POST A REPLY

Jun 21, 2012, 2:49am   #2731
Originally Posted by hassafras
You have the Gemma too? Cool! I was under the impression it wasn't a popular style, but I love it. The brassy finish on rings that make up the strap has worn off on mine, has yours done that? Mine is very well-loved though. It's a great plane bag Bc its height holds magazines and books well.
It IS a great size. The finish hasn't worn off mine. I need to wear it more. It's in an upstairs closet and I don't see it when I'm choosing bags to wear.

I have been wearing my turnlocks hobo in black vintage patent with the strap removed and have been using the strap from my black turnlocks satchel. So it's like a cross body but with more space than the satchel. I have been using this bag for about a week non-stop. It is sooo perfect. Also have been using the ink/black laura non-stop. It carries lunch, water bottles, files etc...
Jun 24, 2012, 3:23pm   #2732
holy crap. i had a rare hh sighting. black ibiza on a lady with gorgeous long hair in a pony wearing a tee and denim. near the betsey johnson store on 60th/2nd ave.

i had my brown cargo cult mini satchel, worn crossbody. (i have the black CC satchel too. love it.)
Jun 24, 2012, 7:19pm   #2733
Sacc- wow. That's awesome. With the way the HH world is going those sightings might be come even rarer.
Jun 24, 2012, 7:57pm   #2734
h
Originally Posted by sallyca
Sacc- wow. That's awesome. With the way the HH world is going those sightings might be come even rarer.
I wish I would see people using HH bags in real life. They are fun to spot since it seemed back in the day it was more of an 'insider' type brand. Yeah they had magazine spots and were seen on some celebrities, but they never screamed, "hey look at me, I'm an obviously branded expensive bag!" I saw a Mercer being sold on eBay from a seller that lived in a smaller town about 40 minutes away and I was shocked! I live in the Midwest, and Coach and MK are the most popular brands I see, besides no-name purses that don't look like that great of quality.

You should pull out your Gemma soon, Sally! I get lots of compliments on it. I like the chain strap because it doesn't look derivative of a more expensive design done by Chanel or Dior. And the strap adjusts! I love that feature.
Jun 24, 2012, 8:31pm   #2735
Nice Sacc! I thought you'd see a lot more of them that close to the old HQ. I see them decently often around SF.
Jun 24, 2012, 9:33pm   #2736
s
Originally Posted by mothbeast
Nice Sacc! I thought you'd see a lot more of them that close to the old HQ. I see them decently often around SF.
I see loads of HH around me, but I live 1 neighborhood south of the old HQ and its pretty hip here to boot.
Jun 24, 2012, 9:57pm   #2737
I have never seen anyone wearing HH around here, except my mom.
Jun 25, 2012, 6:09pm   #2738
i've only had maybe 10 HH sightings ever. a few months ago, i saw an HHxDisney bag.... the whiskey colored satchel. wasn't aging well, though. :(

our old nabe in brooklyn was hipster heaven and i saw a few there. in my new nabe, not so much. i see a lot of old classics... chanel, LV, prada, fendi and some gorgeous nancy gonzales-type exotics.
Jun 26, 2012, 12:16am   #2739
Hassafras - I will get gemma out soon!!!
Jun 26, 2012, 6:55am   #2740
s
I took miss ginger Havana out for a spin today - she's perfect for summer!

Name:  ForumRunner_20120626_075540.png
Views: 121
Size:  359.7 KB
Jun 26, 2012, 8:49am   #2741
HHHottiecuffpower!
Pretty, Skittl! I must have missed your updates--how was Ukraine and the football?!
Jun 26, 2012, 9:54am   #2742
s
Originally Posted by jennirane
Pretty, Skittl! I must have missed your updates--how was Ukraine and the football?!
So, so much fun. Ill post my pics on the chat thread when I get home from work.

If anyone is ever in Kiev, a Chernobyl tour is a must.
Jun 26, 2012, 8:44pm   #2743
(Jennifer)
I need to spray and use my Ginger Havana. It's never left the dust bag.
Jun 26, 2012, 11:37pm   #2744
coffee junkie
Ginger is an amazing color!
Jun 27, 2012, 11:20am   #2745
semi-banned
get that thing out, mt!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers More Contemporary Designers Hayden-Harnett