Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Feb 27, 2012, 10:33am   #1
kings_20
Hello fellow HHH!! I haven't bought a new HH in FOREVER!! I was browsing on their website recently and noticed the Turnlock Hobo in merlot. The stock pics make the bag look metallicy and cheap, but after watching the video - the merlot is actually a deep, wine colour (which is what I was hoping for). I chatted with CS and they confirmed it was indeed a deep, rich, wine colour.

I have a code so I got the bag for $126.00 shipped. I received the bag last week and overall the bag is great. The colour is rich, the vintage patent leather is nice - and the bag is very lightweight. The light gold hardware looks great against the bag as well.

My only beef? It didn't come with a dustbag. I emailed HH about it and they said that only some Hayden for Hayden Harnett bags come with dust bags. WTH? I know it's not a huge deal but you would think that a dustbag should be standard.

Anyhoo, here's a quick pic. The colour is a lot more deeper irl.

Feb 27, 2012, 11:39am   #2
chodessa
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Nice to see you, kings!
Hope you enjoy the bag, I agree, no dustbag stinks.
Feb 27, 2012, 12:21pm   #3
mothbeast
That's nice kings - how smooshy is it? I'm very tempted by something in the patents.
Feb 27, 2012, 12:28pm   #4
kings_20
Cho - How are you??????

mothbeast - The patent leather is nice and pliable. It still has some structure now, but I think that with use it will break in slightly. The leather seems quite durable.
Feb 28, 2012, 10:17am   #5
jenbur
Your pic of the merlot is so much prettier than the stock pics! Glad you're liking it - I'm with you though. I wasn't thrilled when my terrific turnlocks tote came without a dust bag either.
Feb 28, 2012, 2:33pm   #6
kings_20
^^

The stock pics make the merlot colour look metallic, which it isn't at all. It is a deep, delicious red wine colour. Very nice and to me it seems more like a glazed leather than patent. I am loving the bag so far. Very comfy and lightweight. The back pocket is great as well.
Jun 29, 2012, 7:27am   #7
confusionmonkey
be nice to the N00B
I have this bag as well. I had been carrying for a couple of months since I got it and recently switched out bags but couldn't find the dust bag. thank you for reminding me it didn't come with one!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >