Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses

How many handbags do you own, or should I ask!!

POST A REPLY

Feb 3, 2009, 8:30am   #1
Hi Ladies

Don't know about you, but I get on a real guilt trip when I own too many bags. I live by the motto of one in, one out. I currently have four bags that I am using all the time, not including a LV and chloe that I don't use, but can't bear to part with and two evening bags.

I am currently tempted to buy two more which will retail at about 700 for both, but with clothing aswell this seems like a lot of for one season! I have been obsessing about them and I hate it!!! HOW MANY BAGS IS TOO MANY, REALISTICALLY!!
Feb 3, 2009, 8:59am   #2
I really dont like having too many - dont get to use them enough if I have too many. I would like to have ony 4 or 5 - but I have 8 at the moment including evening bag.
I'm keeping the 8 though
Feb 3, 2009, 9:03am   #3
a
27 and yes, I use them all! (I'm including tokidoki backpacks, Timbuk2 gym bags, etc.)

I have come to the conclusion that while I am very organized, thorough, and even unsentimental about many things, my bag collection not one of them. I have come to terms with it. I can consign or donate everything but the DH, kids, and the bags LOL!

To answer your question: "How many is too many bags?" If you are feeling guilty, uncomfortable, or unhappy about your current number of bags - that's when it's too many....I make concessions in other areas of my life (no make-up - seriously, I buy it every 10 years for "special occasions", barely any shoes, and no expensive hobbies/habits) to make me feel okay about my collection. DH teases me, but he supports me since he knows I make good choices. Although lately he's raised an eyebrow about the JCrew thing...
Last edited Feb 3, 2009 at 9:07am.
Feb 3, 2009, 9:05am   #4
e
I don't like to have that many either.

My saturation point is about 5 or 6.

Currently, I have 6, but have one listed on eBay and plan to list another. I also have another BE coming on the TME bespoke and an Ignes mini Ormala.
Feb 3, 2009, 9:08am   #5
Originally Posted by audball67
27 and yes, I use them all! (I'm including tokidoki backpacks, Timbuk2 gym bags, etc.)

I have come to the conclusion that while I am very organized, thorough, and even unsentimental about many things, my bag collection not one of them. I have come to terms with it. I can consign or donate everything but the DH, kids, and the bags LOL!

27! Well maybe another two for me isn't that bad....Funnily enough I haven't included evening bags, travel and gym bag...
Feb 3, 2009, 9:13am   #6
Easily tempted
I have WAY too many... not counting accessories

BE - 9 (2 LM, 1 LMM, 1 SM, 1 HM, 1 HgM, 1 TMAway, 1 TME) and the one more on the way (pewter)
Chloe - 2 (anthracite paddy and coming soon a front pocket choco paddy)
HH - 4 (Lorca turnlock, 2 havana hobos, 1 salina)
Linea Pelle - 2 (2 danielle bags)
RM - 3 (French tote, MAB luxe, and Nikki)
Coach - 10 - (Pond legacy shoulder, white legacy hippie, fish carryall, fish demi, bee flap, hamptons multifunction, green patent basket, sig stripe swingpack, ladybug hobo, old legacy brown bag)
LambertsonTruex - 1 (metalilc blue bag of some sort)
Francisco Biasia - 1
Kooba - 1 (older metallic bag)
Passchal - 1 (reclaimed tire clutch)
Juicy Couture - 1

Oh. my. god. That's 35 bags ..AND that's all I can recount while sitting at work. There are definitely more ----

And, I don't carry 80% of them... but I am compelled to keep them for some reason....

Yikes. Maybe I am like Becky Bloomwood. Is it just coincidence that I'm enamored with the 'shopaholic' books
Feb 3, 2009, 9:15am   #7
a
BTW, finz, Congrats on your weight loss!!
Feb 3, 2009, 9:18am   #8
Easily tempted
Thanks audball67 -- unfortunately I have lately been using it as an excuse to shop (as opposed to snacking or dining out... )
Feb 3, 2009, 9:18am   #9
I have 6 or 7. Not including 2 more BE's on the way, but I also like and try to live by the motto "one in and one out." Usually I have a fave bag that I use most of the time for work and others for play or traveling. I have a 2 LV's, 1 Gucci, and 1 Hermes I won't part with.
Feb 3, 2009, 9:25am   #10
a
Originally Posted by finzup
Thanks audball67 -- unfortunately I have lately been using it as an excuse to shop (as opposed to snacking or dining out... )
((sigh))....I think that's my problem too!
Feb 3, 2009, 9:30am   #11
Emmy!
I currently own 3 but one is "up for adoption" plus I have 3 bespoke orders. I like to keep it at 5 or 6. More than that and I get anxious about having too many.
Feb 3, 2009, 10:25am   #12
C
Broccoli, yum!
I feel that I have too many at 17. I have 5 of the RMs in rotations currently (waiting on my first BEs to arrive, at which point, I suspect they will dominate the rotation!)

I have:

3 Lancel
4 Coach
1 Longchamp
6 Rebecca Minkoff
1 Balenciaga
2 Belen Echandia
Feb 3, 2009, 10:26am   #13
I own quite a few bags. I don't feel the need to count them so don't know how many. I use most of them and occasionally sell the ones that I know will never see the light of day. I am trying to be a bit more careful about what I buy now so that I only fill gaps and my favourites get used relatively often.

On the other side of the expenditure scales I don't have the cost of running a car and rarely spend much money on holidays, dining out or alchohol. I never buy full price clothes and am very cunning at gettting good items at low cost.
Feb 3, 2009, 12:46pm   #14
My lack of storage space keeps me from acquiring too-too many bags. I can't organize things well enough to get at them readily, and if I can't see my stuff, I won't use my stuff. If my bags get buried in clutter or it takes a long time to switch from one bag to another, they will go unloved in their dustbags and that makes me sad and even a little anxious, as tloveshim says.

Not counting junky canvas weekenders and my camera-gear bags, I have 9 purses now with a 10th on the way: 3 from the recent HH sales, 3 older HHs, 1 more HH on the way, 1 Kooba, my BE TME and a Biasia bag that I refuse to part with even though it's seen much better days because I love the dark red color so much. That's a couple too many since a few are bags that serve the same purpose. Many are black, so there's too much overlap. Still, there are gaps to be filled -- a nice evening bag, a job interview appropriate bag, more color, something in the whiskey-cognac family. Paring down the black bags will be my priority before adding anything else.
Feb 3, 2009, 12:51pm   #15
Right now, I have 7 - 4 BE's (with one on the way shortly); 1 Marc Jacobs and 2 RM's. I actually try to stay around this number but I have handbag attention deficit disorder - seriously I can fall in and out of love so quickly it would make you head spin. I am always buying and/or selling.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses