Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Anyone with suede bags? Hard to maintain?

POST A REPLY

Nov 21, 2006, 7:32am   #1
Miss Sooky
Hi all, I am very tempted by the Suede Ricky by Ralph Lauren being as the Croc leather is not an option because of the ££ at the moment. I have never owned a suede bag though. Are they really hard to care for and keep beautiful? Bear in mind I live in rainy old London!
Nov 21, 2006, 8:17am   #2
m
misslola
I think suede might be a one-season only option, but I like it. My friend has a suede bag and it looks pretty used up, but she carried it for months straight.
Nov 21, 2006, 10:22am   #3
Miss Sooky
Thanks I kind of knew that would be the answer and I think on that basis, the suede Ricky is looking kind of expensive. I am off to lust after an Anya Hindmarch Ebury now instead . . .in leather!
Nov 21, 2006, 1:16pm   #4
Marly
I'm looking at a red suede bag and wondering if it will rub off on my clothes- any comments on that?
Nov 21, 2006, 1:20pm   #5
T
Tootsie2579
Hi. Your question regarding colors rubbing off of suede bags. I have found if the purse is extremely inexpensive, there is a possibility of the color rubbing off onto some types of clothing materials. Otherwise, I have never had trouble with my suede bags. Jill
Nov 21, 2006, 11:24pm   #6
mikie
southern belle
I love suede. I have several suede bags. Coach, Rafe, And a Kooba. I love them so much but it is impossible to keep suede looking good. I'm not hard on bags and still have problems. With a lighter color you get dirt transfer around the zipper. With dark color you have to worry about color transfer on your clothes.
Nov 23, 2006, 1:40pm   #7
kathyrose
The Bargain Hunter
I don't have as much suede bags as I do other kinds. I don't take them out when it snows or rains.
Nov 23, 2006, 2:01pm   #8
I
IAmMe
Originally Posted by mikie
I love suede. I have several suede bags. Coach, Rafe, And a Kooba. I love them so much but it is impossible to keep suede looking good. I'm not hard on bags and still have problems. With a lighter color you get dirt transfer around the zipper. With dark color you have to worry about color transfer on your clothes.
I got some rain drops on my suede Kooba and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for cleaning it? There are these white/gray spots left behind...
Nov 12, 2007, 2:04pm   #9
B
Brandless
is it really hard to care for? Would you buy one again given the chance or would you stay away from it?
Nov 12, 2007, 2:07pm   #10
BagsRmyLife
I would suggest spraying it with some kind of weather protector/water proofer and then using it. I don't think they are that hard to care for but you have to be a little more careful depending on the color.
Nov 12, 2007, 2:12pm   #11
bagaholic85
i think u have to love suede for what it is. if you go with a light color, u have to understand up front that its not gonna last forever. i have a beautiful baby blue suede coach bag that i scotch-guarded, used and loved and its too dirty for me to use, but i cant bear to part with her just yet.... :s but i would totally buy one again!
Nov 12, 2007, 2:16pm   #12
m
momonthegooo!
Account Deactivated
Suede bags are gorgeous but I would lonly go with a black or a dark brown as those won't get as dirty as quickly. AND you should def. use some sort of weather proofing spray on it!
Nov 12, 2007, 2:18pm   #13
Roxana
♥'s dogs & bags
I have a yellow suede bag. I wore a navy shirt once and the color rubbed off on the bag, now I can't get it off
Never buying light colored suede bags anymore!!!
Nov 12, 2007, 2:58pm   #14
seahorseinstripes
bag greed bug
i have a 1000$ bottega veneta suede nappa leather bag in bright orange, only use it for less than a year, now it's all dirty and water mark anywhere i can't even stand to see it,
it's stored in my dustbag now.
i don't know how to clean it up
and i have my lesson learned, i'm not a person who can wear or take care of a suede bags ad i would never buy a suede bags leather ever although how tempting it is.

it's just not for me.
Nov 12, 2007, 4:55pm   #15
snoopylaughs
maybe you should take your BV to a shoe/boot cleaners place seahorseinstripes, maybe they can make your baby all new again! :}

personally, I have stayed away from suede about one random one I had, I prefer to be able to clean my purses without too much difficulty, of course I don't have any protectant sprays either
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >