POST A REPLY

Mar 6, 2008, 6:28pm   #1
I'm not sure if I should have but this here or in shoes but i guess it's about the body so here is more appropriate.

So do feet shrink?

A number of years ago I took a size 40 in shoes this was when I was younger when I started getting designer shoes (gucci, dior etc) I took a size 39.

I had a pair of gucci's that were super comfortable I worn them so much they got a hole so I replaced them, but I had to get a size 38 they are the same shoes

My last pair of shoes were LV and again 39 was too big I had to go 38.5.

Yesterday I tried another pair of shoes on and again 39 were too big (but 38 too small )

so what gives do feet shrink and why? anyone else going through this.

extra info I am not or have not been pregnant I know this effects feet
Mar 6, 2008, 6:35pm   #2
bad spellers untie!
My feet shrank. In highschool i wore a US size 8, i still have a few old pairs in the basement that i dont wear anymore. However now Im a 6.5 to a 7!! I have No idea what happened, everyone thinks Im nuts, but yes, my feet have shrunk!
Mar 6, 2008, 6:39pm   #3
m
My feet actually got smaller when I was pregnant.
Mar 6, 2008, 6:56pm   #4
Oh no she di-int!!
Have you had any changes in your weight up or down?

I've heard of feet getting bigger/wider as we get older (I'm experiencing this myself as I'm up about 1/2 a size), but not so much with shrinking.

As long as you don't have any discomfort with your feet and get shoes that fit properly it's probably nothing to worry about.
Mar 6, 2008, 7:25pm   #5
I was just talking to my friend about this while we were shoe shopping the other day, both her and I have noticed our shoe size shrink. Mine went from and US size 11 womens to a 10 womens. Hers went from a 9 1/2 womens to a 8 1/2 or 9 womens. I've lost about 46 pounds and she's gained about 20 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Needless to say I was very happy mine shrank, made it MUCH easier to find pretty shoes! =)
Mar 6, 2008, 7:37pm   #6
Originally Posted by Pursegrrl
Have you had any changes in your weight up or down?

I've heard of feet getting bigger/wider as we get older (I'm experiencing this myself as I'm up about 1/2 a size), but not so much with shrinking.

As long as you don't have any discomfort with your feet and get shoes that fit properly it's probably nothing to worry about.
I have lost some weight but the smaller feet thing happened before the weight loss
I'm not worried I just thought it was weird I'm happy to hear other's are in the same boat, the only disappointing thing is that the last shoes that I tried on don't have half sizes and they were so hot
Mar 6, 2008, 7:38pm   #7
Oh no she di-int!!
^^ oh man, I hate that when they don't have half sizes!!
Mar 6, 2008, 7:48pm   #8
ALL THE BAGS!
Actually it's probably just the inconsistent sizing of designers everywhere!

Old ladied with osteoporosis sometimes shrink.
Mar 6, 2008, 7:49pm   #9
When I wear a lot of flipflops or ballet flats (with no support), I notice my feet look/feel like they got a bit bigger.

Then when I'm always constricted in heels, my other heels fit better when they hurt before.
Mar 6, 2008, 8:41pm   #10
b
I went from a 7 1/2 to an 8 after my first pregnancy, and then after the second, back to a 7 1/2! Weird!
Mar 6, 2008, 8:58pm   #11
I just practiced dance for the first time in 2 years the other night and my shoes were loose and big on my feet. I couldn't believe the shoes that were like a glove were somehow now really loose one me? I thought I was crazy but appearantly I'm not the only one!
Mar 7, 2008, 1:04am   #12
Scrappy bioch
I think it has lot to do with your weight more than pregnancy. You get pregnant and then you get super fat LMAO!!!. Before I got pregnant I was size 5.5-6 and after I had my baby I was up to 6.5-7. Now I am down to 6.
It also depends on the shoe I wear. I would wear 5.5 on sneakers and size 6.5 or 7 stilletos.
Mar 7, 2008, 7:43am   #13
Originally Posted by purly
Actually it's probably just the inconsistent sizing of designers everywhere!

Old ladied with osteoporosis sometimes shrink.
I can understand that between brands but they are the same brands and one pair is even the same shoes
Mar 7, 2008, 7:53am   #14
Quite contrary
I hope they don't, I really struggle with shoes that fit, i'm anything from a 34 .5 to a 36 depending on the make/fit of shoes. If they get any smaller i'll have to wear Childrens shoes... Hopefully it is just inconsistency with sizing.
Mar 7, 2008, 8:23am   #15
Originally Posted by Label Addict
I can understand that between brands but they are the same brands and one pair is even the same shoes
I've bought the exact same shoe before and had it fit like it was a half size smaller. Unless you have lost weight or are dealing with fluid retention I still think that it is the shoe variations. Maybe shoe designers are starting vanity sizing in shoes.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Body - Mind - Wellness Health and Fitness