Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 12, 2012, 7:11am   #586
Coach Lover Too's Avatar
Coach Lover Too
Member
Originally Posted by dcooney4
Me too! When they announced their sale on face book, I was on the phone the minute the store opened.
Aug 12, 2012, 7:13am   #587
Coach Lover Too's Avatar
Coach Lover Too
Member
Originally Posted by Morisa
was the jane at nordstrom's in-store or online?
It was online and it wasn't even listed under the sale. It was just listed with the other MZ Wallace bags but there was more than one price listed under it so I clicked on it and that's when I found that the Sahara was only $179. I just got lucky!
Aug 12, 2012, 7:51am   #588
M
Morisa
Member
Originally Posted by Coach Lover Too
It was online and it wasn't even listed under the sale. It was just listed with the other MZ Wallace bags but there was more than one price listed under it so I clicked on it and that's when I found that the Sahara was only $179. I just got lucky!
Wow I'm so jealous! Great find!
Aug 12, 2012, 8:00am   #589
Coach Lover Too's Avatar
Coach Lover Too
Member
Originally Posted by Morisa
Wow I'm so jealous! Great find!
Thanks! I was really excited~
Aug 12, 2012, 3:31pm   #590
M
Morisa
Member
does anyone have any comparison of the belle and the jane? I know the dimensions of the belle are bigger, but which can actually fit more stuff? Is it easier to get stuff out of a jane because the zippers extend down further over the edge of the bag, giving you more room?
Aug 13, 2012, 10:45pm   #591
M
MJ1999
Member
Originally Posted by Morisa
Basically like this, you mean? Not sure how those types of bags wear though, since the bag is kinda stuck in between.
Yes although believe it might work better with the Jane, particularly if it wasn't over-stuffed. Everyone is different so guess you'd have to try and see if works for you.
Aug 13, 2012, 10:50pm   #592
M
MJ1999
Member
Originally Posted by Morisa
does anyone have any comparison of the belle and the jane? I know the dimensions of the belle are bigger, but which can actually fit more stuff? Is it easier to get stuff out of a jane because the zippers extend down further over the edge of the bag, giving you more room?
I have a Belle and it has one zipper that goes all the way across the top and is less structured than the Jane so my guess is it would be easier to get stuff out of the Belle. (I got it to replace a Frankie which while smaller than the Jane is structured much the same.). Wanted more space and easier access for travel and attending conferences.

Hope this helps!
Aug 14, 2012, 11:39am   #593
ms p's Avatar
ms p
♡ so blessed ♡
What happen to the sahara bedford collection? it's missing on mzw ... it is not on sale right?
Aug 14, 2012, 2:05pm   #594
M
Morisa
Member
Originally Posted by ms p
What happen to the sahara bedford collection? it's missing on mzw ... it is not on sale right?
It was on sale, but I don't see it online anymore. I think they've discontinued that color now?
Aug 14, 2012, 2:08pm   #595
M
Morisa
Member
Originally Posted by MJ1999
I have a Belle and it has one zipper that goes all the way across the top and is less structured than the Jane so my guess is it would be easier to get stuff out of the Belle. (I got it to replace a Frankie which while smaller than the Jane is structured much the same.). Wanted more space and easier access for travel and attending conferences.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the input. I guess my question is more specific -- I have a hayley, and getting a 3-ring binder in/out of it is a pain because while there is only one zipper, the bag does not "open" as much because the zipper only runs along the top of the bag, and does not go around the top edges/corners of the bag. With the Jane, the zippers go around the top corners, so the bag "opens" a lot wider, and it's easier to get things in/out of the bag due to the extra "width". I'm trying to see if the Belle would have the same problem as the Hayley for me, because I prefer the crossbody strap.
Aug 14, 2012, 4:56pm   #596
renza's Avatar
renza
Member
Originally Posted by ms p
What happen to the sahara bedford collection? it's missing on mzw ... it is not on sale right?
If you search for it on google you will find links to the items on MZ Wallace's website. I'm not sure why it's not coming up when you look from the website. The Mimi Ankara, which is on sale but still in stock, is the same way--I have to google it to get to the webpage.
Aug 14, 2012, 8:04pm   #597
ms p's Avatar
ms p
♡ so blessed ♡
Originally Posted by Morisa
It was on sale, but I don't see it online anymore. I think they've discontinued that color now?

Eeep i didn't know it was on sale! I really like the sahara bea but as usual i take super long to consider thanks!

Originally Posted by renza
If you search for it on google you will find links to the items on MZ Wallace's website. I'm not sure why it's not coming up when you look from the website. The Mimi Ankara, which is on sale but still in stock, is the same way--I have to google it to get to the webpage.
Ok noted! Thanks for the tip i'm off to google
Aug 14, 2012, 9:24pm   #598
M
MJ1999
Member
Originally Posted by Morisa
Thanks for the input. I guess my question is more specific -- I have a hayley, and getting a 3-ring binder in/out of it is a pain because while there is only one zipper, the bag does not "open" as much because the zipper only runs along the top of the bag, and does not go around the top edges/corners of the bag. With the Jane, the zippers go around the top corners, so the bag "opens" a lot wider, and it's easier to get things in/out of the bag due to the extra "width". I'm trying to see if the Belle would have the same problem as the Hayley for me, because I prefer the crossbody strap.
Even with one zipper, I think you'd find it much easier to get a 3-ring binder into the Belle b/c it is simply larger than the Haley. Also, the natural "hang" of each bag is different. The Haley curves down like a smile so you're right , getting something that big and square in and out would be a pain. The Belle zipper measures 17" from end to end and doesn't curve as much. It's also wider so think it would be comparable to the Jane. The biggest thing I've put in my Haley is a trade paperback.
Aug 14, 2012, 10:11pm   #599
M
Morisa
Member
Originally Posted by MJ1999
Even with one zipper, I think you'd find it much easier to get a 3-ring binder into the Belle b/c it is simply larger than the Haley. Also, the natural "hang" of each bag is different. The Haley curves down like a smile so you're right , getting something that big and square in and out would be a pain. The Belle zipper measures 17" from end to end and doesn't curve as much. It's also wider so think it would be comparable to the Jane. The biggest thing I've put in my Haley is a trade paperback.
excellent. thank you so much for the feedback!
Aug 14, 2012, 11:06pm   #600
M
Morisa
Member
Forgot to mention -- carried my eggplant hayley out today in the torrential downpour. Bag held up like a champ, and everything on the inside was still dry. Woo!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools