POST A REPLY

Mar 7, 2009, 9:13pm   #31
w
Brahmin has some really nice looking handbags for the money. They are not all Made in the U.S. any longer. They still have some production here, while others are Made in China. The ones that are made in China, have a small black tag inside at the bottom of the bag's lining stating "Made in China". The handbags stating "Made in USA" state so on the bag's price tag. I found this out by calling Brahmin one day. I actually had questions about a specific bag, but also wanted to know where the bags were being made now. The customer service rep. filled me in on the tag details and the bag's origins.
Mar 7, 2009, 9:36pm   #32
Opie, My Schmopie!!
Thanks for clearing this up. windy, because I was just talking to a SA at Dillard's and she didn't quite know what to say about the "made in China" tag when she thought they were all entirely made in the USA.
Jun 14, 2009, 3:34pm   #33
I too recommend Brahmin. Thumbs up to both their workmanship and overall value. Like others among PF posters, being a horse enthusiast and growing up with fine saddlery we get to know what makes the good stuff so.

I like to haggle so I've found that it suits both my temperament and budget to grow the collection from established eBay sellers (3 to date for the year; so far so good, as my nearest Nordstrom's is a 2-hour drive). Fav details are brass protective feet, generous "drop length" if meant as a shoulder model (a general preference, plus I am long-waisted), and rolled and/or padded & stitched handles as offered with some designs.

Happy shopp'n!
Jun 15, 2009, 12:25pm   #34
B
Hi,

my hubby gave me a lovely handbag as a present, and I had never seen the brand before. My bag is Brahmin Rosalie Cooper. The colour is dark warm blue. None of my friends recognized this brand either. I was stunned by the high quality of the workmanship. I love the bag so much that I have acquired a matching wallet a bit later.

How nice to see that this brand seems to be well acknowledged elsewhere (I'm from Scandinavia).

I'll surely keep an eye on their other items too, some of their dark brown handbags would make a nice addition to my handbag collection :)

With regards,
Bag*Lady, a newbie in TPF
Apr 1, 2012, 8:54am   #35
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by windy
Brahmin has some really nice looking handbags for the money. They are not all Made in the U.S. any longer. They still have some production here, while others are Made in China. The ones that are made in China, have a small black tag inside at the bottom of the bag's lining stating "Made in China". The handbags stating "Made in USA" state so on the bag's price tag. I found this out by calling Brahmin one day. I actually had questions about a specific bag, but also wanted to know where the bags were being made now. The customer service rep. filled me in on the tag details and the bag's origins.

This still hold true today as I just called a few weeks ago to ask the same question and now stumbled on this post.. LOL
Apr 1, 2012, 5:53pm   #36
j
Wow! I did not know that they opened factories beyond USA. Obviously, business is booming.
Apr 2, 2012, 4:34pm   #37
I was walking through a local department store Saturday looking for a particular handbag when I passed the Brahmin display. This one jumped off the shelf, landed in my hands, and off I went to the cash register!!! The blue really sets it off. Couldn't leave without it.

It's called Lisa - Whisper Glossy Tri-Color Satchel and it's making it's debut outing today. It's even prettier in person.
Attached Images

Apr 2, 2012, 7:06pm   #38
Purses and Pandora
Originally Posted by madforhandbags
I was walking through a local department store Saturday looking for a particular handbag when I passed the Brahmin display. This one jumped off the shelf, landed in my hands, and off I went to the cash register!!! The blue really sets it off. Couldn't leave without it.

It's called Lisa - Whisper Glossy Tri-Color Satchel and it's making it's debut outing today. It's even prettier in person.
Lmao!! Jumped off the shelf into your hands eh? Lol! Love it!! Mod shots?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Apr 2, 2012, 8:01pm   #39
j

I had the fall Lisa in the moonlight Melbourne with lizard embossed bronze trim. It was gorgeous. They make the Lisa in specific styles. Good choice...I love my Brahmins. I have some on hold with charity day presale at Belk- 2 anytime bags and natural odyssey. I still thinking about odyssey- don't know if me.
Apr 5, 2012, 2:58pm   #40
Originally Posted by pandorabox
Lmao!! Jumped off the shelf into your hands eh? Lol! Love it!! Mod shots?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I'll try to do some mod shots this weekend. The trick is to post the pics! I think I must be photo posting illiterate!!!
Apr 5, 2012, 3:08pm   #41
Originally Posted by jlove
I had the fall Lisa in the moonlight Melbourne with lizard embossed bronze trim. It was gorgeous. They make the Lisa in specific styles. Good choice...I love my Brahmins. I have some on hold with charity day presale at Belk- 2 anytime bags and natural odyssey. I still thinking about odyssey- don't know if me.
Ooooh, your Lisa color combination sounds gorgeous. Pics?????? I'll have to check on that charity thing at my local Belk. I love my Brahmins too. They are very nice, quality bags at a good price point. You get your money's worth.

Enjoy your new Brahmin bags!!!
Last edited Apr 5, 2012 at 3:09pm. Reason: misspelling
Apr 5, 2012, 7:54pm   #42
j
Ooooh, your Lisa color combination sounds gorgeous. Pics?????? I'll have to check on that charity thing at my local Belk. I love my Brahmins too. They are very nice, quality bags at a good price point. You get your money's worth.

Enjoy your new Brahmin bags!!!
Well, my friend really really wanted it....so, I gave it to her. It was sold out. I knew that she wanted it more than me- I have too many bags. She is still thanking me. So, I don't have it anymore....but it was GORGEOUS!
Apr 6, 2012, 6:15am   #43
t
My last 2 purchases have been Brahmins. Been looking at them for years. Love them. Plan to buy another one later for Fall/Winter.
Apr 6, 2012, 7:25am   #44
Purses and Pandora
I'll try to do some mod shots this weekend. The trick is to post the pics! I think I must be photo posting illiterate!!!
Yay!!!
Jun 1, 2012, 9:13am   #45
S
I jus got the Elisa tri color handbag in praline. Absolutely georgious. I am not sure how to post pics yet. But it is a beautiful praline/butterscotch color with peacon trim. And under the peacon a slight trim of truffle. It is beautiful. Part of their summer 2012 line. Check it out. It is beautiful. Couldn't resist it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Bags, Bags, Bags Handbags & Purses