Home > >

Balenciaga vs Mulberry

POST A REPLY

Aug 16, 2012, 5:52am   #1
E
Edel
Hi,
I am wondering if I should buy a Mulberry Alexa or a Balenciaga City :)
What do you think would be the best investment?
Aug 16, 2012, 7:54am   #2
juriatah
I used to be in the same dilemma lol and I ended up got black bal city and never regretted it. One thing u should know is bal bag is kinda delicate. Alexa is cute and very classic but I see many ppl have Alexa and they have weird shape while being carried by the handle. Now I am in another kinda same dilemma again with new bal mini city or bays mulberry.. .either way I know I will love my purchase! Good luck for whatever u choose
Aug 16, 2012, 10:48am   #3
Mariapia
Originally Posted by juriatah
I used to be in the same dilemma lol and I ended up got black bal city and never regretted it. One thing u should know is bal bag is kinda delicate. Alexa is cute and very classic but I see many ppl have Alexa and they have weird shape while being carried by the handle. Now I am in another kinda same dilemma again with new bal mini city or bays mulberry.. .either way I know I will love my purchase! Good luck for whatever u choose
I'll never get tired of Balenciaga!
As for Mulberrys...they don't make me dream.....
Aug 16, 2012, 1:14pm   #4
h
heather123
Bal City! I now carry a Bal Twiggy regularly. The leather is great, lightweight and the bag is perfect for everyday. I never bought an Alexa as I heard too many complaints about this bag. And for the price, I don't think Alexa is worth it. It CAN look great on some people though. I have often been tempted.
Aug 16, 2012, 1:23pm   #5
indiaink
Clarity
Originally Posted by Edel
Hi,
I am wondering if I should buy a Mulberry Alexa or a Balenciaga City :)
What do you think would be the best investment?
Edel, it is always wise to do a search here for the many threads there are about Mulberry vs. Balenciaga - here are three (not exactly what you're asking, but close enough to give you great insight) that I found fairly easily using the Search feature (I like to search by post, not by thread):

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...se-766200.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...ga-757123.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-...ry-751429.html
Aug 16, 2012, 3:40pm   #6
Onebagtoomany
I would go for Mulberry but then I am not unbiased as not only do I love Mulberry but I don't 'get' Bal, they all look the same to me! Mulberry has some beautiful designs and leathers and the Alexa, although not a bag I personally like, is looking like it will be a classic. Also, I don't know where you live but I think generally Mulberry is much more recognisable than Balenciaga (at least here in the UK), if that matters to you.
Aug 16, 2012, 4:01pm   #7
angelicjulie
Handbags & Heels
I love the Mulberry Alexa - so much I have 2, although my first, the ink, will always be my true love :o)
Aug 16, 2012, 5:26pm   #8
E
Edel
Thanks so much for the answers :)
Aug 17, 2012, 12:16am   #9
airina666
Meh
Balenciaga City!
Aug 17, 2012, 1:52am   #10
Ms.Qi
mulberry
Aug 17, 2012, 3:37am   #11
seahorseinstripes
bag greed bug
i'll pick city over the alexa :)
Aug 17, 2012, 4:38am   #12
Julija
Bal City all the way, i had the same dilemma some time ago, only i chose between Bal City vs Mulberry Bayswater. I actually got Bayswater, and I love it. But the couldn't resist Bal temptation and bought Bal City couple of weeks later... And 4 more Bal Cities in next 3 months... Never looked back!
Aug 17, 2012, 5:14am   #13
Etincelle
I'd say Mulberry. I have a Bal and 2 Mulberries (about to get my third one!) and in my experience Mulberry is much more durable than Balenciaga. Also, I like that Mulberry is a bit more "under the radar" than Bal.
The only thing though is that I only own older Mulberry styles as I've heard the quality has gone down quite a bit (and the prices have gone up!) on the newest styles, including the Alexa (I've seen it quite a few times IRL and was really disappointed with the quality of the leather), plus, Mulberry makes most of their bags in China / Turkey now whereas Balenciaga is still made in Italy...
Good luck deciding!
Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 5:21am.
Aug 17, 2012, 5:18am   #14
chunkylover53
I vote for Mulberry. They just don't make Balenciagas like they used to (I may be bitter about the discontinuation of GH). Bags are not an investment though.
Aug 17, 2012, 11:08am   #15
k
kipanilee
Mulberry makes a better quality bag.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >