Home > >

Show me some skin: Let's see your exotics!

POST A REPLY

Apr 16, 2009, 8:12pm   #1
ladakini
vintage
I love love love exotics! Alligator, crocodile, python, even salmon. Show off those beauties here.

I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours.

A general thread to share a love of exotics.

Gucci python

Vintage alligator

Your turn!

TIA
Dec 27, 2009, 7:00pm   #2
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Resurrecting this thread with a new python clutch from Ferragamo.

Without flash:
Dec 27, 2009, 8:16pm   #3
tadpolenyc
baahh, ram, ewe!
i have two:

a marc jacobs python lux st. marks hobo

and an ostrich stam

Dec 27, 2009, 8:51pm   #4
flashy.stems
Hermès Hottie
ooh i LOVE your ostrich stam, tadpolenyc
Dec 27, 2009, 10:37pm   #5
beeb
budget bag-lover
Ok, I'm a total dork but...are the treated, or do they FEEL like snakeskin? Ya know....kind of slimy?
Dec 27, 2009, 11:34pm   #6
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Originally Posted by beeb
Ok, I'm a total dork but...are the treated, or do they FEEL like snakeskin? Ya know....kind of slimy?
Actually snakes don't feel slimy in real life. Some bags have the scales intact, and you can feel the slight roughness of the edges, particularly on snakes with bigger scales like a python.

My Ferragamo python bag has had the edges sanded off so it's smooth, and there is a light coating over the snakeskin for protection. It feels soft, smooshy, and silky.
Dec 27, 2009, 11:50pm   #7
jellyv
Python "Eden" clutch by Jalda, with Italian dark brown leather. Love it.

DoreenJ, your clutch is TDF.
Attached Images

Last edited Dec 27, 2009 at 11:54pm.
Dec 28, 2009, 12:38am   #8
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Thanks jellyv, I love yours too. That envelope shape is classic.

Originally Posted by jellyv

Dec 28, 2009, 12:53am   #9
t
temo
Love the snakeskin! Here's my little vintage clutch:

Dec 28, 2009, 1:11am   #10
L
Loquita
Gorgeous, gorgeous bags, everyone!

I hope that lionlaw wanders into here, because then she might just post her Jane August bag. It haunts me (in a good way)!!!

Oh well..I will just post it myself, with much thanks to lionlaw for allowing us to drool over her truly amazing bag...

It's a python 57th Street by Jane August:

Attached Images

Dec 28, 2009, 1:26am   #11
misstrine85
Bagaholic
I have this vintage Pierre Cardin, but I dont know what skin it is. Anyone have a suggestion? Someone said maybe lizzard?
Attached Images

Dec 28, 2009, 2:19am   #12
thel
^ I can't see all the detail, but I think that is stamped because the pattern repeats. Also the pattern alternates between smaller scales and larger scales without a seam in between. I don't think that could happen so many times on a natural skin. Usually the belly and the top of the animal have larger scales with the sides having smaller scales, and the top would be noticeably different from the belly.
Dec 28, 2009, 2:27am   #13
misstrine85
Bagaholic
Originally Posted by thel
^ I can't see all the detail, but I think that is stamped because the pattern repeats. Also the pattern alternates between smaller scales and larger scales without a seam in between. I don't think that could happen so many times on a natural skin. Usually the belly and the top of the animal have larger scales with the sides having smaller scales, and the top would be noticeably different from the belly.
What does stamped mean?
Dec 28, 2009, 2:29am   #14
thel
Originally Posted by misstrine85
What does stamped mean?
Embossed leather, not reptile.
Dec 28, 2009, 3:46am   #15
ecmf
wow you all have great exotics they are all beautiful, i have a vintage snake skin clutch that was my grandma's i will go take a pic
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >