Home > >

White bags and how to take care of them?

POST A REPLY

Feb 20, 2006, 11:31pm   #16
b
boxyandme
Cute bag! I never saw that one before. I've also been thinking of a new white bag, I'm debating between chloe off white hobo, or the LV lodge pm in white. But this coach bag is really peaking my interest! Thanks for the photo!
Feb 21, 2006, 3:02am   #17
Noriko
Account Deactivated
I don't have that bag, but in my experience white leather can get dirty easily. Can that bag be re-dipped?
Feb 21, 2006, 11:01am   #18
Greenie
Bag Ho
Cute bag. White is good if you don't use it everyday! I would spray some protectant on it before using and be careful about where you lay it and it should be okay.
Mar 11, 2006, 2:17am   #19
moe
Does white leather turn yellow with time and wear?? If it does are there ways of preventing it?
Mar 11, 2006, 2:23am   #20
wickedassin
I don't know about white leather.... I know that some manufacturers (i.e. Chanel) warn customers that white PATENT leather can turn yellow.
Mar 11, 2006, 2:41am   #21
pursemama
Pursaholic
Originally Posted by wickedassin
I don't know about white leather.... I know that some manufacturers (i.e. Chanel) warn customers that white PATENT leather can turn yellow.
Yuck!...That's true, I've seen that happen. I don't think white leather turns yellow though.
Mar 11, 2006, 2:32pm   #22
addicted
That's a bummer that white leather can turn yellow.. :o(
Mar 11, 2006, 9:50pm   #23
GIAGIAJA
It does........................

Every year my company have to sent back white purse to the warehouse. Even white fabric as well. We think it is because of the glue that they use to make the purse. So far nothing can be clean
even we tried to use stain remover or goo-gone.

If you use leather conditioner your bag will be uneven color.
Mar 11, 2006, 10:04pm   #24
kathyrose
The Bargain Hunter
Real white leather can discolor but it depends on how you take care of it I think. I'm not sure. Patent leather definitely will turn yellow eventually I think.
May 12, 2006, 3:33pm   #25
pixiechic
So thankful.
I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find it...

I'm about to take my new ivory Kooba Sienna out of its dustbag this weekend, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to keep it pretty and white - at least until my trip in a couple of weeks. Obviously I'll try not to drag it in the dirt, set it on the floor, etc. Can I safely Scotchgard the gorgeous Kooba leather? Coach leather protector? Any other tricks?

Thanks in advance!
May 12, 2006, 4:26pm   #26
IndyCat
Hippie:

I sprayed my new white bag with Apple Garde after seeing so many posts on TPF. I feel better about carrying it but I haven't carried it enough yet to know whether it will stay clean. I've also read that some on TPF like Shining Monkey. I chose the Apple Garde because I can buy it locally rather than having to order online.
May 12, 2006, 4:39pm   #27
pixiechic
So thankful.
Thanks! Do you know where I could get Apple Garde at a retail shop? The website wasn't very informative about that.

Shining Monkey...the car wax? Interesting!
May 12, 2006, 4:46pm   #28
IndyCat
I don't think that the Shining Monkey product everyone uses is the car wax, but rather a product by that company that is used to protect leather and fabric car interiors.

For Apple products, go to their web site and look for the "Where to Purchase" button:

http://www.applepolishes.com/applepolishes/prodinfo.htm
May 12, 2006, 8:49pm   #29
angstofgumby
Originally Posted by hippiechic
Thanks! Do you know where I could get Apple Garde at a retail shop? The website wasn't very informative about that.

Shining Monkey...the car wax? Interesting!
Burlington Coat Factory carries Apple Garde products.
Jun 20, 2006, 3:28am   #30
TheArtofAcquisition
Account Deactivated
I have posted the question in the YSL section as well, but I hope to get responses from anyone with tips on cleaning white leather. I have dirtied the YSL white Muse, and I have tried Coach cleaner to no avail. What do you all do? Secrets? Or am I stuck? The marks are reddish brown in nature.

Thanks in advance.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >