Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Need opinions on this hobo?

POST A REPLY

Jun 28, 2012, 9:14pm   #16
s
swezfamily
I just realized I made comments regarding price vs. quality, but didn't answer your other questions:

Would the fact that the Nova Check pattern is being discontinued affect your wanting to purchase the bag?

Yes, definitely for me. But, I am guilty of paying full price for many things for fear of waiting for a sale only to find that the thing I really wanted is gone, never to be available again.

Do you think it's a bit too much pattern?

No, but the bag I used to own looked very similar to this one, so of course I'm going to like it. As I said in a previous post, you do have to be careful about mixing it with other patterned clothing, unless you have a flair for that sort of thing, which I most certainly do not. The nova check pattern is a beautiful standout against a solid colored outfit.

Hope this helps you with your decision!
Jun 29, 2012, 12:06pm   #17
j
jess236
No problems at all, I understood that you weren’t trying to tell me to buy an LV. I was just giving you my experience with the canvas LVs. Despite a lot of research and in-store visits, I didn’t find a canvas LV that ticked all the boxes for me. The Burberry bag comes closest to suiting my needs at the moment.

Thank you for your helpful comments regarding the discontinuation and the pattern. I do like its versatility and, as you say, it is a great standout against a solid colored outfit.
Jun 30, 2012, 6:13am   #18
dcooney4
Did you buy it? I would love to see a modeling pic if you are able.
Jul 1, 2012, 1:17pm   #19
j
jess236
I didn't get it yet, but when I do, I'll post some pics.
Jul 1, 2012, 2:07pm   #20
v
vhdos
Personally, I wouldn't purchase it. I'm not a fan of hobo-style bags or the all-over Burberry pattern. What matters though, is how you like the bag Shop around first and see if you can find it for a lower price.
Jul 1, 2012, 2:07pm   #21
JinggayMataro
TamPiPI AdiK
If you really like it girl go for it :)
Jul 1, 2012, 2:09pm   #22
JinggayMataro
TamPiPI AdiK
Originally Posted by jess236
I didn't get it yet, but when I do, I'll post some pics.
Yes i want to see some pictures too....i'm so excited to see it
Jul 1, 2012, 4:52pm   #23
c
chelf
if you already have a black classic bag then this is perfect!
Jul 3, 2012, 9:59am   #24
m
merlinax0
i say go for it! i love the bag myself and have been looking to buy another burberry. i love my LVs however i dont use them in bad weather. i use my burberry bags all the time and they are so good to me. the only thing i dislike is that dark colors do rub off on the bag however it is super easy to clean. im going to say that these bags are one of my favorites. Now that i know this print is being discontinued im going on the hunt for more!
Jul 4, 2012, 7:20pm   #25
Marie Lee
If you really love it, just get it. But when I am not sure, it makes me think I don't love it enough, is that the case? Cause some bags, you don't need to think, you just know...
Jul 5, 2012, 5:30am   #26
r
roseyw
The only thing you are paying for here is the brand name. You can easily find a similar bag which has the same style and fabric, and get it for much less than half the price of that bag. Good luck hunting.
Jul 5, 2012, 3:23pm   #27
ladysarah
Originally Posted by jess236
I'm thinking of getting this Burberry Nova Check hobo, but would like some second opinions on it since this would be my first Burberry bag.
http://ca.burberry.com/store/womens-...ent-trim-hobo/

Do you think it is worth the price? Would the fact that the Nova Check pattern is being discontinued affect your wanting to purchase the bag? Do you think it's a bit too much pattern?
I suspect when (and if ) it gets permanently discontinued it will be even more sought after as it has a 'following'

Originally Posted by roseyw
You can easily find a similar bag which has the same style and fabric, and get it for much less than half the price of that bag. Good luck hunting.
actually that is not strictly speaking true. My sister is a fun of this brand and has one or two things. (so does the Queen I believe) and the QUALITY IS VERY HIGH! That is not apparent in a photo, but if you see it in person you'd know. They are virtually indestructible, can be wiped clean and look smart for decades.
Jul 5, 2012, 8:09pm   #28
Aluxe
The Gimme-Queen
I actually screamed "No" at my computer when I read your comment/question, OP

My reason is because, one of my bestest friends has a few burberry bags and she complains about the quality all the time. She is also upset that Burberry, unlike Louis, Chanel or even Coach, won't take their bags back for paid refreshing visit to the spa. I have one Burberry - a Buckleigh tote and am happy I can throw it in the washing machine when necessary (its white and has not displayed a single quality issue).

Like someone else said, your money is better spent on a LV, assuming you are in the market for that. This is just my personal opinion. If I was going to spend on a non-leather bag, it would have to be something that would stand the test of time.

Good luck though.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >