Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Do you match the hardware on your bags and accessories?

POST A REPLY

Apr 28, 2012, 3:03pm   #571
KatK
Meow!
Glad I'm not the only one that mixes!
Last edited Apr 28, 2012 at 4:04pm.
Apr 28, 2012, 3:33pm   #572
katev
"The Bag Whisperer!"
No, I usually try and match the hardware on the fob to the bag but I don't worry about matching my personal jewelry to the hardware on my bag.

The only time I might do that if I was getting really dressed up to attend a wedding or fancy formal event, but even then probaby not.

In fact, now that I think about it, the last 2 events I attended (a wedding and a banquet) the hardware on my purse didn't match my jewelry!
Apr 28, 2012, 3:37pm   #573
Bag Fetish
Iphone Addict!
No!
Apr 28, 2012, 3:50pm   #574
freakflagflyin
(:
I like nickel hardware and all my jewelry is white gold and sterling silver. I hate mixing :)

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Apr 28, 2012, 3:59pm   #575
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
I only wear silver/white gold/platinum jewelry so I never even think to match with the hardware on my bags! I have bags with silver and bags with gold, doesn't matter to me so much on a bag. I'm not really into the matchy matchy thing, my wallets, makeup cases, wristlets, etc don't have to match my bag. I love tons of colors and patterns!
Apr 28, 2012, 4:01pm   #576
fieldsinspring
Smiling :)
I an definitely not that matchy matchy. The only time it really bothered me was with my siggy bag that had gold leather also.
Apr 28, 2012, 4:04pm   #577
MarneeB
~One Day At A Time~
Originally Posted by fieldsinspring
I an definitely not that matchy matchy. The only time it really bothered me was with my siggy bag that had gold leather also.

This is OT but I can't stop staring at the bag in your avatar! I'm drooling, it's gorgeous!
Apr 28, 2012, 4:16pm   #578
c
crazyforcoach09
STOP REPEATIN YASELF
I dont match
Apr 28, 2012, 4:21pm   #579
fieldsinspring
Smiling :)
Originally Posted by MarneeB

This is OT but I can't stop staring at the bag in your avatar! I'm drooling, it's gorgeous!
Lol why thank you. That's my first and only LV I bought pre loved a couple of weeks ago and added the coach scarf :)
Apr 28, 2012, 4:22pm   #580
crushgoil
Originally Posted by Jesssh
If there is a lot of hardware on the bag, I try to match. If just a little, don't care. If the bag is tan with silver hardware, I can do any metal: yellow gold, rose gold or silver.

Or you can mix everything up on purpose: lots of gold tones and silver tones, all together.
Agreed! I feel this way too
Apr 28, 2012, 10:17pm   #581
ktheartscoach
is pink obsessed
I don't...my wedding jewelry is yellow gold, other is white or silver or platinum, and I like to mix it up. On my bags, however, I like the hardware to match for my accessories and whatever is on the bag. It's not a dealbreaker, but I do prefer it that way.
Apr 29, 2012, 12:28am   #582
katierose
Loves Charms & Bags
No, I love to mix it up. My wedding rings are a mix of white and yellow gold, and so is my favorite ring on my right hand which is a designer piece.
I always mix my other jewelry also.
Actually if you look at the recent designer jewelry, a lot of it is mixed metals. I just bought earrings by Mark Jacobs that are gold, rose gold and silver.
Apr 29, 2012, 12:35am   #583
virgo8708
No. All the jewelry I wear is silver/white gold except for one set of rings that is rose gold.

I don't wear yellow gold jewelry ever but it doesn't bother me if the bag has gold or brass hardware because if I love it I will still carry it.
Apr 29, 2012, 6:10am   #584
MedtechCarol
Mental Rubik's Cube
Never thought about doing that actually, so I guess no is my answer LOL! But I bet it looks nice!
Apr 29, 2012, 10:31am   #585
trucoachaddict
Because I mix my jewelry I really don't match my hardware.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >