POST A REPLY

May 7, 2007, 7:01pm   #1
Think2Day
Louboutin LVoe!
I have keratosis pilaris on my arms and a little on my upper legs. It is so ugly and annoying, I really want to find a way to get rid of these bumps. PLEASE HELP if you know how to get rid of them. I need an inexpensive way that works FAST. I am getting married soon, and I really do not want these ugly arms showing on my big day!! THANK YOU
May 7, 2007, 7:50pm   #2
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
I looked it up. Try any of these:

http://www.helpforkp.com/keratosis_p...ent_index.html
May 7, 2007, 7:58pm   #3
Think2Day
Louboutin LVoe!
thanks so much caitlin1214! :)
May 7, 2007, 8:15pm   #4
Swanky Mama Of Three
I've had it on the backs of my arms, they are hard to get rid of.
Here's the remedy that's really helped me:
-exfoliate EVERYTIME you shower
-when you get out of the shower use a lactic acid lotion, actually everyday if you can. One is called Lac Hydrin {but there's others}, ask your Pharmacist, it's not prescription but often they keep it in the Pharmacy
-use a moisturizing hydrocortisone in between, like use the lactic acid lotion in teh morning and the hydrocort at night.
I also use self tanner and it helps blend the redness.

I swear by this, and if you do it religiously for several weeks you'll see a HUGE improvement, then the upkeep is really easy.
May 7, 2007, 9:06pm   #5
gingerfarm
I"m trying the Dermadoctor KP duty for the past 3 days...I think it made it worse! They gave me these white heads on my arms! I think it's actually TOO rich for me.

I'll need to try Swanky's suggestions.

I've also read that virgin coconut oil works for the bumps...that stuff that you get at whole foods. I think you are supposed to slather it on in the shower and then wash it off. I'm going to give that a try if nothing else works.

Another problem is the scars that are left behind from me poking at it...anyone have suggestions for that?

Think2Day, I'm with ya...gotta get rid of it for my wedding too. Congrats on your marriage!
May 7, 2007, 9:44pm   #6
maedchen
I had bumps on my arms too, and I'd recommend you to exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate! Seriously though, that's all I've been doing for the last 6 months, and it's helped a lot. Good luck, and congrats on your engagement!
May 7, 2007, 9:47pm   #7
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
This is very interesting I got a red bump on my leg after a sun holiday, the doctor told me it was keratosis. I thought this was sun damage & that it was dangerous. I always sunblock it now. Are keratosis harmless then?
May 7, 2007, 9:49pm   #8
Swanky Mama Of Three
maybe there's different kinds?

Did you Google it?
May 7, 2007, 9:53pm   #9
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
OMG yes I have just googled it & now I am scared:

Actinic keratosis (also called solar keratosis, senile keratosis, or AK) is a premalignant condition of thick, scaly, or crusty patches of skin. It is most common in fair-skinned people who are frequently exposed to the sun, because their pigment isn't very protective. It usually is accompanied by solar damage. Since some of these pre-cancers progress to squamous cell carcinoma, they should be treated.
When skin is exposed to the sun constantly, thick, scaly, or crusty bumps appear. The scaly or crusty part of the bump is dry and rough. The growths start out as flat scaly areas, and later grow into a tough, wart-like area.
An actinic keratosis site commonly ranges in between 2 to 6 millimeters, and can be dark or light, tan, pink, red, a combination of all these, or the same pigment of one's skin. It may appear on any sun-exposed area, such as the face, ears, neck, scalp, chest, back of hands, forearms
May 7, 2007, 9:58pm   #10
Swanky Mama Of Three
that's very different than teh type we're discussing, I would NOT exfoliate your spot.
Did they not feel a need to test it?
May 7, 2007, 10:05pm   #11
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
^^^^^
Sorry if I misinterpreted what was being discussed here, I just saw keratosis & was happy to jump to the conclusion that what I had was harmless after reading the link. I now realise there are different sorts.
However, I have calmed a bit since last post & am now rationalising:
My doctor is a personal friend & is meticulous, if she had thought that what I had was dangerous she would have acted. However, I will check it out again & have it treated if neccessary. It doesn't have any of the charachteristics in that reference like it's not crusty or scaly just a red bump.
May 7, 2007, 10:06pm   #12
Megs
I love bags
I think we are talking about 2 different things... the latter needs to be checked/monitored by a Dr, the first- is something that many people in my family have. I would suggest asking your Dermatologist for a good remedy
May 7, 2007, 10:06pm   #13
Megs
I love bags
Originally Posted by BagAngel
^^^^^
Sorry if I misinterpreted what was being discussed here, I just saw keratosis & was happy to jump to the conclusion that what I had was harmless after reading the link. I now realise there are different sorts.
However, I have calmed a bit since last post & am now rationalising:
My doctor is a personal friend & is meticulous, if she had thought that what I had was dangerous she would have acted. However, I will check it out again & have it treated if neccessary. It doesn't have any of the charachteristics in that reference like it's not crusty or scaly just a red bump.
No worries, and that sounds like the right plan!
May 7, 2007, 10:15pm   #14
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
Originally Posted by Megs
No worries, and that sounds like the right plan!
Yes will have doc check again Megs but no changes in a few years now so sure it is ok but think I will act & have it burned off or whatever they do as a precaution.
Such a pity that all pleasurable things in life like sunbathing & handbags come with a price tag
May 7, 2007, 10:15pm   #15
Swanky Mama Of Three
no, no, please don't apologize! I wasn't being snarky, I promise!

I was going to comment that surely the Doc saw it and decided it was nothing to worry about at this point
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >