Home Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness

Do you eat as well as you should?

POST A REPLY

Apr 2, 2006, 10:59pm   #46
K
Originally Posted by fopduck
During the week, I eat fairly well. plain oatmeal for breakfast, low carb lunches and generally a salad for dinner. Unfortunately, come around 5pm on Friday, I lose all self control and it all goes downhill - cocktails, steaks, fried food, 3AM Jack in Box monster tacos.. you get the idea :sad2: .
Weekend is hard for me to stay good because I'm at home and just lounging around. I used to go hike every weekend but not anymore :unsure:
Apr 2, 2006, 11:05pm   #47
Originally Posted by BagLovingMom
Hmmm I have a toddler, he's pretty much a vegetarian though, it's so funny. I've never heard of this Juice Plus, sounds interestingon to google!
Check it out, I have been very impressed with it. It was exactly what I had been looking for for my kiddos. I kept saying to my husband, "Wouldn't it be great if they could put all the super veggies in a capsule, a la Star Trek." My daughter just turned 3, so she has the gummies. She takes 3 fruits in the morning and 3 veggies at night and she seems to really like it. It is fairly popular here in CO.
Apr 2, 2006, 11:27pm   #48
Handbag Connoisseur
Definitely not! I'm going to start eating healthy and exercise more soon. Seriously this time.
Apr 2, 2006, 11:31pm   #49
holy grail = CHANEL
umm, during the week, i think im ok.... eat 1 meat and 3 veg for dinner... but at work, im really bad - i'm always going to the snack box to get chips etc... its really cheap! i try and not bring change to work! i dont want to end up looking like a potato chip! during the weekend im ok - when i go out with friends etc... i always try and pick the healthly option. :-)
Apr 3, 2006, 12:18am   #50
I'm pretty bad. I usually have only one meal a day. I can't eat until later in the day, usually around 2-3, so that's when the eating starts, I have my meal then and wait a few hours and then snack before bed. I usually go to sleep with a full stomach. gross. I'm beginning to feel motivation to start the change. haha
Apr 3, 2006, 3:16am   #51
a
Ladybug Lucy
Originally Posted by Cristina
I eat well during the week. I always bring my lunch to work, eat oatmeal every morning, and buy lots of fruits, vegetables and healthy food at the grocery store.

The weekends, however, are a different story As I type this I am eating Chinese takeout - an egg roll, shrimp fried rice and those fried noodle things, and drinking wine. So good Friday night and Saturday are usually my damage-doing nights, Sunday I'm back on track.
This is basically what I've been doing for the past three weeks and have lost seven pounds as of today! I wasn't even really trying either! If you're only "bad" one or two days a week you can't possibly gain all the weight you have lost during the week (unless it's water weight) Now the take out food tempations are gone, I cook all meals during the week, I feel better because I have more energy and I feel like I'm being a better wife too. Works for me!
Apr 3, 2006, 9:41am   #52
B
As long as I exercise..I can eat whatever I want...But I do love a good salad!!..and once in a while,a good DONUT!!HEE!HEE!
Apr 3, 2006, 9:53am   #53
Quirky and Cool
I have been making a huge effort to live a balanced,healthy lifestyle with plenty of exercise and a good balanced diet.

As far as exercise goes,I go to the gym 3 times a week.

I usually eat healthily....

But.... ....

I've just been out to the supermarket and I not only bought a large tube of Pringles,but I also finished it....

We never have crisps in the house since I'm a total addict...it must have been about 4 months since I last had them...and now...this ...

Double gym for me tomorrow!!!
Apr 23, 2006, 7:35pm   #54
I need more cowbell, baby
I'm doing pretty well. I do not consume anything w/ simple sugars. I eat whole wheat pasta, LOTS of fruits/veggies and TONS of H2O. I worked out 6 dys/wk and cardio 5 dys/wk. No cream sauces or fatty cheeses for me. Also, absolutely no candy/choco of course but there are some great tasting sugar-free protein bars that are TDF at my local Henry's (like Trader Joe's). That's how I get my choco fix along w/ protein shakes and supplements. I take vit's every day which are a huge boost!

I figure w/ all this self-discipline, I'll be able to watch my great-grandchildren grow up and maybe even teach them how to snowboard like I'll do w/ my own kids!!!
Apr 24, 2006, 12:17am   #55
Happy living
I am very anal and I never buy junk food. The only time I may eat unhealthy is going out to eat, because you never know what is in the food. Usually I have natural, whole foods, such as wheat bread, veggies and fruits, and lots of lean protein. But I mean... now and then I splurge on a juicy steak or chili cheese fries. I still have to lose weight tho. My major weakness is chocolate, but I love dark chocolate, which is full of antioxidants! Whee!
Apr 24, 2006, 2:21am   #56
b
The Garden of Secret
I started my exercise again and had two servings of fruits today, so just keep doing more and I think, I will be changing for the better.. good luck to me for tomorrow...
Apr 24, 2006, 2:24am   #57
Mitzi ♥ Indigo
I am a pretty healthy eater, I just eat too much of it >_<;;
As long as cheese and sweets stay away from me. They're evil!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness