Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Dental tooth bonding?

POST A REPLY

Jul 8, 2012, 7:19pm   #1
LaurenStephanie
Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with dental bonding?
Has any thing positive/negative to say about this procedure?
Pros & cons? Aftercare? etc.

I am considering having my top front 4 teeth done, lengthened, shaped and made slightly whiter.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Jul 19, 2012, 10:13am   #2
d
dina2010
The bonding that I had done only lasted about 2 years. I had it done for free by a very nice dentist. (an older gentleman in his 80s)....I drank through a straw between my lips and 2 front teeth growing up, and wanted them filled in so to prevent cavities. I like it....but it doesn't last very long.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:30pm   #3
lorihmatthews
A taste for the arts
I had bonding done on one tooth that I chipped when I fell. It was 4 years ago and it still looks great. I don't have anything negative to say about it. It sure beat having a crown and/or root canal. However, for doing entire teeth, I'm guessing you'll need some sort of local anesthesia, which I did not.

The only other thing I would add is that I think if you just get 4 teeth done it might look a bit "unfinished" especially if the rest of your teeth look significantly different naturally.
Jul 20, 2012, 3:32am   #4
gina2328
From what I have researched it is better to have porcelain veneers, even though veneers cost a lot more, that is why they are better, and last much longer ~ 20 years.

I have never tried bonding. I am thinking about the veneers, since I have a problem with a front tooth that keeps chipping.
Jul 20, 2012, 7:50pm   #5
Cornflower Blue
I've had a bonded tooth on the side of a veneer that went wrong, ie. chipped (about 20 years ago). It's still going strong although it's slightly more yellow and I can see a brownish line developing where it began. More cosmetic dental work beckons, and it ain't going to be cheap...
Jul 23, 2012, 12:12pm   #6
b
baglover34
Originally Posted by LaurenStephanie
Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with dental bonding?
Has any thing positive/negative to say about this procedure?
Pros & cons? Aftercare? etc.

I am considering having my top front 4 teeth done, lengthened, shaped and made slightly whiter.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Hi... pros and cons on veneer/laminates and crowns differ, it depends on the condition of the tooth per se.. what was the problem with your front teeth and why do you consider such procedure?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >