Up To 40% Off

Net-A-Porter

Up To 50% Off Designer Sale

Bloomingdale's

Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

White bags and how to take care of them?

POST A REPLY

Apr 12, 2010, 10:13pm   #181
c
cassidy
I can not carry a white bag! I am way too hard on bags for a white one. (fb)
Apr 13, 2010, 9:01am   #182
pursedout
I have an off white Gucci leather bag also so no worries there.
Apr 13, 2010, 9:51am   #183
Aisuhimeriae
Aisu loves LV!
It's a shame that white bags are so hard to maintain pristine, as they're so gorgeous! >_< Especially lambskin oh my god, I can't even imagine...
Apr 13, 2010, 11:00am   #184
p
pashaps
I have a white guicci and I would suggest a smaller to meduim size, I have my jeans transfer on to the bottom of the bag and once it's there it's almost impossable to remove the stain. White also absorbes all colors keep that in mind.

But I still manage to always fall in love with the white.
Apr 13, 2010, 3:17pm   #185
BgaHolic
Emma 4ever in my <3
Here's one OP! Not too expensive at all and looks like it's easy to maintain!

http://www.katespade.com/product/ind...863844.2620198
Jul 30, 2012, 9:19pm   #186
e
evacheri
A good leather cleaner will keep your whites extra white. Or simply just a rag and warm water. I've never had any issues with mine.
Jul 30, 2012, 9:32pm   #187
e
evacheri
Originally Posted by thithi
I would worry about color transfer with white patent.... happens all the times, especially with jeans!
Uhg, exactly! Color transfer is pretty common for lighter color. I've never had also issues with mine.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:22pm   #188
l
liabee
I have a cute mbmj tote in off white (ivory-ish) leather that I bought in 2007. After 5 years or hard use with minimal love and care, it may be a bit dirty but you cant really tell unless you look closely, and I still get complements on it. It may be that the pebbling helped it age well, or mask some dirtiness, so I recommend something similar for other lazy people :)
Jul 31, 2012, 3:29pm   #189
L
LatestObsession
Does anyone know if Apple Guarde Rain & Stain Repellant or Wilsons Protector spray are ok to use on a Coach embossed python Kristin? It is a combination of parchment colored leather (almost white) & a grey, white, silver embossed python. If not should I use Vectra? TIA
Aug 1, 2012, 2:36am   #190
f
fruitbingo
does toothpaste works on all kinds of leather, what about balenciaga bag?
Aug 23, 2012, 8:08pm   #191
i
ilovesatchels
Originally Posted by LatestObsession
Does anyone know if Apple Guarde Rain & Stain Repellant or Wilsons Protector spray are ok to use on a Coach embossed python Kristin? It is a combination of parchment colored leather (almost white) & a grey, white, silver embossed python. If not should I use Vectra? TIA
I have the same bag, and looking at the care card, it said not to use any stain repellant, I did use it everyday for a few months, and it seems not to absorb any colour. Anyway, now, I use that bag as an evening bag....
Aug 23, 2012, 9:42pm   #192
L
LatestObsession
Originally Posted by ilovesatchels
I have the same bag, and looking at the care card, it said not to use any stain repellant, I did use it everyday for a few months, and it seems not to absorb any colour. Anyway, now, I use that bag as an evening bag....
Thanks. I guess I will just avoid using it when wearing denim. Apple says their spray can be used on anything but I'm not sure I wanna risk it.
Aug 27, 2012, 8:47pm   #193
Y
Ymartinez
Originally Posted by essential
Hi! For those who has leather white bags, how has the white leather hold up for all these years/months/days? I'm Contemplating about getting a white leather bag myself but I'm paranoid about the whiteness. I worry about it getting dirty easily or worse of all, white turning into an off-white/yellowish/grayish Color. Did that happen to your bags? How are your white bags holding up? Thanks
I use leather wipes after every single use. Also don't use them with blue jeans. It will stian them blue. Also use a purse hook so you don't have to put them on the floor at a restaurant
Sep 16, 2012, 2:38am   #194
i
ilovesatchels
Originally Posted by essential
Hi! For those who has leather white bags, how has the white leather hold up for all these years/months/days? I'm Contemplating about getting a white leather bag myself but I'm paranoid about the whiteness. I worry about it getting dirty easily or worse of all, white turning into an off-white/yellowish/grayish Color. Did that happen to your bags? How are your white bags holding up? Thanks
I have a Mulberry Taylor, in Marshmallow White. I spray it with water repellant spray, and its fine. There's some small stains on the edges of the stitching...

in my experience, I really think its the type of the leather. some leather is more porous and would absorb colours and some leather eg pebbled leather is not absorbant of colours....well, that's my experience anyway.
Sep 17, 2012, 12:52am   #195
v
vajra
I dont like to purchase the white color bags .It is very hard to keep them clean.
You can simply wash them to clean in a very short time.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >