Home Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses

Do you ever lose sleep while deciding which bag to buy?

POST A REPLY

Nov 11, 2010, 12:48am   #16
I never lost sleep over a bag but I do spend a lot of time on eBay trying to see how cheap I can get an authentic bag
Nov 11, 2010, 12:55am   #17
lol, you are not the only one :)
Nov 11, 2010, 1:55am   #18
Yup - I then figure I need to put things in perspective!! I obsess about a lot of stuff - handbags are just one!
Nov 11, 2010, 7:56am   #19
s
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one!!

I don't think that posting pics of the bags will do me a bit of good because one of them is a Chanel classic flap, which always seems to win out over everything on TPF. The other bag is the Lanvin Happy which bears some resemblance to Chanel.

I swore I wasn't going to buy the Chanel because I looked at it 9 mos. ago and the price was $2800, and now the same bag is $3500 and the SA told me that there is going to be another price increase soon, so I should buy it now if I want it at that price. I was shocked when I heard how much the price had gone up in such a short amount of time. The reason I didn't buy it 9 months ago is because the stitching on the first bag I was shown was coming undone on the back of the bag. Of course, the SA brought out another one for me to look at, but I just kept thinking about the other faulty bag and how that was just unacceptable for a $2800 bag. So, I decided not to buy it that day and to think about it. Since then, I've been reading on here about all of the quality issues people are having with their newer Chanel flaps.

So, I had decided I was definitely getting the quilted Lanvin Happy. It's a better price at $2100, so I would have more money to put towards my obsession with Hermes bracelets. In my opinion, it's more unique than the Chanel and I think it may be better quality. But, I still can't get over wanting the Chanel bag, especially since everyone on here seems to adore theirs, even with the quality issues. So you can see my dilemma.

I'll post a pic of the Lanvin bag - I've already spent a lot of time in the Lanvin thread and the lovely ladies there have been very helpful in my decision making.
Attached Images

Nov 11, 2010, 8:24am   #20
PandaPop
I've been feeling like that for the past 2 or 3 months, its awful, i havent been loosing too much sleep but some nights i just cant sleep in up thinking of pros and cons etc!

Its like a virus, the bag virus, it eats at your brain until it convinces you to spend hundreds of pouunds maybe thousands!

there is no way to controll this, how do you stop, i just dont know! its scary lol

I just saw that bit above by swezfamily and i was kind of hving the same dilema, always going back to the chanel, but then last week it just went now i need a LV and i cant stop thinking about that, i think the chanel feelings will resurface when i get my Lv but who knows??? Will it ever end??

Also that Lanvin Happy is really nice and looks quite similar to a chanel really
Last edited Nov 11, 2010 at 8:28am.
Nov 11, 2010, 10:19am   #21
always an if in life
Yes. Definitely all the time! When I'm choosing a bag for someone else too (deciding what to get my sister for Christmas) I obsess too! Edit: read what you wrote OP, and I say go for the Happy!
Nov 11, 2010, 10:28am   #22
Not yet, but I had a dream about a bag last night. I have wanted a particular LV bag for a month now, but it's been out of stock online. Last night it was back in stock, but I REALLY need to wait until payday before I buy anything else. So I had dreams about the bag all night long... *sigh*...
Nov 11, 2010, 10:31am   #23
k
Yikes! Nope. No way. I've got more important, consequential, critical issues to deal with on a daily basis, that a bag means nothing next to all that. There's simply no way I'm allowing myself to stress over a bag.
Nov 11, 2010, 10:42am   #24
Its not that I lose sleep but I have had bags speak to me in my dreams. Once that happens, I feel a need to get the bag whether I had been planning on it or not.
Nov 11, 2010, 10:49am   #25
I do the same thing...not to that extent but I think about "the" bag before bed and it's hard to fall asleep and then when I wake up I'll catch myself doing it again and I'm Like "Enough!" and then I go back to bed. If I didn't have to worry about the darn needing money thing to buy a purse then I would just buy what I wanted and wouldn't worry about it. But since money is an issue, I have to obsess to know I love what I'm spending and arm and a leg on. So I guess that's my excuse and I'm stickin with it:)
Nov 11, 2010, 10:52am   #26
i'm sick!
Nov 11, 2010, 11:42am   #27
klj
Honestly..sure I probably have in the past~due to the excitement of receiving it...
Lately~ No.
Nov 11, 2010, 9:57pm   #28
c
they need to make a drug to cure our sickness because THIS is a disease, my dear friends of tpf!
Nov 12, 2010, 5:38am   #29
Yes
Nov 12, 2010, 5:51am   #30
earthling
I can relate to the sleepless nights over a bag compounded by my lack of patience.
Patience is not one of my virtues.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses