Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Jan 26, 2012, 2:26pm   #16
m
mosesposes
Just pulled the trigger on Vermillion and Peacock. Couldn't decide between Peacock and Turks. In the end decided that since Vermillion is pretty bright, to go with the more muted Peacock. Also got the matching Peacock keyfob. I can't wait until these are made and hope they add even more colors!!

And am I remembering incorrectly or is $98 a cheaper retail than before? I seem to recall it being $110 or such. That was a nice surprise.
Jan 26, 2012, 5:58pm   #17
mibelleson
No new bag for mama
did i remember correctly that when the peacock leather is gone it's gone? i seriously think i need a vacay... my mind's going too. argh...
Jan 26, 2012, 6:03pm   #18
rubycat
Candy apple red, and turks are coming to my house
Jan 26, 2012, 6:06pm   #19
NamkhaDrolma
Off to the tower...
Originally Posted by mibelleson
did i remember correctly that when the peacock leather is gone it's gone? i seriously think i need a vacay... my mind's going too. argh...
Mib, if my memory serves, after the first batch of Peacock items was made, Toni said she hoped they could get ahold of more. Seems that they did since there are now more items in that colour.
Jan 26, 2012, 6:11pm   #20
mothbeast
Eek now I have to decide between this and a pomp. I made the DH bookmark the pomp for V day present but a pilot might be more practical?

Does anyone have pics of the inside of an old one?
Jan 26, 2012, 6:26pm   #21
fabae
Originally Posted by ginamae
ackkk! just preordered 3 pilots!! peacock, turks and black

I did notice that when I put the peacock pilot in my cart the quantity had 6 as available...now that I place my order the quantity available is 5....seems that there is only a limited number of these for preorder so if you want one...better make an order!
Oh nooooo! Now I have to go back and look. I was going to try to wait until next month, but I don't want to miss out. ETA: ACK!! Wild rose is there!!!!

Though it wouldn't KILL me to hold out in hopes of a wild rose or minty pilot.

Quick question that maybe someone can answer. In someone's pics of a Turks something - pomp? (I'm being REALLY lazy about going to look it up, sorry. Nikki, maybe?) Turks appeared to be quite aqua blue. On the HH site, though, Turks looks very cobalt. Any input? That's quite a difference.
Jan 26, 2012, 7:04pm   #22
kate83675
The Turks on the Pomp is more turquoise than cobalt to my eye
Jan 26, 2012, 7:40pm   #23
skydive nikki
Yeah, I posted pics of my turks pomp in a pomp thread. I asked about the difference and was told it was photo shopped so its not accurate.
Jan 26, 2012, 8:22pm   #24
Jordanopolis
Luciana
Originally Posted by mothbeast
eek now i have to decide between this and a pomp. I made the dh bookmark the pomp for v day present but a pilot might be more practical?

Does anyone have pics of the inside of an old one?
Name:  DSC02636.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  388.2 KB

Name:  DSC06536.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  270.4 KB
Jan 26, 2012, 8:24pm   #25
mothbeast
Thank you Luc! Now I have to make some decisions.
Jan 26, 2012, 8:26pm   #26
Clutched
The HHHOt Sub!
Mint is up! Do y'all think it would get dirty too easily? I can't decide on the dang color! I was going to get Turks, but I think I love the 'cobalt' of the online photo more than the IRL color. So I think I have narrowed it down to Luggage VP or mint. But I might rather have a Pomp in the luggage. Grrrr!
Jan 26, 2012, 8:43pm   #27
Clutched
The HHHOt Sub!
Luggage VP is mine!
Jan 26, 2012, 8:49pm   #28
b
bbb123
I thought I wanted one...but I'm LOVING my pomp...I don't know. The size of the pomp is perfect. I guess I can wait on it a bit or maybe just save the $$ for a bag instead :-)
Jan 26, 2012, 9:09pm   #29
fabae
Originally Posted by skydive nikki
Yeah, I posted pics of my turks pomp in a pomp thread. I asked about the difference and was told it was photo shopped so its not accurate.

That's what I suspected. And I assume the Turks leather for the Pomps and Pilots is the same. I wish they wouldn't photoshop, but instead wait for the real thing. I know it's not always possible, but still. (I'm grumpy. Too much sass from students today. I think it must have been International Sass Day.)

Anyway, so I think I'm going to have to go with a mint pilot and wild rose keyfob. I wish I could pull off that mint Nackie, but I think that's too much mint for me. Pilot it is! And since I've already paid off my Nackie (patting myself on the back ), then I can swing it!
Jan 26, 2012, 9:21pm   #30
annam
Banned? hahahahah!
I need to know if it will be contrasting or matching zipper. It's the main reason I didn't get a pomp. What colour????? Maize, mint, wild rose or lime????
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >