of the one you're using?
It is! I've been using it for a few years now and love it. It has 23g of protein per scoop but low fat, calories, carbs, sodium etc. and the taste is pretty good!

Definitely post when your Vitamix arrives! I made the KS smoothie again today, but substituted strawberries instead of the apple.
Feb 20, 2012, 5:10pm   #57
g
gators

How much was it at Costco? I might have to make a trip this week to check it out. Reading all these posts has convinced me i need one now
Feb 22, 2012, 8:52am   #58
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
QVC has a 90 oz. Blendtec blender for around $330 w/ free shipping today! Includes spatula, recipe book, and DVD. I wish I had seen this before ordering the Vitamix!
Feb 22, 2012, 9:05am   #59
DC-Cutie
QVC has a 90 oz. Blendtec blender for around $330 w/ free shipping today! Includes spatula, recipe book, and DVD. I wish I had seen this before ordering the Vitamix!
Do you not like the Vitamix?
Feb 22, 2012, 9:24am   #60
HermesNewbie
Shopping Enthusiast
Originally Posted by DC-Cutie
Do you not like the Vitamix?
Hi, DC-Cutie! I haven't received it yet - it's supposed to be arriving today - but I'm sure it's going to be wonderful. I was just a little miffed that I could have saved $100 if I had waited and ordered the Blendtec.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >