Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Apr 16, 2012, 6:36pm   #1
fleurdelis816
Hey everyone! Luciana and I have decided to host a mini RAOK for you all before we get into the next big RAOK. We have had to work with the dates to find something that will work well with our school schedules (sorry!) so we hope this works for all of you. We are thinking of going with a nailpolish theme again but we can always tweak the subject as we get closer to the name drawing date. So feel free to throw your ideas at us here! Find the dates below! And if you have any questions - ask away here or PM us if you don't get a timely response (just be patient because we may be buried in books, or in Luc's case, on a really awesome police chase )

Please sign up here by May 6th 2012 to be included in the name drawing!!

xo
Rach

DATES FOR MINI RAOK:

05/07 - Draw names
05/31 - International shipping deadline
06/06 - Same country shipping deadline
06/15 - 06/17 - Reveals

Guidelines:

1. You must have a minimum 1000 posts.

2. Must be a regular contributor to the HH forum - i.e., only sign up if you are a regular HH poster, please.

3. Must know how to post a photo yourself - review Vlad's "How To Post Pics" and make sure your camera works. This is so everyone is familiar with posting pics because we'll be posting pics of our pressies!

4. Price limit for the gift is $20-$25. $20 is NOT a minimum, but you should use your judgment for what the minimum should be - this does NOT include the shipping cost. Please try to stick to the $20-$25 limit.

5. Gifts MUST be sent out by the pre-set shipping dates so we're sure everybody gets their present for the big unveiling.

6. You must get a delivery confirmation, insurance, or other sort of tracking # and PM it to me or Jordanopolis (aka Luc) once you've shipped. It is very important that you PM the tracking number to me. I need to make sure everyone gets their package. Please keep me in the loop if you're going to miss the shipping deadline. I'm very flexible, but I need to make sure that all the packages arrive on time. Almost everyone is pretty good about this, but I wanted to emphasize it because it is really important.

7. Upon receipt of gift, photos must be posted within the RAOK reveal weekend dates. Please contact me if this doesn't work for you and we can arrange another reveal date. This is so we know everybody is participating. It's not fair to your buddy if you do not post, so please make sure to include pics and a description when your gift comes.
Last edited Apr 16, 2012 at 6:43pm.
Apr 16, 2012, 9:16pm   #2
mishka
YAY 2012! RAAWR!
Thank you Fleur and Luc! You both ROAK for taking this on with your busy schedules! I'm going to wait and see how it goes with signups and what the mini theme is. I probably would sit out a nail polish theme, but I don't mind sitting out! I will keep watching to see how this shapes up!
Apr 16, 2012, 10:09pm   #3
PiggyinManolos
Bag Wh0re
ooo I wanna play...maybe not nail polish though...maybe a color theme?
Apr 16, 2012, 10:31pm   #4
Jordanopolis
Luciana
It sounds like the nail polish theme is not so popular. I really liked the accessory theme we had before. I like the color theme idea PIM! Any other suggestions? Maybe a regional theme? A handmade theme (it doesn't have to be something you made with your hands...)
Apr 16, 2012, 11:15pm   #5
fleurdelis816
Keep the ideas coming! Luc and I are definitely not tied down to do nailpolish again. We want it to be fun so whatever you ladies decide, that's what we'll go with!
Apr 17, 2012, 1:05am   #6
2many-NOT
Ya Gotta Laugh
I like the ideas posted above from you guys along with some others I've thrown in:

Color Theme
Handmade Theme (not neccessarily by your own hand, but homemade nonetheless)
Regional theme
Accessories Theme
Hobby Theme
Item/Idea Theme (so as not to post one someone might want to use on their own say for example Nail Polish was their idea(since this one is pretty much out of the picture; nail polish, remover, manicure set, lotion etc. might be the package.) Or to take one that pretty sure no one is going to use; Bread and things that you can put on bread: jam, peanut butter, butter, other spreads, sandwich meat, you get the idea!!
Anything, you'll like what I give you Theme

Figured we could keep adding to this list!!

Thanks Rach and Luc for putting this together!!
Apr 17, 2012, 2:54am   #7
mothbeast
I'm in! Work should be calmer then I think.
I like most of those themes 2many!
maybe a favorite colors theme?
Apr 17, 2012, 9:35am   #8
mdlovesbags
Sockless
I'm in for a non-nail polish theme (unless my gifter volunteers to come to my house and do my nails for me :)

Adding to the list:

(Favorite) Color Theme
Handmade Theme (not neccessarily by your own hand, but homemade nonetheless)
Regional theme
Accessories Theme
Hobby Theme
Item/Idea Theme (so as not to post one someone might want to use on their own say for example Nail Polish was their idea(since this one is pretty much out of the picture; nail polish, remover, manicure set, lotion etc. might be the package.) Or to take one that pretty sure no one is going to use; Bread and things that you can put on bread: jam, peanut butter, butter, other spreads, sandwich meat, you get the idea!!

Books/music theme
Accessorize your giftee's favorite HH bag
Apr 17, 2012, 10:01am   #9
chodessa
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
favorite color theme sounds very tempting!!
Apr 17, 2012, 10:09am   #10
2many-NOT
Ya Gotta Laugh
Originally Posted by chodessa
favorite color theme sounds very tempting!!
Are you seein' red cho?!?!?!(or animal print??)
Apr 17, 2012, 11:02am   #11
chodessa
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
RED but throw in some animal print and I'd be one happy girl!!!!
Apr 17, 2012, 12:07pm   #12
lulu3955
Harshed Mellow
I'm in for any of the themes.

What about an etsy theme? Find something local that could have been sold on etsy or from etsy?
Apr 17, 2012, 1:47pm   #13
Jordanopolis
Luciana
It sounds like the color theme is the most popular so far! The etsy theme is pretty cool! Accessorize your giftee's favorite HH bag sounds pretty fun too!

Here's the updated list:

- (Favorite) Color Theme
- Handmade Theme (not neccessarily by your own hand, but homemade nonetheless)
- Regional theme
- Accessories Theme
- Hobby Theme
- Item/Idea Theme (so as not to post one someone might want to use on their own say for example Nail Polish was their idea(since this one is pretty much out of the picture; nail polish, remover, manicure set, lotion etc. might be the package.) Or to take one that pretty sure no one is going to use; Bread and things that you can put on bread: jam, peanut butter, butter, other spreads, sandwich meat, you get the idea!!
- Books/music theme
- Accessorize your giftee's favorite HH bag
- Etsy
Apr 17, 2012, 2:10pm   #14
monkeytail
(Jennifer)
Yay! This sounds like fun! Thanks for hosting
Apr 17, 2012, 4:21pm   #15
annam
Banned? hahahahah!
I haven't been around too much but would love to join in. If not, it's okay too. I love watching. :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >