Home Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness

Does anyone else's period stop then start?

POST A REPLY

Sep 5, 2008, 4:41pm   #1
Lately, my period has been coming really heavily for about two days then stopping for a day or two and starting again. This time it completely stopped, started a little, stopped again and started again. Is this normal?
Sep 5, 2008, 4:52pm   #2
I actually had the same thing happen to me. I went to the gyno and had to switch my birth control pill.
Sep 5, 2008, 6:30pm   #3
Purse crazed
Originally Posted by Allisonfaye
Lately, my period has been coming really heavily for about two days then stopping for a day or two and starting again. This time it completely stopped, started a little, stopped again and started again. Is this normal?
That used to happen to me all the time and it used to suck! I'd bleed heavy for 2 days and then when it seemed like it was over, I'd start again a day later. It used to restart at the most inopportune time, like when I was in class without a pad on. I did mention this to my doctor at the time and he didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm now on bcp for irregular bleeding in between my periods that started about 4 years ago.
Sep 6, 2008, 6:27pm   #4
Well, I had my tubes tied after my last baby (who is 3) and I will never take another bc pill as long as I live. Oh, the joy of no bc!! lol
I guess I do need to see a doctor anyway.
Sep 6, 2008, 9:03pm   #5
fashionista
Yes this happens to me practically every time for one day.
Quite annoying but I just think it is because of a light flow.
Sep 7, 2008, 12:11am   #6
c
1 <3 Lyndee!
Mine has done that for years. I'm not taking hormonal BC.
Sep 7, 2008, 6:40pm   #7
^ Me too. Two days of heavy flow followed by a day of almost nothing, then a resurgence on the fourth day(with cramps too!).
Sep 7, 2008, 7:03pm   #8
sassy mama!
yes its normal. I dont know why this happens.
Sep 7, 2008, 9:45pm   #9
like two plums
I think it's rash to say that this is normal - OP, you're the best judge of what is normal for you... If this is a recent and unusual occurence, you should probably go see your doctor or gyno just to make sure. What is normal for one person is a symptom that something is wrong in another person, KWIM?

At least a doctor can put your mind at ease, or prescribe treatment if required.
Sep 7, 2008, 10:24pm   #10
wa wa wee wa
It used to, before I got on the pill.
Sep 9, 2008, 3:30pm   #11
I made an appointment with a new doctor. I need to go anyway. My OB changed practices a couple of years ago and she is no longer on my insurance so I have been dragging my feet going to find a new one.
Sep 9, 2008, 5:45pm   #12
Science Geek!
Mine has started doing that. I think tis fine if you have no pain or other symptoms. It is a fluctuating hormone I believe. But if it helps put your mind at rest you could as the doctor.
Feb 14, 2012, 7:17am   #13
b
It very well could be endometriosis. The delay is because it takes longer for the fluid from the extra cells to find their way out. I never experienced this phenomenon until after I stopped BC. I was only put on BC because an ultrasound showed small cysts on my ovary.
Feb 15, 2012, 8:30pm   #14
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
I went off the pill a year or so ago after being on it for over 2 decades and this is exactly how my periods are now. My period is very heavy for 2 days and then stops for two days and then comes back for usually 1 more day and cramps come back that day too.
Feb 15, 2012, 11:00pm   #15
Stress makes me do that...
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness