Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

How/where do you report website/shops/sellers of fakes/counterfeits?

POST A REPLY

Jun 6, 2008, 6:29pm   #46
misstrashe
baby jess
Originally Posted by guccimamma
i would approach the sorority and ask for a refund, mention that you will be reporting them to the university and panhellenic

i imagine they will not want you to tell anyone about this, as they will have to refund money for lots of people if word gets out

keep us informed, i am interested to hear what happens

and never buy from a purse party again, unless you expect to get a fake

The thing was that the money was going for charity!! And my friend, who purchased an item last year raved about them... she got a fendi purse (which I assume is probably fake??) but she doesn't know. All the people who were raving about them.. were actually really wealthy people who could def afford to by full price (I know that's shallow) but I didn't even second think my purchases when I was there... I thought it was legit.

Fooled me. I've learned my lesson. The 1000+ price tag is there for a reason. YOU KNOW IT'S NOT FAKE. lol

I cried. :(
Jun 6, 2008, 6:32pm   #47
misstrashe
baby jess
Originally Posted by ShimmaPuff
The process of getting some sort of statement of fraudulent labeling from the Gucci store, with photos of the bag, which you will send to the seller in order to avail yourself of their guarantee will give you documentation to take to the police.

And you will have your money back!

I would be prepared, however, depending on the crime rate versus law enforcement resources situation in your community, for the possibility that though they will do what they feel is the best choice for your community, their response might not include the zeal and thoroughness you would hope for.

You could also send copies of all your documents, photos, etc to Gucci, and you can be sure that they will act in accordance with what they feel is in the best interest of the company.

You will be rewarded with the knowledge that you have provided documentation of the event to your local police and to the company, and the assurance that both entities will do what they think best - AND you will have your money back - money that you can use to buy a bag that was really manufactured by Gucci, which was, after all, what you wanted in the first place!

I called the lady and she said she would refund my money (SHE STILL CLAIMS IT'S AUTHENTIC). i just have to send her the 2 bags. Now, I got this over the phone... her address and all... i didn't think to record our conversation.

I'm afraid that if I send her the bags, she won't send me a check. do you think a conversation on the phone will stand up in law? IF she doesn't refund me back my money?
Jun 7, 2008, 12:41am   #48
berta
mom2 12paws
Make sure you insure the package and get a signature for delivery.
Jun 7, 2008, 8:42am   #49
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Did she give you a receipt for that bag? If you file an insurance claim, that is the first thing you will have to provide to even collect on the insurance just in case she claims she never got the bags back, which I wouldn't put that past her.
Dec 4, 2008, 10:06am   #50
Ethan's Mommy

There is a man here who has set up shop at a craft fair in my mall. According to the woman who was doing the selling, they will be there every weekend this month. They also had a flier for the disgusting purse parties and state that the bags are fake. The phone number on there is hopefully what will lead people to the man doing this.

EVen though they are stated as fakes, they are exact replicas of Vuitton, Coach, Dolce and Gabanna, etc. I know it's not legal and even if something isn't legally done, at least I know I have tried.

Can you guys please tell me how I should go about reporting this. Who will actually do something?
Dec 4, 2008, 10:28am   #51
Dawn
seriously?
here you go:
http://www.iacc.org/reportfakes.php
Dec 4, 2008, 10:54am   #52
AmourCouture
AmourAuthentic
You could also talk to mall management about illegal activities in the mall and contact local authorities. I have heard of huge busts they do on the purse party and mall kiosks.
Dec 4, 2008, 1:39pm   #53
ProfNot
Sylvie Guillem fan
Above tips are excellent.

You could also report them to Vuitton, Coach, Dolce and Gabanna, etc. Use the Contact Us or Contact a Salesperson buttons on their websites.

Those companies will be mad as heck and will contact someone with clout.
Dec 4, 2008, 7:29pm   #54
Compass Rose
Opie, My Schmopie!!
...or call your local news....that's what I did, and I had a reporter actually go out to the store in our area who was selling fakes. They were immediately shut down and, needless to say, their publicity was not exactly the way they wanted it.
Dec 4, 2008, 10:17pm   #55
ArmCandyLuvr
Let the mall management know that a tenant on their property is advertising an illegal activity for which they could be held liable if they allow it to continue. I reported a kiosk that was selling fakes to mall management and they put a stop to it. When I reported it, I emphasized that these goods are illegal and the mall could face a legal situation by allowing the illegal activity to continue. Mentioning something like that usually lights a fire under them.
Dec 5, 2008, 12:54am   #56
peachiesncream
monochromeluxe.livejournal.com

does anyone know where i can report them? it's so disgusting. they even sell fake louboutins.

Last edited Dec 7, 2010 at 3:22pm.
Dec 5, 2008, 12:58am   #57
Valdima
Don't know what to do about a company in Singapore :(

Valdima
Dec 5, 2008, 1:05am   #58
sunnyislander
Originally Posted by peachiesncream
monochromeluxe.livejournal.com

does anyone know where i can report them? it's so disgusting. they even sell fake louboutins.

Call the police, it's a criminal charge selling fakes.
Last edited Dec 7, 2010 at 3:22pm.
Dec 5, 2008, 1:11am   #59
peachiesncream
Originally Posted by sunnyislander
Call the police, it's a criminal charge selling fakes.
it's bit extreme isnt it? i mean i cant just call 999 to report a fake bag website. haha
Dec 5, 2008, 1:21am   #60
sunnyislander
Oh no, not the 999 of course. That's for emergency. There is an electronic police website, see: http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/ePCLinks.html
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >