Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses

Looking for opinions on this Tom Ford bag

POST A REPLY

Mar 29, 2012, 8:31pm   #1
Just bought this Tom Ford handbag/tote from Bluefly.com. Tom Ford bags are hard to find outside of the TF boutiques and I have been hoping to luck out finding one to buy online since I'm not near a TF store. The price was $2840 and from the description it is a very generous sized bag. should be here in 3-4 days, but in the meantime, I'm looking for opinions from anyone who owns a bag from this line or has seen them in person. Thoughts on quality, workmanship, price point etc, greatly appreciated. Looks like the Hermes Bolide a bit?

Supple pebbled leather with polished goldtone hardware
Zip top closure with leather pull
Leather loops at sides
Rear zip pocket
17" rolled handles with 6" drop
Suede lined interior features side patch pocket and zip pocket
Five metal feet at base
Measures approximately 18'' at widest x 12'' tall at center x 7½'' deep; weighs 2.5 lbs.
Leather; Italy; style#317597201
Attached Images

Mar 29, 2012, 10:28pm   #2
I don't know anything about Tom Ford bags but I wanted to say I love it! It reminds me of the Hermes Bolide of course at a more affordable price.
Mar 29, 2012, 11:20pm   #3
i'm loving it
i don't know much about tf bags but this one is gorgeous. the leather looks divine and yes it reminds me of a bolide.
Mar 30, 2012, 6:10am   #4
I have been looking at the TF bags for a while but wasn't 100% sold on any particular design until I saw this one, and loved it. The measurements listed make for a pretty big bag but we'll see when it arrives if it's more a tote or everyday bag etc. I like the simplicity of the design and the large goldtone zippers add just the right amount of metal. I wish the website would have had pics of the inside as it's described as suede lined. Just hoping it's black suede so it's easier to maintain. The other TF bags had dark lining so this one probably is as well. I will definitely post pics when it gets here!
Mar 30, 2012, 7:19am   #5
It looks great. It is mare a travel bag size though, huge in fact. I would have preferred that the zip wasnt as thick but I guess it's a style statement. The leather look very good and the suede lining is a bonus, the rolled handles should be comfortable in-hand. I think you did really well I would love it

Many brands have a domed wedged model, LV the Alma, Gucci Catherine, Gorrard etc. Hermes was the first and it goes back to 1923 so I guess you could say this shape has stood the test of time .

H Bolide doesn't have an outside pocket, even the Web (an earlier version) which has an outside pocket is not zipped. This added feature is going to be very handy.
Mar 30, 2012, 7:35am   #6
I agree the listed measurements would make the bag (at least for me) a large tote/carry on/small travel bag. I'm holding off deciding until the bag actually arrives, since I have learned from past experience measurements can be off. I was searching the web again this morning and found the same TF bag on overstock.com and the measurements there are smaller(11.5 inches high x 12.5 inches wide x 6 inches deep). The price was $2749, close to Bluefly, so either one of them has the wrong measurements or the overstock bag is a smaller version of the same bag. Other details on overstock are off as well and I have never bought a handbag from there, so no idea on authenticity or accuracy.......
Mar 30, 2012, 10:56am   #7
f
Pretty.
Apr 3, 2012, 12:56pm   #8
The Tom Ford bag arrived today and it is gorgeous! The leather is the best I've seen/felt in ages. 100% better than anything Prada is doing lately, thicker and more luxe than Gucci and on par with Hermes birkin,(at least with my togo birkin) IMO. As much as I like the feel of Chanel lambskin, they are pretty delicate bags so I use them for special occassions. This bag has a wonderful scrumptous feel, the perfect amount of slouch and a very slight texture/pebble to it that makes it great for everyday use without having to worry the slightest rub against something is going to leave noticable scratches. The bag is roomy, but I can still get away with carrying it as a day bag, though I do tend to favor larger bags. It also will work as a small tote. The Bluefly measurements made it seem bigger, but I think they measured the widest (top) portion with the bag completely flat. The base is actually about 14 inches across. If this bag didn't 'wow' me I was going to get the Hermes GPT in black to replace the one I sold a few years ago, but I decided to keep this bag. It holds about the same amount as the GPT but the leather is much better and I like the fact it can be completely closed with the top zip.
I hope Tom Fords keeps his handbag line going, this are really well made with the very best materials.
Attached Images

Apr 3, 2012, 12:59pm   #9
i'm loving it
thanks for sharing. it's gorgeous.

any modelling pics pretty please?
Apr 3, 2012, 2:00pm   #10
Running out for errands, so here are a few quick mod pics.
Attached Images

Apr 3, 2012, 2:29pm   #11
The bag is a WOW congratulations to you

I agree about the versatility and the size, it works very well from what I can see from your modelling pics. Definitely a keeper
Apr 3, 2012, 4:26pm   #12
Science Geek!
Its lovely and suits you beautifully. Well done on that find.
Apr 3, 2012, 4:28pm   #13
I wish I knew more about this line, because now that I've run my errands(with the new bag) and have had time to really look it over, I am starting to think this is one of the most luxe bags I've ever owned. And since I've had half a dozen Hermes bags, lots of Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Ferrangamo and Prada, that is really saying a lot. I know the line is mostly limited to the TF Boutiques, with the exception of the occassional find on Bluefly and the only colors I have seen are black and dark brown, all with the chunky gold hardware. I can't get over the leather on this bag, it is simply stunning. Incrediably supple and it positively gleams.
Has anyone been to the Tom Ford boutique? I have not, but am curious what other colors, if any, and styles are available?
Apr 3, 2012, 7:36pm   #14
This is gorgeous!!
Apr 3, 2012, 7:40pm   #15
H
Account Deactivated
I Love it! would carry it myself! its nice!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses