Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses

What are you saving your pennies for and how much is in your piggy bank?

POST A REPLY

Jul 11, 2012, 2:53pm   #31
Clu-less
Bought 2 Bals in the last month so trying to be good. Next one will be PS1 in lipstick red
Jul 11, 2012, 4:57pm   #32
I tend to use cash for my handbag purchases so my credit cards can be saved for emergencies. I think I've gone a bit overboard the past two months. I have two impulse items still with tags that I'm evaluating returning.

The next item up on my wishlist is this Reed Krakoff Gym Bag I in Cordovan.
Attached Images

Jul 11, 2012, 5:39pm   #33
cupcake butt
Would love a Ferragamo Briana in purple, but that's never gonna happen. :)
Jul 15, 2012, 5:35am   #34
m
i am on my way to get hermes herbag pm im black, but i couldn't find the new one everywhere, hermes just released the new herbag in bright colors, so i might get the used one on eBay :)
Jul 15, 2012, 6:35am   #35
CÚline luggage tote in black. :-)
Aug 15, 2012, 5:32am   #36
a
Originally Posted by Glitter_pixie
I thought this thread might help me and other tPFers who are making the effort to save for their next handbag/wallet. It's hard not to just slap down a credit card and make a purchase!

Maybe we can encourage each other on by periodically posting what we have accomplished so far?

So far, I have close to $600 saved in my piggy bank for a Goyard St. Louis PM in orange. It's going to take me a while, but it will be worth it in the end.
Celine luggage for long term but for now either mulberry bays or alexa, still cannot decide. Any suggestions? I'm a graduate student, will finish my study soon and will be looking for a job soon so I'm looking for sth I can take to work as well as for weekend.
Aug 15, 2012, 6:30am   #37
g
I love this question. I have been saving for a Birkin bag for the past three years and have 5,000.00 so as you can see I have a fair way to go. That is, if I could even manage to get on a waiting list to buy one. Has anyone every found a way to circumvent all the drama of buying this bag?
Aug 17, 2012, 3:33pm   #38
just cruising
Originally Posted by gardensla
I love this question. I have been saving for a Birkin bag for the past three years and have 5,000.00 so as you can see I have a fair way to go. That is, if I could even manage to get on a waiting list to buy one. Has anyone every found a way to circumvent all the drama of buying this bag?
Waiting list? More than $5000? OMG, what if you get it and don't like it???????
Aug 17, 2012, 4:02pm   #39
How are you all saving? I've tried the while saving thing but once I get enough saved up I find something better within the amount I've saved and start all over again. Share your method!! How much would you say I should start putting aside for starters?!
Aug 17, 2012, 4:57pm   #40
a
Originally Posted by cellberry
How are you all saving? I've tried the while saving thing but once I get enough saved up I find something better within the amount I've saved and start all over again. Share your method!! How much would you say I should start putting aside for starters?!
I hav the same problem! Would really love to know others' saving method ! I think it pretty much requires determination and effort.
Oct 1, 2012, 9:09am   #41
Hello hello... need to find people in the same 'boat' as me...
I am saving for a big purchase and I have to give up quite a few other bags. I have not buy any bags for 2 months and now finally I can buy my 1st H bag (though still need to look for a pre-owned and still on a budget). Always on the lookout for H bags and somehow along the way, found many other dream bags! The RMs, Alexander Wang, Bal, vintage Gucci etc.. Sooo sad ... when I finally set my heart on a H bag, I saw something coming in. Have tried very hard to resist any other temptations. I am still holding on to my target. Hopefully I wont be weak and buy that Alexander Wang in my watchlist! Anyone in the same boat? Share some tips?!
Oct 1, 2012, 9:29am   #42
Clarity
The "Search" feature here is a BIG BONUS - here are three other threads I found using the term 'saving' and searching by post:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...ur-748899.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...es-765845.html
Last edited Oct 1, 2012 at 11:14am.
Oct 1, 2012, 9:55am   #43
Originally Posted by indiaink
The "Search" feature here is a BIG BONUS - here are three other threads I found using the term 'saving' and searching by post:

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...ag-694419.html
And sometimes the search feature brings up irrelevant results! That's a thread about saving (as in rescuing) a damaged bag, not saving money to buy a bag.

OP - if you are saving money but tempted to spend the accumulating pile of cash, try making it inaccessible. For example, you could buy 6-month CDs so that the money is less liquid. Or put it in a savings account at an online bank where it will be more hidden from you.
Oct 1, 2012, 11:14am   #44
Clarity
Originally Posted by NCC1701D
And sometimes the search feature brings up irrelevant results! That's a thread about saving (as in rescuing) a damaged bag, not saving money to buy a bag.
Thank you for catching that!!!!! - I have edited my post so it's no longer there!!!
Oct 1, 2012, 8:15pm   #45
h
Saving MY pennies for an MCM Stark backpack. I'm about halfway there! :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses