Home > >

My Second Reveal .. I think this will be one of my new favs!

POST A REPLY

Jul 21, 2012, 6:10pm   #76
hardymem
Great, I'm very ashamed to say I have an IT degree yet I don't know how to post pics straight in the post weird huh

Originally Posted by tentativepurse
I created a new thread, with Rioni in the title. This thread is linked first in the first post. I had to download Gimp to resize my pics before posting them, so still waiting on that. Anyway, here's the thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...tc-763702.html
Jul 22, 2012, 6:29pm   #77
tentativepurse
I know some of you guys have Luxury Totes, and from what I can see online, the sizing is different from Neverfulls. Look at the new thread I made, where I made sizing comparison photos - sticking laptops into it to see how much it would fit and how. I was hoping I'd inspire you guys to make similar posts for your Rioni purses - either see how a specific sized object fits, or show how much you can fit in them. And especially the Luxury Totes, like I said. My Tall Tote Shopper fit my netbook perfectly (and would fit an iPad), but a 17 inch laptop didn't fit. Not sure a 15 inch would fit either. I don't have a regular sized 15 inch here to try out. What other objects are frequently put in totes?
Jul 23, 2012, 11:31pm   #78
tentativepurse
I have a specific question about the Luxury Totes. I'm thinking about the medium one, but there's one thing I'm looking for. I've seen how the Neverfull will sort of fold when carried on the shoulder. It has that D-ring closure that probably promotes the "fold". Since the Luxury Totes have magnets instead, I wonder if they will carry "flat" under your arm instead? The Tall Tote Shopper will probably stay "flat" and although the canvas will soften, I doubt it will change its fundamental shape. Right now, rigid as the canvas is because it's not broken in, it feels very structured. My Top Flap Drawstring purse is soft and falls in on itself unless I put something inside it to stiffen it up, so I know how soft the canvas could become.

Anyway, I'd love a pic of a Luxury Tote over the shoulder - put it on the shoulder of someone who doesn't mind having her/his pic on here, and take the pic from the side/behind. That should tell me if it does what I'm looking for

Edit: I'm having trouble finding a pic illustrating what I mean. But I've seen people with these purses, and it's definitely there. I guess a better word might be sag.
Last edited Jul 23, 2012 at 11:42pm.
Jul 24, 2012, 3:36pm   #79
tentativepurse
OK, I think this illustrates what I was going to say:

It's from this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...27771-469.html
Jul 24, 2012, 3:49pm   #80
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by tentativepurse
OK, I think this illustrates what I was going to say:

It's from this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vui...27771-469.html
When it is not full to the very top it stays nice and flat under the arm. When it is super full it looks just like that. I have the med Lux tote. I can say that it does however hold its shape really well without a base shaped. :-)
Jul 24, 2012, 8:48pm   #81
hardymem
The luxury tote sits very well under my arm, it is one of, if not the most comfortable bags I own, and I own a lot of bags. I have the medium and it does as Pandorabox said hold its shape well. With lots of space left
Jul 29, 2012, 9:09pm   #82
tentativepurse
Ordered the Luxury Tote. Treasure Baskets of Albany upped the shipping and handling, PLUS tax, so I bypassed them this time around. Overstock wouldn't let me pay since I'm not from the US. Had to have a friend order it for me. But it should be with me in a week or two!
Aug 11, 2012, 12:16am   #83
tentativepurse
Went to Nordstrom today and looked at purses I'd lusted after a while ago. It was a lesson in looking at stuff in person is different from seeing them online. I came away thinking I wouldn't have minded one of them, but I wanted the Rioni ones more, and ended up congratulating myself on my choices.
Aug 11, 2012, 8:09am   #84
Coach Lover Too
Rioni can't be beat! I have three of them and am really wanting the Patti bag now. I can't believe how well made they are, especially for the practical prices, unlike those that shall remain nameless.
Aug 11, 2012, 5:15pm   #85
hardymem
I can tell you all that I really really abuse my luxury tote. I had so many things in it Friday that I could barely pick it up is was so heavy. Yet there are no rips, tears or signs of deterioration on it at all. It is a very sturdy bag, I hate that some are so judgemental against the brand.
Aug 11, 2012, 8:31pm   #86
pandorabox
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by hardymem
I can tell you all that I really really abuse my luxury tote. I had so many things in it Friday that I could barely pick it up is was so heavy. Yet there are no rips, tears or signs of deterioration on it at all. It is a very sturdy bag, I hate that some are so judgemental against the brand.
Ditto that... I have had mine for over one year now and it gets plenty of use. That is my go to tote. It is holding up really well!!!
Sep 10, 2012, 3:33pm   #87
tentativepurse
I took my Rioni Tall Tote Shopper on a plane ride. It was a small turboprop plane. The bag fit on its side under the seat in front. I don't think it'll fit standing up on any planes. I would have liked it to be bigger, just because I bring so much. But the zipper was really nice to have, and it would fit a netbook, some electronics and a ziplock with fluids plus odds and ends.

It also worked with the handles over the handle of a carry-on roller. Mine was really small, so unless I balanced it on top of it (which actually worked mostly), it could scrape along the floor. I did that once and scraped the edge of the purse a bit. Bummer, but not too bad.
Last edited Sep 10, 2012 at 4:29pm.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >