Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jul 1, 2014, 6:00am   #6076
dcooney4
Lately have not not been into any one designer. I seem to be all over the place.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:41am   #6077
eehlers
Adrift and At Peace
Originally Posted by louvigilante
So tally is officially 3 in and 1 out for bags. Done buying bags. Must keep repeating I do not need any more bags or shoes!!! Must find contentment in what I have.

Here's a question for everyone: do you any a favorite designer? Like one you get excited to see the new styles or you just adore?

I used to be all about coach years ago. Now I don't know if I have just one favorite. I do love MJ and RM but not sure if I can call them my favorites.

Marc Jacobs (y'all are shocked, right?) - bags, SLGs, shoes, jewelry, fragrance, makeup - whether MbMJ or Collection, I love him. Lately, his collection items aren't really items I want to necessarily own, but I still love seeing the new collections - so much craftsmanship goes into them!

I always like seeing the new seasonal colors for Chloe and Longchamp, too.
Jul 1, 2014, 8:31am   #6078
cupcakegirl
Originally Posted by lvdreamer
Welcome back! Good luck with the move!
Thanks lv! Moving is not the funnest thing... but I am very excited about decorating the new place!
Originally Posted by JennyErin
I added one in, a RM mini cupid in black. Got it on sale for 50% off so I couldn't say no, using it as a weekend bag when I go out with my kids as my diaper bag is not required nearly as often anymore :)
Also here is a quick spy pic of my newest little edition, under my desk, as per usual haha.

Love it and the spy pics, Jenny! I want to see more pics of this cute bag...
Originally Posted by bakeacookie
Attachment 2671177

Here's all my daily SLGs.
I can't wait to change bags next week. I love my Alma, but I want to carry something different today.

My reusable bag will also make it's reappearance next week too lol.
Fun bunch of SLG's!!! Love the colors!
Originally Posted by eggtartapproved
Yup, I do. I also track: date of purchase, location of purchase, price, sale price, how many times I've used it (started this year), cost per wear, condition it's in, and what type it is. I do this for my wallets and slgs, shoes, and started this year with everything I've purchased this year and labeled it as 'favourites' because i'm only now buying things that are favourites.
Good grief woman, you're so organized!!!
Jul 1, 2014, 8:39am   #6079
cupcakegirl
My little stam came today! She's more compact but I still love her. She'll be perfect for date nights. I kinda wish I got another one with GHW but must remind myself I have other bags I could use too! Lol Attachment 2671515

I already see pairing her with my black frye harness boots! Lol
This is lovely, the gray is gorgeous!!! Congrats!
Here's a question for everyone: do you any a favorite designer? Like one you get excited to see the new styles or you just adore?
It used to be Balenciaga for me, but now I don't have any favorites.
Jul 1, 2014, 8:44am   #6080
cupcakegirl
Since I haven't posted any pics in a while, here's what I'm carrying now... my beloved bal.
Attached Images

Jul 1, 2014, 9:13am   #6081
dcooney4
cupcakegirl- Beautiful bag! Congrats on the move. Moving is always tons of work but the decorating part is a ton of fun.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:29am   #6082
bakeacookie
Jennyerin - love the Cupid! Does it have ghw?

Bake - love the bright colors. I'm trying to get better about using my SLGs. I think that will be my goal next month is to reorganize.

My little stam came today! She's more compact but I still love her. She'll be perfect for date nights. I kinda wish I got another one with GHW but must remind myself I have other bags I could use too! Lol Attachment 2671515

I already see pairing her with my black frye harness boots! Lol
So pretty! I had a chance to get one in pink but it got snatched up at the rack before I could decide. Lol. I'd love it in this color better though! Love the stams. It came in a gorgeous purple but the only size available at the Rack was too big for me.
Originally Posted by eehlers
I love Cadillac. I use it on all of my bags. :)
Yay! Do you use Cadillac for all your bags?

I actually like to pull them out twice a year to inspect and thoroughly clean them. Makes me remember why I love each bag. I desperately need to do this for my shoes but am using the excuse we are going to remodel our closet and I can do it then.
Definitely need to do this for shoes. I keep looking at the tally in my Stylebook and I'm surprised I have that many shoes. I wear like 5 all the time and the rest are always hidden in their boxes.

So tally is officially 3 in and 1 out for bags. Done buying bags. Must keep repeating I do not need any more bags or shoes!!! Must find contentment in what I have.

I used to be all about coach years ago. Now I don't know if I have just one favorite. I do love MJ and RM but not sure if I can call them my favorites.
No more bags and shoes! Lol!

My favorite designer is LV. I love seeing what'll be new. Not that I'll buy most of the time, but LV is one of the designers I always check for new items.

I too used to be about Coach, but I haven't been into anything they have lately. I've been really disappointed with the lack of new styles for the Madison line and the seemingly discontinued Poppy line.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:30am   #6083
bakeacookie
Originally Posted by cupcakegirl
Since I haven't posted any pics in a while, here's what I'm carrying now... my beloved bal.
All the bal posts make me want to look into Balenciaga.

So pretty, I love this shade of brown.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:49am   #6084
bakeacookie
Do you all pick a bag based on outfit? Or on weather? Or because you feel like carrying a certain bag?

I have this "schedule" where I wear one bag for 3 weeks. I am pretty lazy to switch from bag to bag multiple times a week, since each bag has different carrying capacity and would allow me to carry or not carry certain items.

So because I do this, my outfits don't usually coordinate with my bag. Does that retract from my looking put together? Or are my bags neutral enough for me to plop it with any outfit?
Jul 1, 2014, 11:13am   #6085
eggtartapproved

Nothing in or out for me in June but I'm going to the outlets today so that may change for July :) my fave were coach and Gucci and I'd religiously checks them. Now, I find myself checking LV a lot and have some 'wants' but nothing I plan to get right away.

Hope you get settled into your new place soon! As always, that bal is gorgeous. Such the most amazing shade of brown.
Do you all pick a bag based on outfit? Or on weather? Or because you feel like carrying a certain bag?

I have this "schedule" where I wear one bag for 3 weeks. I am pretty lazy to switch from bag to bag multiple times a week, since each bag has different carrying capacity and would allow me to carry or not carry certain items.

So because I do this, my outfits don't usually coordinate with my bag. Does that retract from my looking put together? Or are my bags neutral enough for me to plop it with any outfit?
I'm really bad at coordinating things, so for me, no, my outfit does not necessarily match my bag :( I'll just carry whatever bag I want, unless it's for a specific occasion.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:38am   #6086
pursecrzy

All of the above! Also where I'm going. Different bag if I'm going to a sporting event and there are some bags (visible logo) I will not take to work. Open top bags are not an option if I'm going to be on public transportation. I tend not to carry black bags in the summer, nor white ones in the winter.
Jul 1, 2014, 12:27pm   #6087
louvigilante
Cupcake - so happy your moved went well and so very happy to see your bal pics! She's really hot! :) (love bals)

I usually have my coach duffle on me for day use and switch my after hours (no kids) bag for outfits. With SoCal weather I don't have to care about weather since it's always sunny. (Except for this week, it's humid! Yuck. Sorry to those who live in the south, I know your humidity is worse, I'm just a wimp. )
Jul 1, 2014, 12:38pm   #6088
l
lvdreamer
Looking for Winter
Lovely!

It depends. If it's raining, I have a few bags that tolerate rain well and pick from those (even though it never seems to rain in Central California anymore). Otherwise, I just pick whatever I want to carry -- that may be by outfit or just because I want to carry it. I don't have a particular bag schedule, but I do try and make sure that my bag "goes" with my outfit, even if it does not "match" it.
Jul 1, 2014, 2:46pm   #6089
dcooney4
I wear what ever I am in the mood for unless it is foul weather .
Jul 1, 2014, 2:50pm   #6090
dcooney4
I can hardly wait to get the email for the replacement bag. They received the damaged one yesterday . I am looking forward to the new one. I hope they send it fast.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > >