Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Owning a clutch without a clutch life?

POST A REPLY

Jun 21, 2012, 7:54am   #61
v
vhdos
This thread is funny. If having a clutch life means going to posh clubs, then I don't have a clutch life either (in fact, where I live, there are no "posh" clubs) However, I have 3 clutches and I'm looking for my 4th now. They all get plenty of use. Even if it's a dinner date-night with my DH in our fairly small city, I use a clutch. I have a silver Chanel clutch, a bronze Chanel clutch, and a vintage beige Chanel lambskin clutch. They are nothing fancy - no rhinestones or anything, so they are very versatile.
Utilizing a clutch is not as much about lifestyle, as it is practicality. What I mean is, in theory, you can carry less at night when you go out, so there's no need to carry a large bag over your shoulder. A clutch is just sort of a streamlined way of carrying your necessities when you leave the house at night. I love my clutches and they are my go-to bags in the evenings, no matter what I'm doing or where I'm going
Jun 21, 2012, 11:00pm   #62
MsReya
Europe
Love clutches for any occasion! I never really go out, occasionally to dinner with hubby, no parties, going to the grocery store without the puppy is a paaaaarrrttyyy All my clutches are quite roomy and they fit all the essentials (wallet or a smaller coin purse for money, lipgloss, keys, phone and whatever little random thingys are needed). At the moment I have 4 (black embossed croc and leopard ponyhair both Kirsten Schjonning, orange woven leather Cole Haan, grape embossed croc Longchamp) and I'm always on the lookout for a new one, right now looking for a purple one.. and khaki green...
Jun 22, 2012, 2:03am   #63
CoachCruiser
I love this thread. :)
I'm not sure the definition of a "clutch life" is as marked anymore, after reading these posts -- which is great. I own a couple of clutches, and while I don't use them as much as my handbags (I'm a "crossbody" lover!!), I still adore them and use them often -- casually or formally. I like "giant" clutches -- the kind that look elegant but can hold almost as much as a handbag -- because you can still look chic on a night out but you have all of your stuff with you!
Jun 22, 2012, 2:22am   #64
.:Sprigged:.
See my vest!
For me, it's about carrying one on the streets of NYC or any other major city. If I lived in a quieter town, I would carry them far more often!
Jun 22, 2012, 3:45am   #65
d
doreenjoy
zzz
I wish I didn't have to carry so much; I'd love to carry my clutches more often. E.g. tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with some friends, but I won't have time to go home between work and dinner so I'll have to carry a big bag with all my daytime stuff in it.

I live in a big crime-ridden city and I carry my clutches everywhere, even on public transit.

I guess I figure if they want the bag, they'll take it no matter what style it is. I hold my clutches more closely than a shoulder bag. I read some crime blotter report that said that crossbody was the most dangerous, because thieves will knock you down to take it and women have been injured.
Last edited Jun 22, 2012 at 3:50am.
Jun 22, 2012, 3:47am   #66
.:Sprigged:.
See my vest!
Originally Posted by doreenjoy
I wish I didn't have to carry so much; I'd love to carry my clutches more often. E.g. tomorrow I'm going out to dinner with some friends, but I won't have time to go home between work and dinner so I'll have to carry a big bag with all my daytime stuff in it.

Huh. I live in a big crime-ridden city and I carry my clutches everywhere, even on public transit.

I guess I figure if they want the bag, they'll take it no matter what style it is. I hold my clutches more closely than a shoulder bag. I read some crime blotter report that said that crossbody was the most dangerous, because thieves will knock you down to take it and women have been injured.
Whoa! that's good to know - that's how usually carry my bags...
Jun 22, 2012, 3:52am   #67
d
doreenjoy
zzz
Originally Posted by .:Sprigged:.
Whoa! that's good to know - that's how usually carry my bags...
Don't let me make you paranoid, Sprigged!

As I'm sure you know -- as a sister city-dweller -- we have to be careful and aware no matter what bag we're carrying.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >