Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses

How do you store your purses/bags/handbags?

View Poll Results: How do you store your bag?
Keep it in the dustbag only 428 69.82%
Keep it in the dustbag (and the box it came with) 122 19.90%
Bag needs to be aired (taken out of the closet) 54 8.81%
Bag does not to be aired 9 1.47%
Voters: 613. You may not vote on this poll

POST A REPLY

Jan 28, 2006, 3:24pm   #31
Bag Ho
Don't stack them. Keep them side by side on a shelf.

Always keep them covered.

Keep the paper that comes with your bags and when you put them up, stuff them with the tissue paper. That helps keep a nice shape. When I change bags, I exchange the paper and dustcover.

Keep out of direct sunlight

Keep away from heat vents

Waterproof them (apple garde is good) leatherstuff.com
Jan 28, 2006, 3:40pm   #32
Designated Shopaholic
We recently moved and I now, finally, have a closet all to myself. The closets in the house had plastic-coated shelves built in so my purses go on top of the shelf.

But I'm running out of room!
Jan 28, 2006, 3:40pm   #33
I keep mine stuffed w/tissue paper or bubble wrap and they stay inside their dust bags sitting side by side. Until I forget what's in the dust bags and I open all of them to find a particular bag...lol

I live in a 1 bedroom loft apartment and it has 6 closets! And they all came with really nice shelves installed in them. The closet in my bedroom is a walk-in and has one section w/5 shelves - that's where I keep my bags currently.
Jan 28, 2006, 3:50pm   #34
Bag Ho
Originally Posted by speedysteph
I keep mine stuffed w/tissue paper or bubble wrap and they stay inside their dust bags sitting side by side. Until I forget what's in the dust bags and I open all of them to find a particular bag...lol

I live in a 1 bedroom loft apartment and it has 6 closets! And they all came with really nice shelves installed in them. The closet in my bedroom is a walk-in and has one section w/5 shelves - that's where I keep my bags currently.
Awesome closet space! I'm soooo jealous!!!!!
Jan 28, 2006, 4:35pm   #35
Balenciaga's lover
One of the members here (forgot her name) actually take photos of her bags, print them out, and stick them outside of the dust bags so she can see what each dust bag contains. I'm thinking of taking up her advice once I get more bags in.
Jan 28, 2006, 8:50pm   #36

6 closets?!?!?! holy moly!

anyways, i have 4 (for now) medium-sized cloth boxes and a large underbed cloth box that i put my bags in. when i have the time i'm going to take a bunch of polaroids and stick them on the boxes for easy access. oh, and when i was shopping for a new dresser i made sure to get one with the little shelves in the middle and that's where i put all my small purses and accessories- keyfobs, wallets, coin purses, etc.
Mar 28, 2006, 8:57pm   #37
y
Not too long ago somone posted a site that sells an organizer that hangs each of your bags vertically, but unfortunately, I can't remember what it was!! Does anyone remember the site? I've searched everywhere to no avail!:sad2:
Mar 28, 2006, 9:10pm   #38
brian&vanessa :]
heavensent posted this one a while back -

Originally Posted by heavensent
http://media.redcatsusa.com/is/image...d=275&hei=275&

Our price $29.99

A Parking Lot For Purses! No more dented, dusty handbags. Store them instead in our Handbag Organizer designed to fit standard closet shelves. Ten super-durable UV-coated cubbies help bags stand upright, ready for service. Easy assembly. 21''Hx33''Wx12''D.

http://www.brylanehome.com/product.a...=5555055122237
Oops. It's not vertical though. I think I remember which thread you're talking about though.
Mar 28, 2006, 9:13pm   #39
brian&vanessa :]
Here's one ETenebris posted -

Originally Posted by ETenebris
I saw this on my weekly InStyle mailer today. Has anyone tried one of these? Will it hold the heavy designer bags, like the Paddington? Cute idea! My closet overfloweth!

I can't get the pic to upload...but click here to see the photo:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg....7_1883_8816556

www.simplysarahshaw.com
Mar 30, 2006, 1:19pm   #40
y
Thanks everyone, that simply sarah site was the one
I was looking for.
Mar 30, 2006, 2:08pm   #41
^^ that's a great website. I just checked it out. However, i still like to put my bags in the dust bags. )
Mar 30, 2006, 3:21pm   #42
He makes me smile!
I think that the Container store has a handbag organizer also
Mar 30, 2006, 4:52pm   #43
The Bargain Hunter
Originally Posted by vuittonGirl
^^ that's a great website. I just checked it out. However, i still like to put my bags in the dust bags. )
I like them in my dustbags too.
May 9, 2006, 3:35pm   #44
N
Do you keep your bags in their dustbags?

Also, do most people on this forum buy bags with the main intention to wear them out? Or is buying handbags a hobby (collecting)?
May 9, 2006, 3:40pm   #45
~H~
I use all of my bags. I keep them in my bedroom on a bookcase. I don't use their dustbags, probably should but I like to see them all.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses