Home > >

Designer Brands You Will Never Buy

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 4, 2012, 8:57am   #4156
l
laurenkunst
Member
Brands dont matter to me, it's all the extra junk that some purses have hanging off them or how large they are. I like simple, refined lines. Classic looks that go with everything. I also think bags should fit a body type. Petite women need smaller bags and larger women need larger bags.
Aug 5, 2012, 12:04am   #4157
NYC Glitz's Avatar
NYC Glitz
Member
I can not say "I will never buy..." A brand that I am not attracted to right now might design something amazing later. If its nice and I like it, I will buy it, no matter what brand it is. : )
Aug 5, 2012, 4:10pm   #4158
j
jessielou910
Member
I always thought Dooney & Bourke was kind of overrated. And I CANNOT STAND Vera Bradley
Aug 5, 2012, 4:13pm   #4159
161cm's Avatar
161cm
Member
wow I posted here awhile ago that I wouldn't buy a balenciaga..but I want one so badly now! hehe I guess I'm back on the bbag train
Aug 10, 2012, 9:29pm   #4160
b
babidollface
Monroe St
I have a love hate relationship with the LV monogram speedy, which is turning more towards love these days. Due to its commonality, I'd feel like a sheep if I purchased it. I also dislike the small handles and lack of shoulder strap. The shape is also fairly unflattering when it isn't completely filled out.

However, the quality, as I've heard, is brilliant. I love the lock and key feature of the bag and the fact that it has a zipper and pockets.
Aug 10, 2012, 10:26pm   #4161
LoVeinLA's Avatar
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
Originally Posted by babidollface
I have a love hate relationship with the LV monogram speedy, which is turning more towards love these days. Due to its commonality, I'd feel like a sheep if I purchased it. I also dislike the small handles and lack of shoulder strap. The shape is also fairly unflattering when it isn't completely filled out.

However, the quality, as I've heard, is brilliant. I love the lock and key feature of the bag and the fact that it has a zipper and pockets.
Speedy bandolieure is your answer and its not as common as a regular speedy. ;-)
Aug 10, 2012, 10:56pm   #4162
needleworker's Avatar
needleworker
Member
I have never had a desire to get a LV mostly because I see so many, but who am I to judge because I have never so much as picked up one to examine it. Since there are so many, and you ladies here rave about them, I know I have to be missing something and I think I must be purposely walking the other way so I don't give in to temptation! LOL
Aug 10, 2012, 11:18pm   #4163
ReecesPieces's Avatar
ReecesPieces
Minkette
Originally Posted by jessielou910
I always thought Dooney & Bourke was kind of overrated. And I CANNOT STAND Vera Bradley
I second this! Vera Bradley is the worst everrrrrrrrrr
Aug 11, 2012, 12:20am   #4164
needleworker's Avatar
needleworker
Member
I have never been loyal to any particular designer or brand in purses. I have, however, noticed that the ones that just so happen to catch my eye a lot are Dooney and Fossil. D&B has been making some stunning bags in my opinion. They are durable and classy. I buy what I like. I just bought a Deux Lux Turquoise Bag at TJ Max that isn't even leather. It is so well made and I get so many compliments on it. It was less than $100.00 and it's fun. I'd rather get a few fun purses to fill in and not invest so much money every single time. I think there is a time and place for them all.
Aug 11, 2012, 12:24am   #4165
needleworker's Avatar
needleworker
Member
Originally Posted by 161cm
wow I posted here awhile ago that I wouldn't buy a balenciaga..but I want one so badly now! hehe I guess I'm back on the bbag train
That's why I learned a long time ago to never say never! I just never know when I might decide I like something I didn't care for before. I admit I change my mind at times.
Aug 11, 2012, 2:01am   #4166
U
Uromastyx
TDF
Believe it or not, I do not like BV, I know its hard to believe but its a brand I am not really fond of. I just cannot understand it and I will NEVER EVER buy it. And if someone give it to me as a present I will definitely resell it ;0 No offense to BV lovers.. >< Just not my thing.
Aug 11, 2012, 2:23am   #4167
needleworker's Avatar
needleworker
Member
Originally Posted by Uromastyx
Believe it or not, I do not like BV, I know its hard to believe but its a brand I am not really fond of. I just cannot understand it and I will NEVER EVER buy it. And if someone give it to me as a present I will definitely resell it ;0 No offense to BV lovers.. >< Just not my thing.
I see a few that I like, but that's all I can say about it. I "like" them but wouldn't pay the price because I don't like them THAT much!
Aug 11, 2012, 7:52am   #4168
Coach Lover Too's Avatar
Coach Lover Too
Member
Originally Posted by needleworker
That's why I learned a long time ago to never say never! I just never know when I might decide I like something I didn't care for before. I admit I change my mind at times.
I agree. I hate having to eat my words at times.
Aug 12, 2012, 12:36am   #4169
amrx87's Avatar
amrx87
Member
Oo fun thread! I love lv stuff but some of the designs...what the h!?

I don't like cerises, that neon graffiti line, the multicolore monogram, the denim line. Some people go crazy for it but it just looks overly trendy and...forgive me...cheap in my opinion. I also don't like the Damier Ebene, but I LOVE Azur! I'm a mono convert- I used to hate that I was essentially a walking billboard, but I really love the history behind the lv mono. Carrying mono makes me feel like I'm a part of some longstanding tradition! Silly :)
Aug 12, 2012, 5:57am   #4170
Minkette85's Avatar
Minkette85
Bag Junkie!
Maybe not a particular brand, but I can't stand monogram bags! Brands that I feel do this a lot are LV, coach, Michael Kors, D&B. I just hate feeling like a walking billboard for their brand!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools